Former Bears Coach Says Fields was "Really hard to Watch"

napo55

Liked Posts:
Fields had only two good receivers, D J Moore and Cole Kmet. Both had career years with Justin. Let's see how he does with a decent receiving corps before writing him off.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
We don’t truly know how many players loved him, how many disliked him, and how many were somewhere in the middle.

Ultimately it’s irrelevant. He’s not good enough, so he was let go.

The “locker room mutiny” hypothesis was the dumbest shit ever, and anyone who espoused it should be ruthlessly mocked.

At the same time, it’s also intellectually dishonest to pretend to know that Fields was the source of some type of large scale locker room toxicity. We simply don’t know, and until we get some more widespread reporting one way or the other, I’m going to continue to assume the truth, as usual, is somewhere in the middle.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
ModSquad, please reinstate the Fields Mega-Thread so @run and shoot can go talk to himself in there . . .

Did you see this part when you walked in......

👉 Replies 190 Views 6K

Former Bears Coach Says Fields was "Really hard to Watch"​

👉 Thread starter 90sBullsFan
Start date May 13, 2024

the shoopster's seen it all, fella. He's seen it all . . .

The point is there's over 200 people ( including me) who came to weigh in on this thread. Do they need a " Fields Mega-Thread so can go talk to themselves in there . . ." ??
Sigh....that's a rhetorical question. Have a good one,

JordanSigler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The point is there's over 200 people ( including me) who came to weigh in on this thread. Do they need a " Fields Mega-Thread so can go talk to themselves in there . . ." ??
To be fair this thread was merged.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
To be fair this thread was merged.

Ok ...I just stopped in like everyone else, so I didn't get PhilEBuster saying I needed a "mega thread"
Oh well. Go Bears

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's where he asked to go. What could be better for him than that.
Well he asked for it cause he had no chance of starting elsewhere. But I’m not saying there was a better option. Maybe it was the best of the bunch… but the best of bad options doesn’t equal a particularly good opportunity.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We don’t truly know how many players loved him, how many disliked him, and how many were somewhere in the middle.

Ultimately it’s irrelevant. He’s not good enough, so he was let go.

The “locker room mutiny” hypothesis was the dumbest shit ever, and anyone who espoused it should be ruthlessly mocked.

At the same time, it’s also intellectually dishonest to pretend to know that Fields was the source of some type of large scale locker room toxicity. We simply don’t know, and until we get some more widespread reporting one way or the other, I’m going to continue to assume the truth, as usual, is somewhere in the middle.
Yeah regardless of all this gossip, ultimately he failed. That’s it. End of story.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If Russ plays as decently as he did last year, Fields ain’t seeing the field unless they use him as a gadget player or a kick returner
This statement is not wrong.

So what does it say about Fields that he won’t see the field if the starter “plays decently “?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure how much of that I believe...If a team in someplace that Justin didn't want to be offered more in trade compensation than Pittsburgh did, are we to believe that he would have turned that down?

Poles works for the Bears, not JF.
So Poles has said it and Fields has said it but you choose to not believe it?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This statement is not wrong.

So what does it say about Fields that he won’t see the field if the starter “plays decently “?
He’s behind the 8ball. Not to be confused with a Darryl Strawberry 8ball tho

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
So Poles has said it and Fields has said it but you choose to not believe it?

I think it is convenient to say after the trade has happened.

For JF, it ingratiates himself to the Steelers organization

For Poles, it makes him sound like a good guy who is more concerned about players happiness than he is in getting the most in return for a trade.

Let's think this through: If some team had offered a day-two pick for Fields, and Justin said, "I really don't want to go there", that Poles would have said, "Okay Justin"...We'll take the Steelers much lower offer instead, as long as you're happy".

Does that sound likely to you?

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
Bill Walsh wasn’t making JF a top NFL qb. Stop blaming the coaches.

I'm not blaming the coaches for JF's development, or lack thereof.

I am saying the coaching in Chicago over the past several seasons has been less-than-stellar.

Because it has been.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well he asked for it cause he had no chance of starting elsewhere. But I’m not saying there was a better option. Maybe it was the best of the bunch… but the best of bad options doesn’t equal a particularly good opportunity.
He'll probably get some reps this year just for Pitt to see what's there after sitting behind Wilson for a while. His best option of long term starter is there. He's behind someone he's patterned his game after/admired and can see it done right plus nobody offered the Bear compensation commensurate with a projected starter so he likely wasn't starting anywhere this year.

My post wasn't about this year but his overall future. He'll pay more attention to Wilson than he did Foles and be able to pattern his game after him. Finally get to sit a learn for a bit. Pittsburgh should have no trouble retaining him next year if they choose and right now, Fields wanted that destination anyway.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Dunne ( a clout chaser) pushed a bogus, toxicity, hit piece article about JF here seen in link #170 And quite a few u-tube sports channels do care and have accepted the hit piece as truth.
Anyway...everyone is free to believe what they want about Dunne. Have a good weekend
Bro you're still on here protecting Justin Fields honor?

DJ Moore said it best the difference between Caleb Williams and Justin Fields is Caleb Williams throws with anticipation.

That's just one of a myriad of things that he does better but just the one that can be reported on thus far.

Throwing with anticipation is EVERYTHING as evidenced by this throw to Travis Kelce. Kelce isn't even looking for the ball when it's thrown into the window that sets up the game tying field goal. Find me examples of Justin Fields doing this throwing with consistent anticipation.

Who cares about the culture, all that matters is when he failed to do on the field.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Bro you're still on here protecting Justin Fields honor?

DJ Moore said it best the difference between Caleb Williams and Justin Fields is Caleb Williams throws with anticipation.

That's just one of a myriad of things that he does better but just the one that can be reported on thus far.

Throwing with anticipation is EVERYTHING as evidenced by this throw to Travis Kelce. Kelce isn't even looking for the ball when it's thrown into the window that sets up the game winning field goal. Find me examples of Justin Fields doing this throwing with consistent anticipation.

Who cares about the culture, all that matters is when he failed to do on the field.
STFU

WestsideResider

Bro idk
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure how much of that I believe...If a team in someplace that Justin didn't want to be offered more in trade compensation than Pittsburgh did, are we to believe that he would have turned that down?

Poles works for the Bears, not JF.
Poles made it a point to say he wanted to do right by Justin during his combine interview. Everything that’s happened since indicates he did just that. Fields wanted to play for Tomlin and now he gets the chance to do that. Not everything is a conspiracy