Former Bears Coach Says Fields was "Really hard to Watch"

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Super glad we moved all the other threads to the bar! @bamainatlanta
If a thread gets hijacked by this topic, it’s a dead thread. If a thread is created solely dedicated to JF, it’s fine. I’m just ready for 2024 to start. Others? Not so much. Seems they would rather discuss 2021-2023.

napo55

Liked Posts:
31.gms should have jumped at acquiring him

10 gms who needed a qb should have double jumped at acquiring him

0 gms did either of the above

It should be crystal clear what the nfl thinks of him........but.....nuthuggers won't stop with the false narrative of "more weapons" get the "haul"
Insults tell us a poster can't respond with substance. How do you think Caleb Williams would have performed with the Bears last year? He sure had a disappointing losing performance with USC last year. .

greg23

Liked Posts:
Insults tell us a poster can't respond with substance. How do you think Caleb Williams would have performed with the Bears last year? He sure had a disappointing losing performance with USC last year. .
That's funny....where's the insult? Cleqrly the guy had no trade value/market and the Bears received low level backup compensation for him.

one guy can't see/read a defense and get the ball out on time.....still TBD but the other guy looks like he can play the position as it relates to vision/timing/accuracy

To reiterate....this waz never a hard decision...moving on was the crystal clear choice.

napo55

Liked Posts:
That's funny....where's the insult? Cleqrly the guy had no trade value/market and the Bears received low level backup compensation for him.

one guy can't see/read a defense and get the ball out on time.....still TBD but the other guy looks like he can play the position as it relates to vision/timing/accuracy

To reiterate....this waz never a hard decision...moving on was the crystal clear choice.
I notice you didn't answer the question.

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes

Bears reportedly turned down a bigger offer to do right by ...Justin Fields

Quote from the above article......

"This information about the Bears having multiple teams interested in Fields to reach out regarding a trade was even backed up by Bears' general manager Ryan Poles soon after the trade was officially announced."

If Poles willingly accepted an inferior offer just to make a player no longer in the organization happy, he didn't do right by the Bears.

But then a lot of things get said after a trade doesn't happen...Who really knows what's true and what's smoke?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
You need to calm down and stop getting unhinged. On virtually every pass in the footage provided..... JF is not only passing with anticipation. he's doing it while under pressure in some situations.

@1:37 anticipation @2:09 anticipation @3:05 "go route" anticipation @3:24 anticipation while being hit @3:47 processing while on the move, spots the open man at the last second TD!

@4:27 post route anticipation, @4:38 'quick square in' shows anticipation while being SMASHED

@6:30 'curl route' anticipation BAM! @7:00 'seam route' anticipation @8:10 'curl route' anticipation TD! @11:38 under pressure, anticipating the cross, BAM! hits him.
@12:35 'square' anticipation. @13:24 total anticipation with 'square in'

I'll stop here with my breakdown.
Please stop

Face it....the guy sucked.

He was available Jan 8th.....and.nobody was interested in him as a starter and from the sounds of it; one team was interested in him as a backup (which is what he is) and offered a worthless 6th round pick

You could put together a highlight packages that's 20x as long with his awful reads/hesitancy to throw/fumbles

I know won't do it but......
I'll be on the lookout for your breakdown ( showing proper routes and pass pro).....that proves JF's "awful reads/hesitancy to throw/fumbles "

PhilEBuster

shoopster - Then. Now. Forever.
Donator
Liked Posts:

greg23

Liked Posts:

greg23

Liked Posts:
I notice you didn't answer the question.
A college junior vs a 3rd year pro?

Despite the inexperience; the bar was pretty low; ill say equal to or greater than the performance we saw at the qb position last year.

Stop defending the guy.....he was god-awful.

napo55

Liked Posts:
A college junior vs a 3rd year pro?

Despite the inexperience; the bar was pretty low; ill say equal to or greater than the performance we saw at the qb position last year.

Stop defending the guy.....he was god-awful.
This has to end. But it is true that Williams was affected by a reduced receiving corps and O line last year and his performamce suffered.

Hopefully he won't be faced with the same problem with the Bears newly enhanced offensive personnel. So suporting cast does matter, which Fields detractors don't want to admit..

greg23

Liked Posts:
This has to end. But it is true that Williams was affected by a reduced receiving corps and O line last year and his performamce suffered.

Hopefully he won't be faced with the same problem with the Bears newly enhanced offensive personnel. So suporting cast does matter, which Fields detractors don't want to admit..
Well.....Mahomes entire supporting cast has constantly changed (except for kelce) and he made it to a super bowl with and injured and poor oline and won a super bowl with an awful wr corp.......and allen supporting cast has generally been average to below average and just got worse.

One doesn't need a supporting cast to actually look like a nfl qb. When a qb constantly looks god awful; it's usually because they are god awful not solely because of a supporting cast.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Well.....Mahomes entire supporting cast has constantly changed (except for kelce) and he made it to a super bowl with and injured and poor oline and won a super bowl with an awful wr corp.......and allen supporting cast has generally been average to below average and just got worse.

One doesn't need a supporting cast to actually look like a nfl qb. When a qb constantly looks god awful; it's usually because they are god awful not solely because of a supporting cast.
Williams lost 5 out of his last 8 games at USC. So are you saying it was his fault?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Williams lost 5 out of his last 8 games at USC. So are you saying it was his fault?
Williams looked bad in the Notre Dame game. Every other game they lost he still looked good but their defense was complete ass.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It takes massive conspiracy theory thinking to think Fields wanted to go to the only team that would take him.

If Steelers were the only team that wanted him and Fields wanting to go there and Poles doing right was filled in later why wouldn't Steelers wait for him to be cut and get him free?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I'll be on the lookout for your breakdown ( showing proper routes and pass pro).....that proves JF's "awful reads/hesitancy to throw/fumbles "
Basically just rewatch any of his 40 starts a
the past 3 years.....especislly focus on the Bears offense and "passing" game....don't blink or you'll miss the 10 completions for 130 yards in each game

Translation:

*****So no breakdown from u. Got IT
-------
And the Poles article you ignored shows there were other offers.

"He was available Jan 8th.....and.nobody was interested in him as a starter and from the sounds of it; one team was interested in him as a backup (which is what he is) and offered a worthless 6th round pick"
-
greg23

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Merry Christmas, r&s (because this discussion belongs in December, 2023) . . .

Pass this on to the.....
Thread starter @90sBullsFan
Start date May 13, 2024

......and to the 275 posters who came here to weigh in. Enjoy

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I believe Biggs backed this up.
My guess is that someone may have offered a 4th and why the trade has the play stipulation attached but I doubt a 3rd was ever involved.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So did Ryan Poles do anything last year to add some decent skill players to support D J Moore and Justin Fields? Glad he has changed course 180 degrees this year. But Poles seems to skate free of any responsibility for the 10-24 record he has so far...
There's nothing wrong with Kmet and Mooney.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Yes suffered somewhat but the dude was still an elite college passer