Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This is the definition of a nuthugger."
-
greg23

Sir......I have no interest in your definition caressing testicles . I'm here to talk football only.

"The 31 other NFL GM's valued him as a backup; which netted the bears a 6th round pick (far lower than other recently traded high 1st round picks)"
-
greg23

Here's what you originally said below......#267

"He was available Jan 8th.....and.nobody was interested in him as a starter and from the sounds of it; one team was interested in him as a backup (which is what he is) and offered a worthless 6th round pick"
-greg23

Please review the linked article >>Bears reportedly turned down a bigger offer to do right by ...Justin Fields
I didn't write the article

Back to football footage breakdown.

"You could put together a highlight packages that's 20x as long with his awful reads/hesitancy to throw/fumbles" #267
-greg23

I gave a fairly decent footage breakdown here>>#257
I've asked u repeatedly.... to prove your above statement. Pull any footage you want, Break it down by timestamp. And then I'll analyze it as well. What are you AFRAID OF ???? I'm tired of the back & forth banter.

Let's do your counter footage breakdown of JF that proves your above statement.

What are you AFRAID OF ????
Breakdown footage by timestamp?

Haha....good one

Here it is.

Seasons: 2021/22/23
Games started: rb1
Timestamp: q1 15:00 thru q4 0:00

Most of what you'll see is garbage qb play

Get back to me with your input.

Oh wait, ive alrwdy heard it....the oline sucked, the wr sucked, the oc sucked, the hc sucked, the weather sucked, the fans were mean, the stadium surface was poor...... Oh, and here's a short video compilation of highlights showing how good he is!!!!!!

Should have went for...

The HAUL

Sigh....oh wait, here ya go 🥱

You're trying hard to be funny / sarcastic 😬, WHILE dodging a football footage breakdown . Show your football knowledge. Lets do a football footage breakdown footage of JF like I did here #257

Pull any footage you want of JF, Break it down by timestamp. And then I'll analyze it as well.

greg23.........

1716675874191.jpeg

Last edited:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'll look at your video later. For now....

"DJ Moore said it best the difference between Caleb Williams and Justin Fields is Caleb Williams throws with anticipation."
-
DanielCCSBears

As a sports journalist..... you should be looking for balance. What u stated above has nothing to do with how Moore felt about JF as a Qb. On countless occasions Moore has been in total support of JF. Moore had openly scolded getsy for not taking deep shots. Also Moore had his best season with JF at Qb,

Travis Kelce. .....really Daniel? Kelce, Mahomes etc are all under the tutelage of Andy Reid,
JF was under getsy. But I get it......you don't like JF
-------

Let me know if I need me to go through the timestamps that show anticipation under pressure in the vid below

Daniel isn't a sports journalist.

greg23

Liked Posts:

You're trying hard to be funny / sarcastic 😬, WHILE dodging a football footage breakdown . Show your football knowledge. Lets do a football footage breakdown footage of JF like I did here #257

Pull any footage you want of JF, Break it down by timestamp. And then I'll analyze it as well.

greg23.........

View attachment 38688
Alot of gibberish defending an awful qb

Just watch about 35 of his 40 starts....maybe you'll see his awful mechanics, poor reads, holding of the ball, inaccuracy, piss poor pocket awareness, turnovers, 10-15 completions, 150 yards, etc....

Or go to post 1 and re-read what his coaches said

Or; watch some select highlight reel and convince yourself he was the guy

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

greg23.........

Alot of gibberish defending an awful qb

Just watch about 35 of his 40 starts....maybe you'll see his awful mechanics, poor reads, holding of the ball, inaccuracy, piss poor pocket awareness, turnovers, 10-15 completions, 150 yards, etc....

Or go to post 1 and re-read what his coaches said

Or; watch some select highlight reel and convince yourself he was the guy

1716678083260.jpeg

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Last edited:

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
Jesus, this whole fucking thing was argued about two months ago. Maybe he sees value in doing right by players because it will pay off down the road with players wanting to play for an organization and a general manager who treats them that way. We’ve had this discussion can we just let this die?

Maybe.

Every time you reply, however, you lengthen the discussion.

So there's that.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just LOL

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You need to calm down and stop getting unhinged. On virtually every pass in the footage provided..... JF is not only passing with anticipation. he's doing it while under pressure in some situations.

@1:37 anticipation @2:09 anticipation @3:05 "go route" anticipation @3:24 anticipation while being hit @3:47 processing while on the move, spots the open man at the last second TD!

@4:27 post route anticipation, @4:38 'quick square in' shows anticipation while being SMASHED

@6:30 'curl route' anticipation BAM! @7:00 'seam route' anticipation @8:10 'curl route' anticipation TD! @11:38 under pressure, anticipating the cross, BAM! hits him.
@12:35 'square' anticipation. @13:24 total anticipation with 'square in'

I'll stop here with my breakdown.
Not too many of those actually entailed much anticipation. Great throws and plays as it's a highlight reel but some of the things you call anticipation were exactly how the play was called with some stare downs and there's nothing wrong with that in context. They're last years best plays by a starting NFL QB. It should look pretty good, BAMm-Bamm.
1716813419978.png

He's a feast or famine type player so you get a lot of both. It's also what allows a jaundiced eye to look in either direction.
Fields had some games where you thought it finally clicked and then would appeared like he couldn't see the field on following week. He never really arrived after 3 years. He may still become a franchise QB but his turn here was over for a few reasons.

That said, you're acumen about what is a good play vs going through reads or having great anticipation is crap. You can have great plays and JF can be a highlight machine but consistently VG is how you win in the NFL.

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Insults tell us a poster can't respond with substance. How do you think Caleb Williams would have performed with the Bears last year? He sure had a disappointing losing performance with USC last year. .
What?

Worse OL and weapons relative to his competition and in 12 games, hit 69% of his passes at 300 YPG, 6-1 TD to INT ratio with a 170 rating and winning record. Do you have any clue what you're talking about?

He was disappointed he didn't make the championship game or win the Heisman a 2nd time. OH NO!!!

This is where you bring up the ND clunker while defending 1/2 of Fields' games for 'reasons'. If you watched CW in the 2nd 1/2 of that game, you'll see he adjusted and played well again instead of spiraling. Fields?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't address mysterious "unnamed coaches" (edit)

Anyway.....
This started here #257 ......you chimed in here, in post link #259 ( Please review it)
I gave an in-depth breakdown in post link #259 .

I kindly asked for u to give a counter footage breakdown ( see post #267 )....in hopes of us having a football discussion I. E. >>>>>( showing proper routes and pass pro).....that proves JF's "awful reads/hesitancy to throw/fumbles "
***And you, so far have refused.

Next......
You DID A>>>> "I'm sure you want to believe ......" PROJECTION. 📽️

I produced the proper linked article here.....
Bears reportedly turned down a bigger offer to do right by ...Justin Fields
This is what the article actually said: The Bears had an additional offer with stronger draft capital from a team with an established starter, per a source, but chose to send Fields to Pittsburgh with the hope of putting the 25-year-old in a position to continue his development -- first as a backup to Wilson and eventually as a starter.

It was a backup offer. My guess is that it was for an unconditional 4th and why they were able to get the conditional stipulation with the Steelers. It really does not appear like anyone offered a day 2 pick. 'Doing right by Fields' meant getting him a starting gig (which was not in the cards and would have received greater compensation) or put him in the best position to get back there in the future.

Next years 6th with the possibility of next year's 4th is clearly lower compensation than getting a 4th this year would have been. The market is what it was and there's no reason to believe a day 2 pick was on the table, especially in a backup roll.

Last edited:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I don't address mysterious "unnamed coaches" (edit)

Anyway.....
This started here #257 ......you chimed in here, in post link #259 ( Please review it)
I gave an in-depth breakdown in post link #259 .

I kindly asked for u to give a counter footage breakdown ( see post #267 )....in hopes of us having a football discussion I. E. >>>>>( showing proper routes and pass pro).....that proves JF's "awful reads/hesitancy to throw/fumbles "
***And you, so far have refused.

Next......
You DID A>>>> "I'm sure you want to believe ......" PROJECTION. 1f4fd.png

I produced the proper linked article here.....

This is what the article actually said: The Bears had an additional offer with stronger draft capital from a team with an established starter, per a source, but chose to send Fields to Pittsburgh with the hope of putting the 25-year-old in a position to continue his development -- first as a backup to Wilson and eventually as a starter.

It was a backup offer. My guess is that it was for an unconditional 4th and why they were able to get the conditional stipulation with the Steelers. It really does not appear like anyone offered a day 2 pick. 'Doing right by Fields' meant getting him a starting gig (which was not in the cards and would have received greater compensation) or put him in the best position to get back there in the future.

Next years 6th with the possibility of next year's 4th is clearly lower compensation than getting a 4th this year would have been. The market is what it was an there's no reason to believe a day 2 pick was on the table, especially in a backup roll.

The point is there are ppl out here pushing the narrative>>> 'nobody wanted JF' or 'Pittsburgh was the only team interested in JF and a 6th rounder was the best the Bears could do in the open market'

The article below says no. And obviously Poles is not gonna disclose the other offers. It's well known JF's camp wanted Pittsburgh and Poles acquiesced

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You need to calm down and stop getting unhinged. On virtually every pass in the footage provided..... JF is not only passing with anticipation. he's doing it while under pressure in some situations.

@1:37 anticipation @2:09 anticipation @3:05 "go route" anticipation @3:24 anticipation while being hit @3:47 processing while on the move, spots the open man at the last second TD!

@4:27 post route anticipation, @4:38 'quick square in' shows anticipation while being SMASHED

@6:30 'curl route' anticipation BAM! @7:00 'seam route' anticipation @8:10 'curl route' anticipation TD! @11:38 under pressure, anticipating the cross, BAM! hits him.
@12:35 'square' anticipation. @13:24 total anticipation with 'square in'

I'll stop here with my breakdown.

Not too many of those actually entailed much anticipation. Great throws and plays as it's a highlight reel but some of the things you call anticipation were exactly how the play was called with some stare downs and there's nothing wrong with that in context. They're last years best plays by a starting NFL QB. It should look pretty good, BAMm-Bamm.
View attachment 38702

He's a feast or famine type player so you get a lot of both. It's also what allows a jaundiced eye to look in either direction.
Fields had some games where you thought it finally clicked and then would appeared like he couldn't see the field on following week. He never really arrived after 3 years. He may still become a franchise QB but his turn here was over for a few reasons.

That said, you're acumen about what is a good play vs going through reads or having great anticipation is crap. You can have great plays and JF can be a highlight machine but consistently VG is how you win in the NFL.

Bearly

I'll present the same request / challenge to you that I presented to greg23.

Pull any footage you want of JF ( with a focus on non anticipation), Break it down by timestamp, route pass pro etc. And then I'll analyze it as well.

greg23

Liked Posts:
The point is there are ppl out here pushing the narrative>>> 'nobody wanted JF' or 'Pittsburgh was the only team interested in JF and a 6th rounder was the best the Bears could do in the open market'

The article below says no. And obviously Poles is not gonna disclose the other offers. It's well known JF's camp wanted Pittsburgh and Poles acquiesced

0 of 32 teams wanted him as their starter

Sounds like possibly 2 teams were willing to take him as a backup for a 4th ish thru 6th ish pick

The one team that did trade for him rejected his 5th year option; meaning he'll be a fa in 9 months

Not sure why this is hard to understand

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I didn't write the around
I think you're being too sensitive. Want is relative and a 4th doesn't represent wanting him as a starter and more a willingness to roll the dice. If someone actually projected him as a 2024 starter, at the minimum, we'd have had a 2024 day 2 pick. It's not like teams didn't know him either. He's thrown passes against 19 of the 32 teams.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Bearly

I'll present the same request / challenge to you that I presented to greg23.

Pull any footage you want of JF ( with a focus on non anticipation), Break it down by timestamp, route pass pro etc. And then I'll analyze it as well.
Why do you do this to yourself?

Last edited: