Former Bears Coach Says Fields was "Really hard to Watch"

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Poles made it a point to say he wanted to do right by Justin during his combine interview. Everything that’s happened since indicates he did just that. Fields wanted to play for Tomlin and now he gets the chance to do that. Not everything is a conspiracy
What happens when Justin Fields fails? Can't blame it on the coach can't blame it on the receivers who are they going to blame it on?

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
Poles made it a point to say he wanted to do right by Justin during his combine interview. Everything that’s happened since indicates he did just that. Fields wanted to play for Tomlin and now he gets the chance to do that. Not everything is a conspiracy

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy.

I'm saying if someone would have offered more for Fields than Pittsburgh did, Poles would have done that. He'd be a fool not to.

More than likely no one did.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
He's not wrong.

Maybe not but he's just as bad as still "protecting Justin Fields honor".
Obsession is not a healthy thing.

What happens when Justin Fields fails? Can't blame it on the coach can't blame it on the receivers who are they going to blame it on?

The hell if you can't.
That's where you are completely clueless. You can't have a player who is THE target of the defense on every play and give them no supporting cast for 3 years and then act like those 3 years never happened.
Maybe the QB can over come that but most likely not.

Orton was able to overcome the Bears to be better elsewhere (although he really wasn't played to get that beat up). McMahon overcame mentally but the beating he came out of college with had already destroyed who he could've been.

Your obsession is as meaningless as the obsession the other direction. You can't change the past. He's gone. Get over it.

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe not but he's just as bad as still "protecting Justin Fields honor".
Obsession is not a healthy thing.

The hell if you can't.
That's where you are completely clueless. You can't have a player who is THE target of the offense on every play and give them no supporting cast for 3 years and then act like those 3 years never happened.
Maybe the QB can over come that but most likely not.

Orton was able to overcome the Bears to be better elsewhere (although he really wasn't played to get that beat up). McMahon overcame mentally but the beating he came out of college with had already destroyed who he could've been.

Your obsession is as meaningless as the obsession the other direction. You can't change the past. He's gone. Get over it.
There's no obsession just a constant repeating of the facts. If the Bears thought Justin Fields was going to be great they would have kept him and drafted a WR and a new LT and had Keenan Allen and all of these fancy new toys and Justin Fields would be betting favorite in Chicago to win the MVP.

Instead he goes to Pittsburgh with the supporting cast and coach and shows yet again that he will be failing. Just wait.

Kudos to Ryan Poles for doing right by Justin Fields (allegedly) but Justin Fields didn't do a damn thing for the Chicago Bears to deserve any special treatment.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Dunne ( a clout chaser) pushed a bogus, toxicity, hit piece article about JF here seen in link #170 And quite a few u-tube sports channels do care and have accepted the hit piece as truth.
Anyway...everyone is free to believe what they want about Dunne. Have a good weekend

Bro you're still on here protecting Justin Fields honor?

DJ Moore said it best the difference between Caleb Williams and Justin Fields is Caleb Williams throws with anticipation.

That's just one of a myriad of things that he does better but just the one that can be reported on thus far.

Throwing with anticipation is EVERYTHING as evidenced by this throw to Travis Kelce. Kelce isn't even looking for the ball when it's thrown into the window that sets up the game tying field goal. Find me examples of Justin Fields doing this throwing with consistent anticipation.

Who cares about the culture, all that matters is when he failed to do on the field.
I'll look at your video later. For now....

"DJ Moore said it best the difference between Caleb Williams and Justin Fields is Caleb Williams throws with anticipation."
-
DanielCCSBears

As a sports journalist..... you should be looking for balance. What u stated above has nothing to do with how Moore felt about JF as a Qb. On countless occasions Moore has been in total support of JF. Moore had openly scolded getsy for not taking deep shots. Also Moore had his best season with JF at Qb,

Travis Kelce. .....really Daniel? Kelce, Mahomes etc are all under the tutelage of Andy Reid,
JF was under getsy. But I get it......you don't like JF
-------

Let me know if I need me to go through the timestamps that show anticipation under pressure in the vid below

Last edited:

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
I believe Biggs backed this up.
So, if Biggs is correct, Poles took the only offer he got.

All this happy talk of "doing right by Justin" was not really a factor. They took the only offer that existed.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Back in school. all my writing courses taught ....give attribution for anything said.

".......but Josh Lucas had said some of this previously."

I've seen ppl here in the forum and outside of the forum , who don't speak highly of Lucus as super reputable

What do you all think of Josh Lucas?

See link above

@Bearly

Keep in mind Lucas did such a good job with the Bears....that he was fired.

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'll look at your video later. For now....

"DJ Moore said it best the difference between Caleb Williams and Justin Fields is Caleb Williams throws with anticipation."
-
DanielCCSBears

As a sports journalist..... you should be looking for balance. Moore had openly scolded getsy for not taking deep shots. Also Moore had his best season with JF at Qb,

Travis Kelce. .....really Daniel? Kelce, Mahomes etc are all under the tutelage of Andy Reid,
JF was under getsy. But I get it......you don't like JF
-------

Let me know if I need me to go through the timestamps that show anticipation under pressure in the vid below

"What u stated above has nothing to do with how Moore felt about JF as a Qb. On countless occasions Moore has been in total support of JF."

You're trying to change the argument into something that is entirely pointless.

I don't care about how DJ Moore personally felt about Justin Fields. What DJ Moore said was the difference in their anticipation how the ball is right on you and how much of a difference that makes for success. Justin Fields didn't fail because he didn't get along with teammates he failed because he's a bad QB.

Caleb Williams is not under the tutelage of Andy Reid why is he better with anticipation throws than Justin Fields right now?

Why would DJ Moore hit on one of the exact things that Justin Fields is horrible at?

Here's CJ Stroud throwing with anticipation to a window in the coverage nailing the location so his WR can make the catch inbounds and then get out of bounds to stop the clock. If his accuracy is even slightly off this goes out of bounds.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So, if Biggs is correct, Poles took the only offer he got.

All this happy talk of "doing right by Justin" was not really a factor. They took the only offer that existed.

Bears reportedly turned down a bigger offer to do right by ...Justin Fields

Quote from the above article......

"This information about the Bears having multiple teams interested in Fields to reach out regarding a trade was even backed up by Bears' general manager Ryan Poles soon after the trade was officially announced."

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Fields’ best chance at starting wasn’t at one of the 10 teams that doesn’t have a starting quarterback?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
"What u stated above has nothing to do with how Moore felt about JF as a Qb. On countless occasions Moore has been in total support of JF."

You're trying to change the argument into something that is entirely pointless.

I don't care about how DJ Moore personally felt about Justin Fields. What DJ Moore said was the difference in their anticipation how the ball is right on you and how much of a difference that makes for success. Justin Fields didn't fail because he didn't get along with teammates he failed because he's a bad QB.

Caleb Williams is not under the tutelage of Andy Reid why is he better with anticipation throws than Justin Fields right now?

Why would DJ Moore hit on one of the exact things that Justin Fields is horrible at?

Here's CJ Stroud throwing with anticipation to a window in the coverage nailing the location so his WR can make the catch inbounds and then get out of bounds to stop the clock. If his accuracy is even slightly off this goes out of bounds.

I notice you avoided the footage below :rolleyes:

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like hearing all of this. It helps me to understand why he failed. It was so frustrating, as he'd have a great play/game, and then regress. There were a lot of variables, and it wasn't always his fault (especially the first year) but all of this coming out now does help me to understand why he struggled, and why he's gone. FWIW I love Caleb and think he's going to be VERY good. I wish Fields the best of luck, too.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I notice you avoided the footage below :rolleyes:

I don't give two shits about a highlight package.

Show me an example of him throwing with anticipation.

You need to calm down and stop getting unhinged. On virtually every pass in the footage provided..... JF is not only passing with anticipation. he's doing it while under pressure in some situations.

@1:37 anticipation @2:09 anticipation @3:05 "go route" anticipation @3:24 anticipation while being hit @3:47 processing while on the move, spots the open man at the last second TD!

@4:27 post route anticipation, @4:38 'quick square in' shows anticipation while being SMASHED

@6:30 'curl route' anticipation BAM! @7:00 'seam route' anticipation @8:10 'curl route' anticipation TD! @11:38 under pressure, anticipating the cross, BAM! hits him.
@12:35 'square' anticipation. @13:24 total anticipation with 'square in'

I'll stop here with my breakdown.

napo55

Liked Posts:
There's no obsession just a constant repeating of the facts. If the Bears thought Justin Fields was going to be great they would have kept him and drafted a WR and a new LT and had Keenan Allen and all of these fancy new toys and Justin Fields would be betting favorite in Chicago to win the MVP.

Instead he goes to Pittsburgh with the supporting cast and coach and shows yet again that he will be failing. Just wait.

Kudos to Ryan Poles for doing right by Justin Fields (allegedly) but Justin Fields didn't do a damn thing for the Chicago Bears to deserve any special treatment.
So did Ryan Poles do anything last year to add some decent skill players to support D J Moore and Justin Fields? Glad he has changed course 180 degrees this year. But Poles seems to skate free of any responsibility for the 10-24 record he has so far...

greg23

Liked Posts:
You need to calm down and stop getting unhinged. On virtually every pass in the footage provided..... JF is not only passing with anticipation. he's doing it while under pressure in some situations.

@1:37 anticipation @2:09 anticipation @3:05 "go route" anticipation @3:24 anticipation while being hit @3:47 processing while on the move, spots the open man at the last second TD!

@4:27 post route anticipation, @4:38 'quick square in' shows anticipation while being SMASHED

@6:30 'curl route' anticipation BAM! @7:00 'seam route' anticipation @8:10 'curl route' anticipation TD! @11:38 under pressure, anticipating the cross, BAM! hits him.
@12:35 'square' anticipation. @13:24 total anticipation with 'square in'

I'll stop here with my breakdown.
Please stop

Face it....the guy sucked.

He was available Jan 8th.....and.nobody was interested in him as a starter and from the sounds of it; one team was interested in him as a backup (which is what he is) and offered a worthless 6th round pick

You could put together a highlight packages that's 20x as long with his awful reads/hesitancy to throw/fumbles

greg23

Liked Posts:
So did Ryan Poles do anything last year to add some decent skill players to support D J Moore and Justin Fields? Glad he has changed course 180 degrees this year. But Poles seems to skate free of any responsibility for the 10-24 record he has so far...
31.gms should have jumped at acquiring him

10 gms who needed a qb should have double jumped at acquiring him

0 gms did either of the above

It should be crystal clear what the nfl thinks of him........but.....nuthuggers won't stop with the false narrative of "more weapons" get the "haul"