Free Agency news tracker

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Earl Thomas begged the Cowboys to trade for him (while he was playing for Seattle). He is now a free agent. And he hasn't signed with Dallas. WTF?

Yeah, and I heard that Dallas has cap space, and they haven't used it all yet. What is this world coming to?

Mitchapalooza

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)
Former Seahawks’ S Earl Thomas intends to sign a four-year, $55 million deal that includes $32 million fully guaranteed at signing with the Baltimore Ravens, league source tells ESPN. Deal includes $22 million in first nine months.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
NFL Update

@MySportsUpdate
1m1 minute ago
More
Breaking: Earl Thomas is signing with the #Ravens.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, and I heard that Dallas has cap space, and they haven't used it all yet. What is this world coming to?

Cap spending was frozen after Bell signed with the Jets. New league rule, apparently.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears would pay attention to comp picks the window will stay open longer. Comp picks are basically an extra round in the draft that the Bears haven’t participated in in 10 years now. It’s ridiculous and piss poor planning.

so we should get worse as a team now, after a 12-4 season when our QB is on a rookie deal so we can get better down the road?

Right now is when you get the talent you can. People over-value draft choices as opposed to current productive players that can help win when a window is open. I like draft choices, but if you have the opportunity to make your team better right after a 12-4 season when your QB is on the come in a rookie deal, you make the move.

That being said, if you have two guys you can sign and one will cause a loss of a comp pick and the other won't, you can err on the side of keeping a comp pick, if their value is close enough.

All in all, I'd rather get the best player we can right now.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Just not sure the Ravens are going to be very good but Thomas wanted the money.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Wow 30 year old safety getting that interesting

Looks like Amos was a bargain for the pack

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
What the Ravens are doing makes no sense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Im all for reading about FA. But as usual i have to sort through all of the arguing you do while trying to prove some stupid point that nobody cares about.
giphy.gif

Feel free to share this with those I am debating with as they can let it go anytime they chose. In fact, you should probably let it go as well or do you wish for us to continue this witty banter about people not being able to let it go thereby making you no different than me.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah you're right cause you've never been critical of anything Pace has done....lol. Seriously you're so out of reality it's not even worth replaying to your posts and yes i'm a big R.Pace fan and have been since day one. I have zero problem admitting i'm a fan of his but when it comes to you admitting anything.......

You seem confused. I have been very critical of stuff Pace has done. My criticisms of ARob simply aren't an example of it because I agreed with Pace's decision to sign ARob. So if ARob ends up being a bust, both Pace and I would have been wrong in hindsight. So not sure what you crying about.

Mitchapalooza

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)
Former Saints’ RB Mark Ingram intends to sign a three-year, $15 million deal with the Baltimore Ravens, per @diannaESPN and me.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Nope. The link did not provide the structure of the contract. It even speculates that the third year would have guaranteed money, but it didn't know the amount, so either the $33M guaranteed was too low, or there was non-guaranteed money included in the first two years of Bell's deal (duh). The article was completely clueless about years 4 and 5, other than to say those years weren't guaranteed.

Again, please provide link that shows the structure of the Steelers offer, or simply list the details in a post. Thanks in advance.

Please provide the link that supports your argument that the first year was not guaranteed. This is really odd. You have no proof for your claim but asking for proof I already provided. I said the article says the first 2 years are when all the guarantees are paid. I then say thus it is likely the first year base salary is part of the guarantee. The bolded word means that there is some uncertainty there but based on everything we know it is certainly more likely the first year salary is guaranteed than your suggestion that it is not.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You do realize free agency just STARTED...right? It's not over.

Bell isn't a great fit for this offense anyways and is one failed drug test from being suspended for an entire season. Bell is an upgrade over Howard in a vacuum but he's not a tremendous fit for what Nagy wants at the RB position. He'd be a *splash* signing...but one I'm fine not making.

Sure and my opinion can be revised as FA continues. Not sure your point. I commented on where we are right now.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ingram is a very good RB, just worry about his fumbling issues.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Well, I guess Dallas doesn't need to rush in with a big offer when the player has expressed such a desire to play for just that one team. Earl Thomas won't make a good agent when his playing days are through.

His injury didn't help matters, but should not be enough to make him unmarketable. His douchebaggery to the Seahawks last year should hurt him more than the injury.

He's still young enough to play, though.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I take it we aren’t going to sign Coleman either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
so we should get worse as a team now, after a 12-4 season when our QB is on a rookie deal so we can get better down the road?

Right now is when you get the talent you can. People over-value draft choices as opposed to current productive players that can help win when a window is open. I like draft choices, but if you have the opportunity to make your team better right after a 12-4 season when your QB is on the come in a rookie deal, you make the move.

That being said, if you have two guys you can sign and one will cause a loss of a comp pick and the other won't, you can err on the side of keeping a comp pick, if their value is close enough.

All in all, I'd rather get the best player we can right now.

Lol, isn't the issue that we are talking about Skrine, CP and Davis? It is one thing giving up comp picks for proven good players as opposed to giving it up for guys who jave largely been filler. Not saying that we will end up losing comp picks for those guys as they may be just bad enough that they don't factor into the comp calculation but don't think this comp talk would be an issue if we actually got more proven players. They may end up working out in the long run but as it stands right now, there are filler.