dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
that will happen in like wave 3 of free agency...the bargain basement shopping of free agency.

Yeah we kinda have to wait until prices start dropping but i see getting that 3rd edge guy as very important and not just a spot that we should go dumpster diving for. Floyd has the injury history so we need a guy good enough to be able to produce as a starter and not just a bench guy. That 3rd OLB spot is where i think we need to spend some decent money at and get a legit guy and maybe even 2 guys. So as of now we have.....

K.Mack
L.Floyd
I.Irving
K.Fitts

I think that's all we have right now under contract. I actually think I/Irving could end up being a pretty damn good speed rusher for us. Fitts didn't show me much at all in his limited playing time but for a late round rookie it's way too early to judge so i won't.

I wonder what E.Ansah is looking for in his next contract. He is injury prone but has produced when he's healthy. Probably too rich for us though and the guy i would love for us to get in J.Houston is probably also out of our price range. Do we go vet and add J.Houston, C.Mathews, C.Barwin or do we go young and add a S.Ray, S.Barrett, M.Golden, E.Harold?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You do realize free agency just STARTED...right? It's not over.

Bell isn't a great fit for this offense anyways and is one failed drug test from being suspended for an entire season. Bell is an upgrade over Howard in a vacuum but he's not a tremendous fit for what Nagy wants at the RB position. He'd be a *splash* signing...but one I'm fine not making.

He's talented enough to do well but really, he's better as a zone runner, what we're trying to move away from. Pitt runs a stretch zone scheme. We have a competent guy for that if we choose to go back to it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
People need to stop obsessing over comp picks. It is much more important to sign players that will help our team right now while we have a wide open window.

I don't think i've been obsessing over comp pick, some definitely are but i don't think i have been, but it sure as hell would be nice to have any extra picks next year being without our 1st and 3rd rounders.

Mitchapalooza

Adam Jahns
@adamjahns
Been getting questions about the #Bears and Justin Houston. They do want to add to their pass rush. Obviously, Nagy knows Houston from KC. We’ll see but depth at pass rusher is a need for them.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Justin Houston would be nice as a rotational piece plus he was cut so the comp pick obsessors will be happy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Justin Houston would be nice as a rotational piece plus he was cut so the comp pick obsessors will be happy.

He is going to get serious money, not sure he is a realistic option.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Yeah he's still just 30 yrs old and when healthy is still a beast so more then likely out of our price range.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think he is a possibility....he is an older short term signing that will cost up front....Bears have the money for that kind of signing.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lynch on another one year deal may be the best bet. I doubt the Bears can afford Houston.

Mitchapalooza

Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo)
I can now add to this the above will not happen. Earl Thomas will not be signing with the #Browns, source says. We wait to see where he will sign but it won’t be in Cleveland.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
What I’ve heard on ansah locally here is teams are in no rush for him cause he is recovering from shoulder surgery. Dude can play but he is the defense version of Kyle long when it comes to health

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What I’ve heard on ansah locally here is teams are in no rush for him cause he is recovering from shoulder surgery. Dude can play but he is the defense version of Kyle long when it comes to health

THat being noted, I HIGHLY doubt the Bears will be able to afford him.