Free Agency news tracker

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Ingram is a better RB than Howard but he's not going to make the offense more dynamic

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Up and coming team? Sure! But a ring chasers destination? Let's win a playoff game Lol...its been almost a decade:(

I'm sure the Eagles in 17 didn't consider themselves up & coming because they failed to win a playoff game for several years before that season. /endsarcasm

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Ingram is a better RB than Howard but he's not going to make the offense more dynamic

So a guy who you say is a better RB, and can also run routes and catch better than Howard, isn't going to be better for our offense???

What is your definition of more dynamic?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm sure the Eagles in 17 didn't consider themselves up & coming because they failed to win a playoff game for several years before that season. /endsarcasm

That avatar... makes me shudder every time I see it.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Last time the rams won a playoff game prior to this year was 2001.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Would rather just get Ingram's younger clone, Holyfield in the draft at 3.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
So a guy who you say is a better RB, and can also run routes and catch better than Howard, isn't going to be better for our offense???

What is your definition of more dynamic?

He's better but Ingram isn't elite, he's just good. He also struggles in pass blocking. Ingram isn't a home run threat, he just does most things marginally better than Howard.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Ingram would be a solid add

He's got a couple good years left imo, and not much wear on him last couple years splitting with Kamara and being suspended

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I seriously doubt Ingram is here to replace Howard. That is not making the team better.

If Howard is gone and the bring in a marginal vet, they will be drafting a young guy that will be here to compete for snaps.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Weird, he can play. At 5 million that is what slot CBs go for.

He's not really a slot guy. Played there early in his career though. But the guy can't get a turnover to save his life. And that was even when Glover Quinn was having a PB season at FS.

Hes solid, but not a playmaker at all. He also has been known to be too handsy and pick up PI calls...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Speaking of G.Quinn do you think he'd fit with E.Jackson or do you think both are more of FS then they are as SS? He had 7 INT's last year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Aaron Leming

@AaronLemingNFL
I've seen a lot of people saying that Mark Ingram isn't a fit for the #Bears offense. I 100% disagree. He's a good receiver, can block & has more wiggle than Howard getting to the second level. Also has low miles for being 29.

Keep in mind, Nagy wants a rotation, not a workhorse

5:19 PM - Mar 10, 2019

I don't mind M.Ingram but he has had plenty of fumbles in his career so i definitely don't want our top RB to have fumbling problems.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Speaking of G.Quinn do you think he'd fit with E.Jackson or do you think both are more of FS then they are as SS? He had 7 INT's last year.

Quinn is a former CB turned FS. And he's likely to retire, or he's really close to it. Not a fit...

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Aaron Leming

@AaronLemingNFL
I've seen a lot of people saying that Mark Ingram isn't a fit for the #Bears offense. I 100% disagree. He's a good receiver, can block & has more wiggle than Howard getting to the second level. Also has low miles for being 29.

Keep in mind, Nagy wants a rotation, not a workhorse

5:19 PM - Mar 10, 2019

I don't mind M.Ingram but he has had plenty of fumbles in his career so i definitely don't want our top RB to have fumbling problems.

He wouldn't be our top RB. We aren't likely to even have a top RB. More likely 3 man rotation.