Free Agency news tracker

TL1961

Liked Posts:
We should but we won't, let's destroy that F5 button

I can live with those refreshing their twitter feed.

It's the panicky little girls crying that "we haven't made any moves!" that baffle me. Good God, some peeps just want to whine.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Brad Biggs
@BradBiggs
Might not be a popular opinion but it's possible #Bears restructure with Khalil Mack was not intended for a splash move and was to create space needed for remainder of offseason moves and then the space necessary for the regular season.
2:07 PM - 12 Mar 2019

DBCOOPER

Liked Posts:
Obviously that's what PACE is doing. Kahlil Mack is going to be PISSED if his restructure doesn't get the Bears Bell...

He's a professional so he probably wouldn't care. Pace could've just told him it's going to make them more competitive.

Mitchapalooza

Ummmmmmmmmmmm???

pp,550x550.u2.jpg

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kevin Clark

Verified account

@bykevinclark
Follow Follow @bykevinclark
More
The Patriots have applied pretty basic economic principles to roster building for two decades and like 28 teams are completely baffled by it.

(only team to not sign a free agent yet)

Easy to do when you have Tom Brady. Let's see if they maintain these principles once Brady gone.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs
@BradBiggs
Might not be a popular opinion but it's possible #Bears restructure with Khalil Mack was not intended for a splash move and was to create space needed for remainder of offseason moves and then the space necessary for the regular season.

Not really. Bears don’t need it. They don’t need much for the draft (no 1st or 2nd), and they already let Amos walk.

I believe the Bears cleared room for a splash move, even if that splash move doesn’t come to fruition.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
What if the Bears cleared space for Justin Houston and/or Earl Thomas?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not really. Bears don’t need it. They don’t need much for the draft (no 1st or 2nd), and they already let Amos walk.

I believe the Bears cleared room for a splash move, even if that splash move doesn’t come to fruition.

Any update the Tyreek Hill situation?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs
@BradBiggs

Biggs is right on. Bears need "Oh shit he got injured" money.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:

Right? The bears started FA at around 20 mil. If you subtract 3 m for picks and udfas and 3 m for in season signings, that puts them at 14 m. They spent 7 m yesterday. Leaving them with 7 m for the rest of free agency. That's roughly 700k per player if they wanted to acquire 10 more guys (bringing their total to 12 acquisitions).

I don't know if they intended to make a splash move or multiple solid acquisitions, but I do know Biggs is off base.

More over, converting Mack's pay into a signing bonus hurts the Bears more next season when resigning players like whitehair would go into effect. So he's completely wrong on his analysis.