FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is little to no upside with this approach. If you're plan is to just stash him on the bench and let him walk next year, may as well try to trade him for anything at this point and sign a vet QB to help groom CW.

Keeping Fields will make things incredibly awkward in the locker room and also put unnecessary pressure on CW if he struggles early, since half the fanbase wants Fields.

He may get a comp pick if there is more interest due to a weaker QB class and not having to trade for him.

We dont know if it will be awkward or not. At the end of the day everyone in the NFL likely has Caleb as the No 1 pick and Fields as not worthy of 2nd so he has no cause to make it akward unless he is an idiot. The NFL has spoken. He is a clear backup at this point unless something changes.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Has there actually been a legit report from anyone that said the bears are shopping fields?

All I've heard is just hearsay from fat fucks who have a connection to halas hall(Craig, Butthole Biggs)

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’m saying it’s a good fit. The scheme is good for him. But they’re no one is worried about Fields being a “threat”. He would be a backup/competition.
yeah, a 25 year old former first round QB that plays a similar style as AR15 wouldnt be any threat what so ever to him....sure

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Repeat of Mitch hitting free agency. Even the pessimistic bears fans were higher on Fields than the NFL is.

Ain't that the truth. I've been out on Fields since the beginning of the season and even I thought we could get a 2nd for him. That's what the Jets got for Sam Darnold and what the Cardinals got for Josh Rosen.

The fact that we may not even get a 3rd for him is pretty surprising to me.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Has there actually been a legit report from anyone that said the bears are shopping fields?

All I've heard is just hearsay from fat fucks who have a connection to halas hall(Craig, Butthole Biggs)
Besides ctespn reporting Wilson to Steelers last week way before it happened all reports all free agency long have been doodoo and wrong

dennehy

Liked Posts:

Ben Albright just tweeted they've been shopping him for several weeks.

Who knows though.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
yeah, a 25 year old former first round QB that plays a similar style as AR15 wouldnt be any threat what so ever to him....sure

So are you saying the Colts wouldn’t trade for him because he’s too good or something?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ben Albright just tweeted they've been shopping him for several weeks.

Who knows though.

All I've heard is hearsay.

Just saying, if there is no market for him and he's gonna be a backup anyways just keep him.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Seattle makes the most sense at this point, and maybe they'd give up a 3rd rounder? Probably the best we could hope at this point.