I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
So are you saying the Colts wouldn’t trade for him because he’s too good or something?
i am saying that the colts will not be trading for him for the same reason the bears wont be keeping him on the roster with rookie CW

i mean, if fields is a backup then why cant he be the backup to CW here in Chicago?

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Id rather backup QB snaps go to the backup QB on the roster who is going to be here past 2024 to be honest.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
My read on that is that Cousins wants another 100% guaranteed contract. But being 36 and coming off an injury, I would be shocked to see any team give him that.
Cousins is one rich carpetbagger, what was it 100 MM guaranteed?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Id rather backup QB snaps go to the backup QB on the roster who is going to be here past 2024 to be honest.

So you want the snaps to go to no one? Or do you think noodle armed bagent is gonna be here in 2025 and forward? lol

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Seattle makes the most sense at this point, and maybe they'd give up a 3rd rounder? Probably the best we could hope at this point.
They'll be lucky to get Mac Jones level compensation at this point.

Maybe a 2025 pick after the draft lol.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is little to no upside with this approach. If you're plan is to just stash him on the bench and let him walk next year, may as well try to trade him for anything at this point and sign a vet QB to help groom CW.

Keeping Fields will make things incredibly awkward in the locker room and also put unnecessary pressure on CW if he struggles early, since half the fanbase wants Fields.
It also doesn't really help the whole "do right by Justin" line. Of course Poles has no obligation to do that, but keeping him on the team as basically a lame duck QB in the prime of his career isn't great.

NeverDieEasy

Righter of Wrongs
Liked Posts:
Ain't that the truth. I've been out on Fields since the beginning of the season and even I thought we could get a 2nd for him. That's what the Jets got for Sam Darnold and what the Cardinals got for Josh Rosen.

The fact that we may not even get a 3rd for him is pretty surprising to me.

Maybe he was never up for trade unless some dumbass GM offer stupid returns.

Doesn't really matter what know nothing Talking Heads or Caleb Crazies think.dumbass-stupid.gif

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
But justin’s peers named him a top 100 player

None of these gms have obviously listened to the players talk around the league on him

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
i am saying that the colts will not be trading for him for the same reason the bears wont be keeping him on the roster with rookie CW

i mean, if fields is a backup then why cant he be the backup to CW here in Chicago?

Which is?