FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

Quik_7_Devin

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pats could be a Fields suitor if they prefer MHJ > QB3, but to prevent a possible WAS/AZ swap a trade like that would have to be on draft day at the earliest.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is not healthy. If you can’t see it then I don’t know what to say.
I didn't say we would view it as healthy. I said the Bears are doing what they think is healthy...

If they truly want to draft Williams I don't have an issue with them retaining Fields, just in case there is some medical thing or other issue going on with Williams. The QB position is too important.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
i just got done saying the colts will NOT be trading for fields...so not sure why you are posting this @ me as if i disagree

I posted based on the post I responded to. I didn't see your later post yet as I am reading and responding to posts in order.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Or maybe they just never planned on trading fields and all the rumors were BS.'

I'm guessing its not that, but none of us know shit. No one has ever really came out and said the bears are knowingly shopping fields to teams.

If they truly were never intending on trading Fields, then why not come out right away and say that? Give Fields that confidence right away.

Admitting you're sticking with Fields doesn't hurt their leverage for trading the 1st pick since there are likely multiple teams that will fight to death over it.

The fact that Poles and co haven't committed to Fields and because there's been so much chatter about which teams are interested, etc., it just makes sense that the Bears have been speaking with teams about a deal.

I just think it's likely that the Bears were surprised to find out that the NFL doesn't value Fields like they thought, and their plans to trade him started to unravel quickly.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't say we would view it as healthy. I said the Bears are doing what they think is healthy...

If they truly want to draft Williams I don't have an issue with them retaining Fields, just in case there is some medical thing or other issue going on with Williams. The QB position is too important.
Drama queens say that's impossible

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they truly were never intending on trading Fields, then why not come out right away and say that? Give Fields that confidence right away.

Admitting you're sticking with Fields doesn't hurt their leverage for trading the 1st pick since there are likely multiple teams that will fight to death over it.

The fact that Poles and co haven't committed to Fields and because there's been so much chatter about which teams are interested, etc., it just makes sense that the Bears have been speaking with teams about a deal.

I just think it's likely that the Bears were surprised to find out that the NFL doesn't value Fields like they thought, and their plans to trade him started to unravel quickly.
I dont doubt any of that. I'm sure they've listened. I just have no idea what they want/wanted.
We will know soon enough

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He won't get a comp pick for a one year prove it deal which is exactly what it looks like he will get if he becomes a FA.

And we've already seen the locker room openly back Fields. Why even risk making the locker room messy?

For fuck's sake @remydat, did you becomes a Bears fan yesterday and not consider how fast the fans and team turn to the back up QB in Chicago?
Who knows. Caleb could get hurt and he plays well in a few games next year. All I know is no point trading him for peanuts.

I don't make decisions based on what stupid people do. You will find most successful people in life don't. So don't care what fans think about this.

It is better for the Bears as a franchise to have a good backup QB. If that is Fields then so be it. Fans can eat a bag of baby dicks.