Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because we have no idea what their plan is.

If they want to keep fields they likely let him know, but they have no advantage letting the rest of the NFL know.

We don't even know the bears have caleb as their top QB in the draft. These are all assumptions made by talking heads
True but letting teams fill their QB needs can lower the value of the 1st pick. There's a reason Poles traded it by now last year. I suppose that a rookie contract is small enough that a team could still anti up and pull a Glennon on their newly acquired 'starter'.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
surprised there arent field supporters claiming its collusion or teams just dont know how good he is etc...
Collusion? This is/was the plan all along to not get a good offer for JF so they can keep him to build out the team.
No one will say they should have just given him away.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK but fields saying he was staying off social media suggests he knew things were going to get heated in the media? What that means in terms of the decision the Bears makes I don't know. Maybe they really haven't made up their minds yet. Williams hasn't visited yet.
It's a huge decision. I would hope Poles wouldn't make up his mind without a visit

msadows

Liked Posts:
Up until today I really thought you could keep him for a backup or something but the longer this goes on the more I realize what an absolute disaster it would be. First bad play a rookie had and you would have half the stadium yelling “we want Justin”.

You act like that wont happen no matter who the backup is. This is chicago, we shit on the young QB every time.

cubsforlife

Liked Posts:
LOL I played DT in college. Thanks for the lesson, though!

DT pressure also doesn't collapse the outside, it collapses the inside, so the QB isn't able to step up. Just for the next time you attempt to explain something like this.
Shut up if you didn't play in the pros. Different game guy....

Lol, just kidding. Interior pressure doesn't collapse the outside like he said. But to his point, interior pressure can wreak havoc without the stats to necessarily show that. It leads to a lot of unscripted adjustments from the offense during any given play. Which is important like you said with stepping up, throwing comfortably, and such.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Does anyone except the Bears front office and league GMs really know that nobody wanted Fields?

I do not think we know if Poles was even willing to trade him and if so we have no idea what Poles was asking for.
Maybe he was demanding a first round pick? Does anyone really think any of the media knows for certain?

msadows

Liked Posts:
True but letting teams fill their QB needs can lower the value of the 1st pick. There's a reason Poles traded it by now last year. I suppose that a rookie contract is small enough that a team could still anti up and pull a Glennon on their newly acquired 'starter'.

None of the teams who were considering/rumored to take a QB in the first round have done anything FA wise.

Wash, NE, Denver, Vegas, Seattle

msadows

Liked Posts:
Does anyone except the Bears front office and league GMs really know that nobody wanted Fields?

I do not think we know if Poles was even willing to trade him and if so we have no idea what Poles was asking for?
Maybe he was demanding a first round pick? Does anyone really think any of the media knows for certain?

No one knows if the bears are shopping #1 or Fields because the bears were never calling teams about either....They were letting the calls come to them.

Which is why this is all hearsay based on assumptions people expect to happen. It was always that, but people believed that poles was leaking info to brad biggs while brad was struggling to eat his 10th big mac of the day.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Maybe gather ALL info first before jumping into a convo?

I respond as I read. I am not going to read a hundred posts and then go back and try and find the ones I want to respond to. That would be inefficient. If it bothers you that much then try and articulate your point the first time around as it isn't my fault you didn't fully flesh out your argument until subsequent posts.

clenbuterol_clint

Formerly ClintK55
Liked Posts:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Craig is the first one to say "not to listen to the media" but now he's all about what Rappaport says

To be fair, if rap/schefter says it, then I believe it.

Those other guys are morons and worthless. Rap/Schefter have connection to all the top agents.