Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is how I feel too at this point. If they truly wanted to "do right by fields" and wanted him gone they'd have traded him at the combine for anything.

No reason for him to be on the roster while teams are signing their FA starters/backups.

That doesnt mean you cant still draft a QB at #1 or #9.
It's a catch 22. If a team wanted him as a starter more than an available FA, Poles would have got at least a 3 for him and honestly, a 2 for a projected starter on that contract is cheap. Perhaps Poles couldn't do right for him. The 2 teams that seemed to show the most interest were both able to sign established front line starters.

Last edited:

Rise

Liked Posts:
Kevin Warren power play could be the reason. I mean he wanted his rental dome on the lake why not believe him when he says he wants to keep Fields and trade the pick? He is a complete moron and it would fit right in with doing the opposite of the obvious that has haunted this franchise for 35+ years.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anyone except the Bears front office and league GMs really know that nobody wanted Fields?

I do not think we know if Poles was even willing to trade him and if so we have no idea what Poles was asking for.
Maybe he was demanding a first round pick? Does anyone really think any of the media knows for certain?
There are a few here that know everything

Antobears

Liked Posts:
Kevin Warren power play could be the reason. I mean he wanted his rental dome on the lake why not believe him when he says he wants to keep Fields and trade the pick? He is a complete moron and it would fit right in with doing the opposite of the obvious that has haunted this franchise for 35+ years.
So are you saying the glass is half full or half empty 🤔 j/k
Poles deserves some credit imo.

RPMcMurphy47

Liked Posts:
Lol no way. There's just no way this could happen. We'd be the laughing stock of the NFL for years. Mahomes? Pass. Stroud? Pass. Caleb Williams? Please not again, say it ain't so.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There are a few here that know everything

so what exactly did Poles mean by living in the gray? and doing right by Justin?

Not a media person but the actual GM. If you think the Bears didn't have discussions on Fields, I have a bridge to sell you. They clearly set a price too high and teams balked. Now he looks like a moron

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Nah. We just want to move on. I’m exhausted
To be clear, I only mean the folks who choose to paint themselves into a corner when know one really knows a damn thing until a decision is made.
Even the folks making the decisions were still going through the motions, or at least they were... more so up until today.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
so what exactly did Poles mean by living in the gray? and doing right by Justin?

Not a media person but the actual GM. If you think the Bears didn't have discussions on Fields, I have a bridge to sell you. They clearly set a price too high and teams balked. Now he looks like a moron
Not really. If you only get a 3, you ay get that next year for simply losing him to FA. Losing a 3 is not that big a deal anyway.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Edge market is thinning out reeeally fast, if Bears strike out on Hunter idk what plan B is at this point - Uche or something?

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems to me that CW not doing the medicals slowed down this process. If we had that and we were sure about CW then we would at least be hearing that Bears are shopping jf1. It is prudent for Poles to hold onto JF1 until after they have all information especially if they are not as enamored with the 2nd and 3rd options at qb. This way even if trade comp is lowered at least they have a qb they want for next year.

They could also hold him through
Beginning of season. Chances are at least one team will need a qb and be willing to pay more to rent him.