FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

msadows

Liked Posts:
If they truly were never intending on trading Fields, then why not come out right away and say that? Give Fields that confidence right away.

Admitting you're sticking with Fields doesn't hurt their leverage for trading the 1st pick since there are likely multiple teams that will fight to death over it.

The fact that Poles and co haven't committed to Fields and because there's been so much chatter about which teams are interested, etc., it just makes sense that the Bears have been speaking with teams about a deal.

I just think it's likely that the Bears were surprised to find out that the NFL doesn't value Fields like they thought, and their plans to trade him started to unravel quickly.

Because we have no idea what their plan is.

If they want to keep fields they likely let him know, but they have no advantage letting the rest of the NFL know.

We don't even know the bears have caleb as their top QB in the draft. These are all assumptions made by talking heads

msadows

Liked Posts:
So some people now want to just trade away fields for anything y ou can get lol?

At that point just keep him as a backup. I'm not worried about a controversy since he'd be a backup wherever he went anyways.

Brownie

Liked Posts:
Has there actually been a legit report from anyone that said the bears are shopping fields?

All I've heard is just hearsay from fat fucks who have a connection to halas hall(Craig, Butthole Biggs)
Exactly!

Antobears

Liked Posts:
If they truly were never intending on trading Fields, then why not come out right away and say that? Give Fields that confidence right away.

Admitting you're sticking with Fields doesn't hurt their leverage for trading the 1st pick since there are likely multiple teams that will fight to death over it.

The fact that Poles and co haven't committed to Fields and because there's been so much chatter about which teams are interested, etc., it just makes sense that the Bears have been speaking with teams about a deal.

I just think it's likely that the Bears were surprised to find out that the NFL doesn't value Fields like they thought, and their plans to trade him started to unravel quickly.
OK but fields saying he was staying off social media suggests he knew things were going to get heated in the media? What that means in terms of the decision the Bears makes I don't know. Maybe they really haven't made up their minds yet. Williams hasn't visited yet.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Because half the fan base here is convinced he is H1M. This is a fucking disaster

At least with the Colts he could come in and compete on an even playing surface. Here the noise is insane. I can’t even imagine camp at this point. Probably have fights in the stands. 😂
I was told none of what the fans want matters

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I posted based on the post I responded to. I didn't see your later post yet as I am reading and responding to posts in order.
Maybe gather ALL info first before jumping into a convo?

msadows

Liked Posts:
My feeling is Poles never wanted to trade Fields. He’d be gone if they got offered anything.

This is how I feel too at this point. If they truly wanted to "do right by fields" and wanted him gone they'd have traded him at the combine for anything.

No reason for him to be on the roster while teams are signing their FA starters/backups.

That doesnt mean you cant still draft a QB at #1 or #9.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So some people now want to just trade away fields for anything y ou can get lol?

At that point just keep him as a backup. I'm not worried about a controversy since he'd be a backup wherever he went anyways.

Up until today I really thought you could keep him for a backup or something but the longer this goes on the more I realize what an absolute disaster it would be. First bad play a rookie had and you would have half the stadium yelling “we want Justin”.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Up until today I really thought you could keep him for a backup or something but the longer this goes on the more I realize what an absolute disaster it would be. First bad play a rookie had and you would have half the stadium yelling “we want Justin”.
or you could just start Justin and wait until everyone is calling for the rookie because its going to happen