FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think Wilkins is as good as the money he's gonna command.
This is probably pretty accurate... Unfortunately, that seems to be how it goes with free agency. The top dogs will probably always get a bit more than they will perform to.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
That is correct, but it is still something worth noting for a RB. The bench tests his stiff-arm muscles.
hes going to need those stiff arm muscles since he wont be out runnning anyone ;)

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
poles is to cheap to add wilkins...either a reunion with jones or someone else like hurst is more likely the option.
I mean Sweat got a bag o cash. 🤷‍♂️

We shall see. No clue what they do

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
With our luck, he becomes a stud. To be honest, he's never had a real opportunity to show the world what he has.
He got beat out by 2022 Mr. Irrelevant. If he couldn’t succeed in Shannahans QB friendly system I don’t think he has a chance of becoming a stud

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Wilkins is a good player, not worth what he will be paid, as he doesn't win fast in pass rush and is a bit limited there. But he would still be impactful and a significant upgrade, and is a really good run defender.

gallagher

Ave Atque Vale
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
hes going to need those stiff arm muscles since he wont be out running anyone ;)
I am perfectly fine with that. GB can't handle a bruiser for 60 minutes. They are soft and cry when contact happens up to the whistle.

No more QB sneaks, only RB dives.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I'm actually coming around on the idea of signing Saquon Barkley in FA. If he's not > $10M/ year, I like the addition of a complete back to go with a rookie QB.

Imagine drafting a WR in the 1st round as well, that'd be a completely revamped set of skill positions.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He got beat out by 2022 Mr. Irrelevant. If he couldn’t succeed in Shannahans QB friendly system I don’t think he has a chance of becoming a stud
Well, Purdy is actually at least decent. I know people like to downplay his accomplishments cause he's on a good team, in a good system, but he's actually a good QB. So Irrelevant or not, he probably goes significantly higher in a redraft (assume first QB off the board) and he's probably considered a top 15 or so QB now. He's probably universally ranked higher than Fields and we took him in the 1st. So the whole bit about where he was drafted is pretty unimportant now. For Lance, I don't know, but he's not gotten much field time. Is he just that horrible? Is he not learning the plays enough? I dunno. I've never seen a top 3 pick given up on like him before. It's pretty odd. All I'm saying is there was potential in him and the world hasn't gotten much NFL field time to confirm anything. Shanahan was probably right to sit him, but that was the decision at one point in time and we don't know where he is in his development (or lack thereof) today.

Last edited:

ChiGuy23

Liked Posts:
I am fine with that except that Caleb will beat out Wilson in training camp. They aren’t drafting CW #1 and having him sit one let alone two years. Maybe, maybe, RW or other vet starts a few games. Maybe you sign him to mentor and in case of injury. But if CW isn’t ready the first year they probably screwed up. Further how much is Wilson going to cost to be, at best, a place holder? I am not dismissing this completely, it isn’t a terrible idea, but money will probably be better spent elsewhere. If CW is truly “generational” does he need his hand held for a year or two?
Eh … not so sure about that. Even Rodgers and Mahomes sat a year before starting full time. Let’s not rush what may be needed to help a rookie qb reach their max potential.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I'm actually coming around on the idea of signing Saquon Barkley in FA. If he's not > $10M/ year, I like the addition of a complete back to go with a rookie QB.

Imagine drafting a WR in the 1st round as well, that'd be a completely revamped set of skill positions.
I think adding Pollard to the mix for around $6, $8 max, would be a savvy move.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies

Exactly. We need to invest into having a dynamic offense for a change.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
You have to take the arm length into account.

28 7/8" vs 34 1/4"

That's a huge difference when it comes to the bench that people don't realize. Longer arms require a greater range of motion and further distance traveled. Like damn near a foot each rep!
The point wasn't that Alt was weak, but that Corum was really strong. Easily misread because of how it's written