1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
No interest in Barkley, perhaps Henry on a cheap contract

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didnt the report say they are discussing trading into the top 3? That would be NE swapping, which would mean daniels.

You could just get pro bowl RB Swift who the lions got rid of who's basically gibbs.
yeah I know your Lions pooched the draft schtick, while ignoring the fact that it launched them to the NFC Championship game, as for Swift, he could never stay healthy in Detroit, Im happy for the fact he stayed healthy in Philly, and had a career year, please proceed forward and remind us of your Laportapotty evaluations, please give us your top 100 players in this upcoming draft, so somebody can Email it to Poles for his do not draft board

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I normally am dead set against paying big money to rbs. I think this year if you can snag one of the top guys especially with just a 3 year deal it might be right way to go. The rbs on this roster stink. Going to most likely have a rookie qb. I’m all in on stacking the offense.
Exactly. By the time the Bears ample cap space even becomes half an issue, that contract will be on the way out.

Now is the time to stack up on high-upside/short-term 2-3 year guys who have already shown they can play at a high level. Let their contracts expire in 2-3 years as your QB matures and you continue to build the whole team.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’d like to see a few of these big names free agents signed when it opens up. Obviously we won’t sign every big name but I like Barkley as an upgrade from Herbert. Yes Barkley has injury problems …but so does Herbert.

Also, I really am intrigued with Jamal Adams. I feel like he could be a fun player to watch in Eddie Jackson’s old position.

Finally, some D-Line help. Wilkins or Hunter.

1: they don’t play the same position
2: he’s a dick and I never want that guy on the Bears

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last edited:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
We do need some playmakers somehow and Barkley does fit that bill but I think Pollard might be nearly as good for less money.

Id love to see a Henry+ Pollard backfield but I know it's just a pipe dream
2 broken down guys quickly approaching a downward spiral on their career? No thanks.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He also can’t cover and just flat out sucks. He’s basically an in-the-box safety or small LB’er.
Exactly. That’s why I said they don’t play the same position. Completely different types of safety. (Except both are bad now)

dennehy

Liked Posts:
2 broken down guys quickly approaching a downward spiral on their career? No thanks.
Right, these dudes are showing signs of breaking down. RBs tend to go fast once it starts. Pollard clearly looked less explosive last year and struggled to handle a starter's workload, although props to him for playing just about every game through his career.

But he's at best a 1B guy right now and probably only for one more year.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
You have to take the arm length into account.

28 7/8" vs 34 1/4"

That's a huge difference when it comes to the bench that people don't realize. Longer arms require a greater range of motion and further distance traveled. Like damn near a foot each rep!
That is correct, but it is still something worth noting for a RB. The bench tests his stiff-arm muscles.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Bears need someon who is more fit to play higher coverage. They started playing alot more cover 1 last year when Eberflus began asking the players what they wanted to do, and they should play more man. Their CBs are good at it. Brisker is more a box and rover type, get someone who can play the single high. I think Alohi Gilman showed he can do that last year, and he shouldn't be too expensive. But there are several options there.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Exactly. That’s why I said they don’t play the same position. Completely different types of safety. (Except both are bad now)
I wouldn't want him on my team is he did play FS, was one of the best out there and we could get him on a good contract. He's a cancer and a complete dick.

msadows

Liked Posts:
You have to take the arm length into account.

28 7/8" vs 34 1/4"

That's a huge difference when it comes to the bench that people don't realize. Longer arms require a greater range of motion and further distance traveled. Like damn near a foot each rep!

Draft Corum, start him at Center!

msadows

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't want him on my team is he did play FS, was one of the best out there and we could get him on a good contract. He's a cancer and a complete dick.

He's also kinda butt. 111.7 Passer rating against, 15% missed tackle rate last year.

If you cant cover you should be able to tackle. Not sure what he does well at this point.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
He's also kinda butt. 111.7 Passer rating against, 15% missed tackle rate last year.

If you cant cover you should be able to tackle. Not sure what he does well at this point.
Honestly, I didnt see a lot of his games recently, but I recall his reputation for being a big hitter with good measurables. Like Brisker, a box safety that can be more.

Well, we already have Brisker. Attitude and performance aside, Adams isnt going around looking for backup roles.