FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Will be interesting to see what his value/interest is. He had that MONSTER contract in DEN. I'd guess that he's still cost a lot but will be for a short deal, like 2 years. Maybe $30-35M per year?

Fields could still be much cheaper.
Denver is eating most of the cap hit and will have 2 years of big dead money, Russ will make $37 MM regardless
and can sign for any number he wants next year, if he wants, could be a low amount to rebuild his name.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Can you imagine if he resigned with Seattle for veteran minimum?

I know it isnt in the region of likely scenarios, but the absolute theft of the Broncos would go from hilarious to hysterical.
That would be funny.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Agreed. Not saying Jacobs is bad by any means. Like you said, would not spend big on him when the RB by committee we currently have could put up similar numbers.

The Bears would be best to grab another RB in the draft. The FA RBs interest me but not worth the money they will demand
Jacobs is Monty, not impressed, no breakaway speed.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Looks like the safety market is flush with talent too, while the draft is loaded with quality WRs and OLs. This is our offseason.
Interesting how a rebuilding team didn't keep T. Gibson yet he went to 49er's and started every game for
the last 2 years and maybe 1 of those he was pro bowl.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I think going out and grabbing Danielle Hunter would be a really smart move. Dude is a terror and the increased pressure we'll be able to apply will make the secondary look great no matter who's back there. Then sign Geno Stone or Jordan Whitehead as solid starters, then let Brisker, Gordon and Tyrique continue to develop into your playmakers alongside Jaylon.
Hunter definitely shows up and Stone is young and not yet super expensive, I like it!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Bills are cutting Jordan Poyer.