FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's plenty more than that in actuality though. Trading Fields is $3m, they can still cut Homer for almost $2m, and for each signee and draftee from here on out someone else comes off the cap ($900k per).
It’s 9th in the league. Do with that as you will

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Depends on the price. We don't need to be spending big money on a safety. We've already got plenty of playmakers on rookie deals in the secondary, now Jaylon Johnson making $19 mil as well.
Yeah would rather save that money for trenches personally

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Yeah would rather save that money for trenches personally
I think going out and grabbing Danielle Hunter would be a really smart move. Dude is a terror and the increased pressure we'll be able to apply will make the secondary look great no matter who's back there. Then sign Geno Stone or Jordan Whitehead as solid starters, then let Brisker, Gordon and Tyrique continue to develop into your playmakers alongside Jaylon.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think going out and grabbing Danielle Hunter would be a really smart move. Dude is a terror and the increased pressure we'll be able to apply will make the secondary look great no matter who's back there. Then sign Geno Stone or Jordan Whitehead as solid starters, then let Brisker, Gordon and Tyrique continue to develop into your playmakers alongside Jaylon.

Great player. Would help the Bears immediately. I’ve just always had a hard time believing they spend that much money on a guy almost 30. I personally think they’ll target one of the cheaper and younger options available

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Great player. Would help the Bears immediately. I’ve just always had a hard time believing they spend that much money on a guy almost 30. I personally think they’ll target one of the cheaper and younger options available
Possibly. I wouldn't complain about Bryce Huff. But this team is poised to make a run in the chips fall nicely. If Williams comes in and plays anything like C.J. Stroud did, the Bears could make a lot of noise in a hurry, at which point I think you wouldn't regret having a physical specimen like Hunter at 30 years old who can still play at a very high level for another 3 years while Williams is still on a rookie deal.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Possibly. I wouldn't complain about Bryce Huff. But this team is poised to make a run in the chips fall nicely. If Williams comes in and plays anything like C.J. Stroud did, the Bears could make a lot of noise in a hurry, at which point I think you wouldn't regret having a physical specimen like Hunter at 30 years old who can still play at a very high level for another 3 years while Williams is still on a rookie deal.

Greenard or Armstrong are my predictions. Danna too

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Bears could go younger like Greenard or Huff, but Hunter is so good Bears might not care he turns 30 during the year.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Because you need an all in one back that not give away a play whether it’s a pass or run.

Jacob’s led the league in rushing. He is better than what we have and is a good blocker and pass catcher.
I do agree the Bears could use an all in one back, but the roster is not at that point where it’s needed right now. You can get by with 2-3 backs who produce just as much as 1 back. And for a lot cheaper.

Yes Jacobs did have one season where he led the league in rushing. What about the other 4 years he was in the league? The Bears have been one of the best rushing teams the past several years. Even without including Fields stats.

Jacobs does nothing special that makes me want to give him a bigger contract. He is not a game changer.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Also remember that JJ's 19.8 or whatever it is, is the tag number, if he does sign a contract that number may come down quite a bit with the signing bonus spread across the contract

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also remember that JJ's 19.8 or whatever it is, is the tag number, if he does sign a contract that number may come down quite a bit with the signing bonus spread across the contract
Also remember that if the Bears take CW at #1, that is a 40 mil 4 year contract, with a 26.5 signing bonus.
The number 9 pick will be about half of that.
So that is about 12-16 mil

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Also remember that if the Bears take CW at #1, that is a 40 mil 4 year contract, with a 26.5 signing bonus.
The number 9 pick will be about half of that.
So that is about 12-16 mil

That’s included in effective cap space

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
The compensation for the non-exclusive is so over the top, it really amounts to a regular tag imo.
I don’t think so. You give up basically 1 1st round pick. The other is like you are drafting him this year, it’s just he’s not a rookie and he’s a bad ass player. So your draft pick turns out good without you even risking it.

Last edited:

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
No need to spend money on running back. Build the dline/oline that’s where the money should go.

Safety, WR, RB are needs but try to get good deals after day 2z
Line, line, and then some more line!!! I concur.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IMO he becomes a issue if you sit him. Maybe not a big issue or maybe it is a big issue but in some way i think it becomes an issue. Maybe this is where his dad starts talking or we start seeing tweets from his camp. This kid Has serious confidence in himself and seems like a big ego. I say we start him from the start.
I think he'd make certain to beat out the vet in camp.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I don’t think so. You give up basically 1 1st round pick. The other is like you are drafting him this year, it’s just he’s not a rookie and he’s a bad ass player. So your draft pick turns out good without you even risking it.
It’s this type of thinking that gets you a Ryan Pace type team with some nice stars but no depth. Two finite resources to build your team that’s cap space and draft picks. When you double dip for one player it really needs to be worth it.