FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Rookie QB with a run game and a defense….. makes sense to me. 🤷‍♂️
I do agree but I just don’t get how signing Jacobs would make sense. If the rumors are true, it honestly baffles me why the Bears would be interested. Especially when the 2-3 backs they typically rotate can produce the same numbers and a much cheaper rate.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I do agree but I just don’t get how signing Jacobs would make sense. If the rumors are true, it honestly baffles me why the Bears would be interested. Especially when the 2-3 backs they typically rotate can produce the same numbers and a much cheaper rate.
If we sign a RB in free agency he needs to be a true all-purpose RB.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’m not going to claim to have watched a bunch of Jacobs to know his game well. But his receiving numbers look better. Herbert is a liability in the passing game IMO. Both catching and blocking. I do like Roschon but he had that concussion so there may be something there too.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Rookie QB with a run game and a defense….. makes sense to me. 🤷‍♂️
This. Regardless who our QB is going to be, a running back is their best friend. Barkley in the same formation as DJ Moore causes stress on a D. Now, add in MHJ, Bowers, or whoever is drafted and whatever FA WR is brought in, and you’re starting to get a big boy O that can make the playoffs. Poles is trying to win games.

I like the idea of a top RB, particularly Saquon Barkley. I’m pretty meh about Jacobs.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I’m not going to claim to have watched a bunch of Jacobs to know his game well. But his receiving numbers look better. Herbert is a liability in the passing game IMO. Both catching and blocking. I do like Roschon but he had that concussion so there may be something there too.
He dominated in 2022. He truly looked like one of the best if not the best back in football. His game at Seattle was as good as a running back can play, period. Waldron had a front row seat.

Last year he held out and never really got on track. Something wasn’t clicking. Maybe it signaled his decline. If they sign him and he’s anything like the 2022 version, it will be well worth it.

If he plays like last season, that would be less than ideal.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He dominated in 2022. He truly looked like one of the best if not the best back in football. His game at Seattle was as good as a running back can play, period. Waldron had a front row seat.

Last year he held out and never really got on track. Something wasn’t clicking. Maybe it signaled his decline. If they sign him and he’s anything like the 2022 version, it will be well worth it.

If he plays like last season, that would be less than ideal.
Jacobs is as only as good as the line in front of him. Nothing more nothing less.

oping00@gmail.com

Liked Posts:
If you look at Jacobs stats he has been very consistent, he once lead the league in rushing and a year younger than barkley.
Not so say he's my choice, but at a good price he would be worth looking into.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jacobs had a 4.6 40 at the combine and improved to 4.54 at his pro day. Doesn't sound fast but he gets to that speed quick. He has had multiple long tds or runs so he has that ability. Here it says he hit 20 plus mph on a run. Not sure he is as dynamic as Barkley, getting either all depends on their price as the Bears shouldn't overpay at RB

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I rather go after Henry over Jacobs or Quan as he will likely be cheaper and he was the 7th fastest ball carrier last season so still has that top end speed. He also has 4 seasons including this past year where his pass blocking graded out 76.5 or higher.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Jacobs had a 4.6 40 at the combine and improved to 4.54 at his pro day. Doesn't sound fast but he gets to that speed quick. He has had multiple long tds or runs so he has that ability. Here it says he hit 20 plus mph on a run. Not sure he is as dynamic as Barkley, getting either all depends on their price as the Bears shouldn't overpay at RB

Here’s the run.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That’s an oversimplification.

He had over 2,000 yards in total offense in 2022. He carried the team in some games.

Average guys don’t break the 2k barrier.
And then when their line declined considerably, his play declined considerably. Odd huh?