FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It’s a good point but his other lesser seasons also happened when their line wasn’t good. I’d rather see Poles spend a 5th rounder on a RB…. Oops
I just hope poles shells out for someone. Bears have tons of cap space and they could sign someone to a 3 year deal without making a mess long term. Doesn’t have to be at RB. I don’t think it would hurt the bears to sign someone like Barkley to a 3 year deal especially if they have an out after 2 years

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I honestly have no clue how Travis Homer is on the team still. Like I bet over 50% of Bears fans don’t even know he exists.
He’s a core special teams guy. He does a lot of dirty work. Getsy didn’t give him many snaps.

He played for Waldron and did get reps as a third down back for Seattle. He knows the system. I think he’ll have a good chance to stick as RB 4.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If Swift is actually going to sign a $3M contract I have a lot of interest in him as the 3rd back in RBBC.
No way he signs a $3 mil contract. He just came off of his best season and finally stayed healthy through a season.

I like him and think he'd be a nice addition but would think he'll be more around $7-$8 mil.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
No way he signs a $3 mil contract. He just came off of his best season and finally stayed healthy through a season.

I like him and think he'd be a nice addition but would think he'll be more around $7-$8 mil.
I had thought PFF projected him at $3M a year but i just checked and its 3 years not $3M (my mistake) so probably passing on Swift then.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Supposedly Saquan and the Eagles have mutual interest.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My issue there is rookie RBs often suck at pass pro. If they do go the rookie QB route I’d like to see some vets around that actually know how to block. Maybe I’m wrong here but my memory of Herbert is he sucks at it. That being said I don’t want to break the bank either. But I’m OK with a solid two year deal if it helps the QB break in.
Herbert is absolute trash at pass pro. Johnson is good at it and was much better than he was at the beginning of the year. But he’s just a 3rd down back.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just hope poles shells out for someone. Bears have tons of cap space and they could sign someone to a 3 year deal without making a mess long term. Doesn’t have to be at RB. I don’t think it would hurt the bears to sign someone like Barkley to a 3 year deal especially if they have an out after 2 years
That’s probably a good way to go about it. None of these guys should break the bank. And one or more of them will definitely bounce back.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Herbert is absolute trash at pass pro. Johnson is good at it and was much better than he was at the beginning of the year. But he’s just a 3rd down back.

OK which begs my question…. Would you be OK with a free agent RB on a reasonable deal? To help protect the new QB. (Assuming they move on) It makes sense to me.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
OK which begs my question…. Would you be OK with a free agent RB on a reasonable deal? To help protect the new QB. (Assuming they move on) It makes sense to me.
Actually yes. Just being a meatball earlier