FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
All the RB's did "well" last year because jenkins, jones and wright are all very good in the run game.

Foreman didnt do anything special.

Lowest avg per carry of the 3 backs and IMO did nothing in the passing game. They really need another RB that isn’t a giant liability in the passing game.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
502 total yards from scrimmage? There’s probably 10 free agent RB’s I’d rather have
He really only had one excellent game. Against the Raiders, he had over 100 yards from scrimmage and 3 TDs. That was about it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I hope they try to land Christian Wilkins. Generates a ton of pressure and wreaks a lot of havoc on the DL.

They would have 1 big contract on each of the three levels of the D. Which they can get away with if they draft Caleb since he will be on a rookie contract.

I also hope they extend Moore.

It’s a great draft for offense at the top end, so Caleb and one of the top WRs would be great.
They already have 1 big contract on each level of defense.

M.Sweat
T.Edmunds
J.Johnson

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah, that occurred to me after I posted. I tend to subconsciously separate out the DEs and the guys on the interior.

Still, as long as it doesn’t turn into a bidding war, he would be a great addition.
I heard Wilkins could get 4 for $100 so $25 per.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He’s a good player, so I’d want him… but that aside, I don’t want to lay him what he wants. And I don’t know what that number is, but I’m guessing it’s flirting with 20/year… at least 15. I’m not interested in him at either price.
Especially if he's not a professional on and off the field like someone mentioned with him maybe fighting with coaches on the sideline. I do think he's the best FS in free agency with Simmons not too far behind but there's some really good ones out there that will be more around the single digit per prices that i'd like to get.

Alohi Gilman would be a nice addition. Not sure what his asking price would be after a really good season. Was a big fan of J.Chinn in his draft as well but not sure if he's a FS or SS.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Just draft the kid caleb played with.

Didn't click the link but assuming it's Marshawn Loyd and if so then i'm with that. Didn't know much about him at all until the combine and listened to Daniel Jeremiah talk him up and seemed like he did well there. Jeremiah also like that kid from Kentucky. Think his name was Rice or some shit.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Never heard of him. Checked out his tape and he doesnt play that fast at all. He looks more 4.5 on the field than 4.3
Nobody heard of him until he ran that 4.33 at the combine.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Didn't click the link but assuming it's Marshawn Loyd and if so then i'm with that. Didn't know much about him at all until the combine and listened to Daniel Jeremiah talk him up and seemed like he did well there. Jeremiah also like that kid from Kentucky. Think his name was Rice or some shit.

I watched his tape, not that I really had to cause I watched all the USC games cause of caleb. He looks like he could be good in the passing game which is what t he bears lack. Nothing looks spectacular but im guessing hes like a 4-6th round pick so that lines up.

ALSO HE DOESNT RUN UPRIGHT LIKE 4.33 GUY AND ROSCHON.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Russel Wilson met with the Giants before going to meet with Pitt.

gobullschi

Liked Posts:
Never heard of him. Checked out his tape and he doesnt play that fast at all. He looks more 4.5 on the field than 4.3
He originally went to Wisconsin, but he was stuck behind Jonathan Taylor and Braelon Allen. Then he transferred to Louisville. So you got a 9.98 RAS guy with limited miles on his tires. I’d rather the Bears use a 4th drafting him, than spend $11M/year on a RB like Barkley, Jacobs, or Henry. Spend that money on the offensive line instead.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Mulley and Haugh were just discussing free agency and the draft.

Both want the Bears to make a splash in free agency.

Haugh wants Barkley. Both agreed they’re signing a safety (duh).

They agree there’s money for a big contract on defense too like Wilkins.

They think a center might still be on the table.

In the draft, Haugh said “at nine the worst case scenario is having the choice of all the defensive players on the board.”

That’s actually a good problem to have.