FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

msadows

Liked Posts:
Gimme geno stone. He should get a fair deal based on how many FA FS/SS there are.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I know Simmons is still good, but 31 at start of season. I would like stone or McKinney depending on price
McKinney is who I want, but I think he'll get top of the market money along with Simmons. Doesn't seem like a Poles move to me.

Poles likes young and ascending players, who also aren't at the top of their position group salary wise.

Who are second tier safeties we can look at? Geno Stone, Kamren Kurl, Darnell Savage look like fits to me.

Luke

Liked Posts:
There are also other quarterbacks available in free agency. I'm not so sure that Fields will be the top choice for anyone missing out on the first wave.

Russini mentioned that Fields is now at Trey Lance worth - pretty sad.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
McKinney is who I want, but I think he'll get top of the market money along with Simmons. Doesn't seem like a Poles move to me.

Poles likes young and ascending players, who also aren't at the top of their position group salary wise.

Who are second tier safeties we can look at? Geno Stone, Kamren Kurl, Darnell Savage look like fits to me.

To be fair that was when he was rebuilding. Now that he is on record as shooting for the playoffs this year now may be the time to add a productive whether it be a Chris Jones, Danielle Hunter or Justin Simmons.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe he really just wants out of Carolina and would be happy with $25M
Could maybe draft our Brian Burns in Dallas Turner....

I believe with the edges available in FA- Bears will throw money at Huff or Greenard with the chance to draft one of the big 3 WR at 9.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I hope they try to land Christian Wilkins. Generates a ton of pressure and wreaks a lot of havoc on the DL.

They would have 1 big contract on each of the three levels of the D. Which they can get away with if they draft Caleb since he will be on a rookie contract.

I also hope they extend Moore.

It’s a great draft for offense at the top end, so Caleb and one of the top WRs would be great.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I hope they try to land Christian Wilkins. Generates a ton of pressure and wreaks a lot of havoc on the DL.

They would have 1 big contract on each of the three levels of the D. Which they can get away with if they draft Caleb since he will be on a rookie contract.

I also hope they extend Moore.

It’s a great draft for offense at the top end, so Caleb and one of the top WRs would be great.
They would have 2 on the DL with Wilkins and Sweat.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Seahawks let Will Dissly go ... Do you think this could be a 1 year signing or a prove it signing?
All 3 of their TE’s are available. Fant is who I want. Probably too expensive. Parkinson or Dissly should be cheap. Would think both of those are 1 year deals.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
They would have 2 on the DL with Wilkins and Sweat.
Yeah, that occurred to me after I posted. I tend to subconsciously separate out the DEs and the guys on the interior.

Still, as long as it doesn’t turn into a bidding war, he would be a great addition.