FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

msadows

Liked Posts:
He originally went to Wisconsin, but he was stuck behind Jonathan Taylor and Braelon Allen. Then he transferred to Louisville. So you got a 9.98 RAS guy with limited miles on his tires. I’d rather the Bears use a 4th drafting him, than spend $11M/year on a RB like Barkley, Jacobs, or Henry. Spend that money on the offensive line instead.

Only reason I wouldn't mind a FA rb iss that you gotta spend that money somewhere. Takes two to tango and not sure the bears will have enough top FA interest to spend all that cash flow.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Especially if he's not a professional on and off the field like someone mentioned with him maybe fighting with coaches on the sideline. I do think he's the best FS in free agency with Simmons not too far behind but there's some really good ones out there that will be more around the single digit per prices that i'd like to get.

Alohi Gilman would be a nice addition. Not sure what his asking price would be after a really good season. Was a big fan of J.Chinn in his draft as well but not sure if he's a FS or SS.
Yup, the attitude is just icing on the cake. I don’t know how serious the attitude stuff is, but I need someone to be nearly flawless to give top of the league pay. And I like a good safety, but not at top corner money.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yup, the attitude is just icing on the cake. I don’t know how serious the attitude stuff is, but I need someone to be nearly flawless to give top of the league pay. And I like a good safety, but not at top corner money.
Honestly wouldnt even mind bringin back eddie if he takes a drastic paycut.

In this market he's likely not getting more than like 2-4m

msadows

Liked Posts:
No, let’s get someone younger and better.
Well thats ideal but if geno stone is getting 10m a year I'd rather bring back eddie for cheap.

Not sure who else on the list besides mckinney is young. Simmons I like but he's old too

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Well thats ideal but if geno stone is getting 10m a year I'd rather bring back eddie for cheap.

Not sure who else on the list besides mckinney is young. Simmons I like but he's old too
I’ve heard talk of Jordan Fuller. He’s 26.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Whitehead, Savage, Gilman, Kurl, Mckinney, Blackmon, Chinn, Stone, Elliott all under 28.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nobody heard of him until he ran that 4.33 at the combine.
That's not true.. I have heard of the kid but then again I live 5 minutes from the city of Louisville. They had a lot of games on the national stage this year... Louisville has another good running back as well. Jawhar Jordan.. didn't see his combine results.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only reason I wouldn't mind a FA rb iss that you gotta spend that money somewhere. Takes two to tango and not sure the bears will have enough top FA interest to spend all that cash flow.
Fair- I guess it just depends what they spend prior to ripping my dick off.

I don't love the idea of back to back FA splashes at LB and HB to utilize all of that cap space, but again we'll see.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:

Dont think Stone gets close to $10M with the crazy amount of high quality competition in the market this year.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
502 total yards from scrimmage? There’s probably 10 free agent RB’s I’d rather have

Do all you guys ever do is look at a stat line?

I don't know why he didn't get more opportunities, but when he did get them, he was constantly breaking tackles and getting positive yards - he was an absolute bitch to tackle, and was repeatedly taking 1 yard gains and turning them into 3-5 yard gains or the like.

Of course I'd want that on my team.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

I don't know why he didn't get more opportunities, but when he did get them, he was constantly breaking tackles and getting positive yards - he was an absolute bitch to tackle, and was repeatedly taking 1 yard gains and turning them into 3-5 yard gains or the like.

What

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Well now I really don’t want him back