dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Maybe not for a 2, but both boyd and samuel are very good options in the slot.

If you are looking for a #2 option, ridley is as close as you get. I expect them to take WR at 9, so really it should just be looking for the best slot fit in FA.
As close as you get? Shit Ridley can go right back to being a #1 and is easily a #2.

msadows

Liked Posts:
As close as you get? Shit Ridley can go right back to being a #1 and is easily a #2.

Ehh, he vanished in a lot of games last season. I had both him and trevor in fantasy. Guess you could blame that on lawrence being butt half t he year too.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Really like hearing they're interested in Center, WR and RB for free agency.

Obviously we all wanted them to get a vet in there at C so that's big, now lets hope Poles can open up that wallet for a legit one and we can all stop worrying about C like we have since the O.Kreutz days.

WR most likely won't be on the tier 1 level and more about getting a slot receiver or a #3/#4 type in here and taking care of getting a guy to play opposite DJ in the draft, but maybe they go for someone like C.Ridley or M.Brown.

Please get us a RB in free agency that can do it all. We need a guy that can catch and has speed to break the long TD runs.
As I recall, D Henry is set to be a FA. He would be my priority FA RB.

a 2 year contract for an absolute truck of a human that will push the pile forward every time? Sign me up. Screw the tush push, I am all for King Henry

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ehh, he vanished in a lot of games last season. I had both him and trevor in fantasy. Guess you could blame that on lawrence being butt half t he year too.
Yeah you can definitely put a lot of that on TL and the offense but first year back after not playing the last two years and still putting up 1,000+ yds and i think he had like 7-8 TD's. Pretty damn good.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Yeah you can definitely put a lot of that on TL and the offense but first year back after not playing the last two years and still putting up 1,000+ yds and i think he had like 7-8 TD's. Pretty damn good.

Ohh I'd like him just depends on the price. Right now it looks like he would be the clear cut best WR in FA. Also unlikely he gets re-signed since then the pick they gave to atlanta turns into a 2nd rounder. I'm sure he will have a lot of suitors.

If you expect a top WR at #9, a guy like boyd/samuel is more than good enough in FA

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
As I recall, D Henry is set to be a FA. He would be my priority FA RB.

a 2 year contract for an absolute truck of a human that will push the pile forward every time? Sign me up. Screw the tush push, I am all for King Henry
I could see them going for Henry but for me i'd rather get a RB that can add the long speed and can catch out of the backfield. We have Herbert who's a really good runner and Roschon who's more a power back. Would be nice having a beast like Henry though. Little worried about the beating his body has taken over the years and he's got to be 30 or close to it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ohh I'd like him just depends on the price. Right now it looks like he would be the clear cut best WR in FA. Also unlikely he gets re-signed since then the pick they gave to atlanta turns into a 2nd rounder. I'm sure he will have a lot of suitors.

If you expect a top WR at #9, a guy like boyd/samuel is more than good enough in FA
That's the problem, we don't know what to expect at #9. They could go WR, Bowers, DE, OT or 3T.

I like as our #3/#4
Noah Brown
KJ Osbourne
T.Boyd
C.Samuel
K.Bourne

msadows

Liked Posts:
That's the problem, we don't know what to expect at #9. They could go WR, Bowers, DE, OT or 3T.

Id be really surprised at OT or 3T. Massive holes on other parts of the roster and you alreeady have young talent at both positions.

If the raiders do actually trade up to 5-7 you'd feel pretty confident 4 QB's are going in the top 7, which means one of nabers/odunze should be there.

I love ridley and was super high on him in the draft. Poles just doesnt seem to overpay and give out bad contracts, Ridley seems like he's gonna get paid more than he's worth.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
From most likely to least likely, I'd guess the Bears priority at 9 will be Trade down, DE and WR.

I know that this is anti-trench speak, but god, one of the top 3 WRs would be awesome. Just not sure that's a Poles kind of pick though.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
From most likely to least likely, I'd guess the Bears priority at 9 will be Trade down, DE and WR.

I know that this is anti-trench speak, but got one of the top 3 WRs would be awesome. Just not sure that's a Poles kind of pick though.
Interesting. I think i'd put Trade down and WR right with each other and then DE but we don't know anything until we see what he does in free agency which will obviously tell us much more.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I know that this is anti-trench speak, but got one of the top 3 WRs would be awesome. Just not sure that's a Poles kind of pick though.
If Nabers is there, I have a hard time doing that, but I probably can pass Odunze and "settle" for someone else in the 1st/2nd (depending on the picks we get trading down).

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Id be really surprised at OT or 3T. Massive holes on other parts of the roster and you alreeady have young talent at both positions.

If the raiders do actually trade up to 5-7 you'd feel pretty confident 4 QB's are going in the top 7, which means one of nabers/odunze should be there.

I love ridley and was super high on him in the draft. Poles just doesnt seem to overpay and give out bad contracts, Ridley seems like he's gonna get paid more than he's worth.
Yeah i don't think he should go OT either cause i like B.Jones for at least next year. Was just putting down what could be options at 9 and think OT is one.

I think the difference between me and you and many others with 3T is i didn't see as much from Dexter to say he's the starting 3T as much as you guys did. Now it was only his rookie year but to not see much, if any, improvement in one of his biggest weaknesses (his get off) is concerning to me. I also really love Byron Murphy II.

I saw someone say a 4 year contract for $68 for Ridley which is $17 mil per and i'd be cool with that.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes but not the best RB draft, but RB's drafted late from small schools surprise all the time so i'd be down with drafting one in the 5th or 6th.
there isnt the household name like a Bijan, but theres some really nice backs in this draft still. besides, the Bijan types go too early in the draft for where the bears can afford to draft one

Les Grossman

Liked Posts: