dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
there isnt the household name like a Bijan, but theres some really nice backs in this draft still. besides, the Bijan types go too early in the draft for where the bears can afford to draft one
Agree, that's why i said i'd be good with drafting one in the 5th or 6th.

I think he finds one in free agency though with how many are out there and how cheap you can get one right now.

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels
Did not know this about FL... Swore the COL out that way was significantly higher and taxes on goods were super high that leveled some stuff out. VA sucks more every day. Not like I plan to go bankrupt. Grumble grumble massive taxes grumble.
I'm also in VA so I feel your pain lol

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's a good shopping list for FA.

I think the best way to go is finding a #3 WR in FA. Then drafting Rome at 9.

Does anyone know if Xavier McKinney is going to make it to FA?

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone think that Nabers is off Bears draft boards because of arrest last year?

Not sure Bears will take that chance.

Which means that our window for wr gets smaller with mhj presumably taken top 5.

If Odunze gone…then order I could see is DE, OT, DT, TE, but maybe a trade down to get back a 2nd or another 3rd

Though I would prefer to stock the shelves at OT and TE…that may not be Bears urgency.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I could see them going for Henry but for me i'd rather get a RB that can add the long speed and can catch out of the backfield. We have Herbert who's a really good runner and Roschon who's more a power back. Would be nice having a beast like Henry though. Little worried about the beating his body has taken over the years and he's got to be 30 or close to it.
I genuinely like that this team incorporates a FB, but a modern NFL is deadly out of 11. Henry is also a bit of an every-down back that gets taken out for a series instead of being taken out on 3rd down.

I think he would be the best weapon for the team in FA but others may differ, thinking there is a subjectively better WR

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'll take whoever is left at the altar for sure. I haven't paid attention... I assume Saquon, Henry, and Jacobs are all still out there.
The problem with Foreman and Herbert last year was that they were the same guy. Both can’t pass block or pass catch.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
If top three WRs are off the board at 9. I don’t mind a trade down and get Thomas Jr. or Mitchell. Especially for a 2nd round pick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I genuinely like that this team incorporates a FB, but a modern NFL is deadly out of 11. Henry is also a bit of an every-down back that gets taken out for a series instead of being taken out on 3rd down.

I think he would be the best weapon for the team in FA but others may differ, thinking there is a subjectively better WR
I like what we did with Darrynton Evans last year for the few games we had him. That's the kind of plays i want to see from a RB. He had some really good plays for us running and catching out of the backfield. Give me a better one of him and i'm happy.

Not to say i wouldn't thoroughly enjoy watching Henry running through the lines like the beast he is and completely mushing a defender or two with a Henry stiff arm because i would.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What about Tony Pollard on a reasonable two year deal? He needs to be the lead back in a committee…not the 250 carry guy they made him this year.
Based on all around package (pass blocking considered), I like Pollard, Saquon, and Henry in no specific order.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I like what we did with Darrynton Evans last year for the few games we had him. That's the kind of plays i want to see from a RB. He had some really good plays for us running and catching out of the backfield. Give me a better one of him and i'm happy.

Not to say i wouldn't thoroughly enjoy watching Henry running through the lines like the beast he is and completely mushing a defender or two with a Henry stiff arm because i would.
As I recall (or maybe I have you mistaken for someone else) you are a big fan of Teven Jenkins? At least when healthy.

I liked Jenkins next to Wright the best. Those two were mammoths side by side.

I want you to imagine Henry getting a full head of steam behind those two and running through a safety as the first contact made. This is my dream.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
From most likely to least likely, I'd guess the Bears priority at 9 will be Trade down, DE and WR.

I know that this is anti-trench speak, but god, one of the top 3 WRs would be awesome. Just not sure that's a Poles kind of pick though.
Realistically this a symptom of Paces habit of trading away 1st round picks. The Bears only rookie contract players at WR are Scott (4th round project) and VJJ (gadget return man who might be more RB than WR at this point), and at DE its DomRob (late round lotto/project pick that didnt hit). They need better rookies at both positions almost equally bad and the second 1st only solves 1. Hopefully Poles can get a high 2nd round pick through trade howeverwhichway and address both.

DL is a rotational position you cant just have 2 good ones on the roster and call it a day - Walker is a situational Elephant end but you are hurting if hes your teams first pass rushing End off the bench and joking around if you try him as DE2. At the same time, it would be criminal to ask one of Scott or VJJ to be WR 3. Its too bad the Bears will have effectively spent 3 first round picks in the last 4 years on QBs (assuming they pick CW) because a lot of other important positions have been left kinda bare from a pick stand point.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
As I recall (or maybe I have you mistaken for someone else) you are a big fan of Teven Jenkins? At least when healthy.

I liked Jenkins next to Wright the best. Those two were mammoths side by side.

I want you to imagine Henry getting a full head of steam behind those two and running through a safety as the first contact made. This is my dream.
I am a big Jenkins fan and also would of loved it if him and Wright could of lined up together on the right side but once again Poles/Flus moved Jenkins, again, because they signed a G in N.Davis who only can/wants to play at RG.

I imagined it that's why my second sentence was this:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Anyone think that Nabers is off Bears draft boards because of arrest last year?

Not sure Bears will take that chance.

Which means that our window for wr gets smaller with mhj presumably taken top 5.

If Odunze gone…then order I could see is DE, OT, DT, TE, but maybe a trade down to get back a 2nd or another 3rd

Though I would prefer to stock the shelves at OT and TE…that may not be Bears urgency.

Bears would be next level stupid to remove him from their board for a charge that was later dropped. Not aware of any other criminal history with him either.

Canth

Liked Posts:

That’s an interesting question: Did Waldron’s/Seattle’s offense have a fullback last year?

Applefan

Liked Posts:
I have a feeling that the Bears will pursue WR's Curtin Samuel(he's close with D.J. Moore) and Van Jefferson( on the 2021 SB winning Rams team with Waldron and Thomas Brown).

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have a feeling that the Bears will pursue WR's Curtin Samuel(he's close with D.J. Moore) and Van Jefferson( on the 2021 SB winning Rams team with Waldron and Thomas Brown).

Josh Reynolds was with the Rams and Waldron. Seahawks have two free agent TE’s and Bears need one.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears would be next level stupid to remove him from their board for a charge that was later dropped. Not aware of any other criminal history with him either.

Only dropped because he was in school and gave up/surrendered the weapon for good. Not because the charge wasn't valid. I could definitely see them doing so, unless there were some extenuating circumstances.

In NOLA though if it hadn't been hidden it wouldn't have been an offense.