FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well appreciate the feedback. Just seems like a perfect fit for a #9 pick. I also think that drafting a DE at 9 is more of a sure thing than a WR at 9, and every year amazed at how many later round picks turn out to be star WRs.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This doesnt make much sense forPhilly…
They’re switching to a Fangio defense so I imagine they will be moving anyone he doesn’t feel fits the new scheme.

Also they may be getting value while they can? Better to trade a year early than a year late.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
They’re switching to a Fangio defense so I imagine they will be moving anyone he doesn’t feel fits the new scheme.

Also they may be getting value while they can? Better to trade a year early than a year late.
Yeah it just seems like those are 3 very similar players. Maybe Huff is more of a 3 down OLB? Idk

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Huff is basically Reddick as a pass rusher, but doesn't do anything else nearly as well.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Have you not paid attention these last two years? Poles spent 5 top 64 picks the last two years on defense. 6 if you count the Sweat trade this year.
Claypool was basically an addition for the opposing defense

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Well appreciate the feedback. Just seems like a perfect fit for a #9 pick. I also think that drafting a DE at 9 is more of a sure thing than a WR at 9, and every year amazed at how many later round picks turn out to be star WRs.
Not against drafting defense with the pick if the top 3wrs and top 2 lt are off the board. I’m not really impressed with the defensive players this year in the draft

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not against drafting defense with the pick if the top 3wrs and top 2 lt are off the board. I’m not really impressed with the defensive players this year in the draft

That's fair. Although we don't know if the Bears like all of the big 3 receivers. Because the Bears have sucked the last few years we are experiencing something new, these consistent great draft picks, plus the trade down last year. This is fun and everything but hope that the Bears off season is a lot less exciting in the years ahead.

Last edited:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Since the bears hosted Byard can we let this stupid age narrative that poles won’t sign a 30 year old die?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He's been one of the best safeties in the league for most of his career. Versatile, solid in the box and can also play deep. Missed zero games in his eight year career.

I didn't watch Philly much last year but seemed like he didn't quite fit in there. Also getting a little up there in age.
He’s 30 and a two time first team all pro. He would look good on a two year deal.

Adding him and possibly a rookie with one of the 4th round picks might work out well.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:

This would be something. Three Sweats on the D line
I like Tvondre Sweat an awful lot if the Bears can grab a 2nd round pick from Fields or a #9 tradedown. He pairs really well with the current Bears DT group - hes good at the things Dexter isnt and would relieve Pickens of backup NT duties on obvious run downs with upside to be a special player. Wouldnt interfere with drafting WR in the 1st either which is a big plus.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I like Tvondre Sweat an awful lot if the Bears can grab a 2nd round pick from Fields or a #9 tradedown. He pairs really well with the current Bears DT group - hes good at the things Dexter isnt and would relieve Pickens of backup NT duties on obvious run downs with upside to be a special player. Wouldnt interfere with drafting WR in the 1st either which is a big plus.
You should really like this!

Canth

Liked Posts:
I get that but why would they big players in FA for a pass rusher then? they would trade two guys they already have and then spend big for a similar type player? Kinda weird.

Yeah, I don't disagree. It seems strange.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
That could be what they do but with no 2nd round pick and no guarantee to end up with one with a Fields trade or a trade down then we'd have to look to free agency if we want anyone legit opposite DJ Moore, and the only two for sure #2/#1 types out there are C.Ridley and M.Brown. Then we'd have to go WR in the 3rd or 4th round.
Still a lot of talented WR's in the third or later. I would also be fine with Ridley in free agency.