FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
As much as fans want to use as much cap space as possible to make the best possible team in 2024, I could see Poles deciding to roll over a big chunk of change into 2025 and pass on all high end FA/go with "value contracts" only (hope im wrong on this though). I could see him taking a cheap 1 year flier on a DT like Kinlaw - only 26, elite size and billed as extremely athletic, former 1st round pick who had his career derailed by injuries but was healthy all last season. He would let Bears avoid taking snaps away from Dexter too so a guy like that kind of seemlessly fits into the roster.
Think Poles is done handing out big contracts on defense. Second tier DE and FS nothing more. He will look to put more money into the offense this year, WR, TE, RB, and I don't think he is done with the interior OL yet.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Because Huff, a 2nd and a 3rd may be better than Sweat and Reddick. Just like Edmunds, Edwards and Dexter may be better than Quan.

Makes them younger and cheaper.
Huff isn’t gonna be cheap and those two are already under contract.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Huff isn’t gonna be cheap and those two are already under contract.

Reddick's cap hit is 22m this year and Sweat's is like 10m. Huff and 2 rookies probablt come in under that although there is a lot of dead money the Eagles have to eat.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Poles will add more to defense....I still expect help on the dline.

I also expect them to go after a center still on offense and a WR.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Still a lot of talented WR's in the third or later. I would also be fine with Ridley in free agency.
Can you throw me some of the names you think will still be around at WR around pick #75??

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Could maybe draft our Brian Burns in Dallas Turner....

I believe with the edges available in FA- Bears will throw money at Huff or Greenard with the chance to draft one of the big 3 WR at 9.
My guess is Huff and if 5 QB's go in the top 10 we get either Turner or Odunze.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Guerendo! This kid was a back up/special teamer for Wisconsin before transferring to Louisville. He really broke out for the Cardinals. Kid can do it all. Very impressive. His bowl against USC was sensational. There's not much tread on those tires. I wouldn't mind getting this kid. Lots of potential.
I've posted a few times we should get him.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Getting Barkley would be huge. There are very few RBs that are a true difference maker anymore and he is one of them just like McCaffrey.
No thanks to him or Jacobs or Henry, no high $ RB's with all the holes and bench needed.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
He originally went to Wisconsin, but he was stuck behind Jonathan Taylor and Braelon Allen. Then he transferred to Louisville. So you got a 9.98 RAS guy with limited miles on his tires. I’d rather the Bears use a 4th drafting him, than spend $11M/year on a RB like Barkley, Jacobs, or Henry. Spend that money on the offensive line instead.
100% in agreement.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Honestly wouldnt even mind bringin back eddie if he takes a drastic paycut.

In this market he's likely not getting more than like 2-4m
I read the 49er's think and want him at 1.5 to 2.5 MM for 1 year prove it deal. I'd do that all day long.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Bears hosted Kevin Byard. I wouldn't be against this, with all the safeties on the market, he probably doesn't get a huge deal and he provides another veteran presence in a young secondary. Much more reliable and better than BoJack at this point.
Who is Bo Jack? If you mean Bo Jackson he is a HOF guy, EJack was cut by the Bears.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Anyone know a lot about him? I don't know much, saw he made the pro bowl as an alternate one year, but really haven't heard much about him.
Solid player one of better safeties in the league, moved to Eagles last year by Titans to save money and start a rebuild,
Eagles were all in to get a SB until they forgot how to play.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Can you throw me some of the names you think will still be around at WR around pick #75??
Im not that guy, but I think there is a ton of interesting talent that should be available at 75 if they want to go that route (i think they might go iOL there depending how the draft shakes out) - None that project to be good enough to be a WR2 from the get go imo though. I think there is a chance Malachi Corley will be there at #75, Ricky Pearsall might, Brenden Rice probably is, Johnny WIlson probably is. Ainias smith is a real interesting guy to me if hes there at 111 too.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I don’t think the Bears will be in on the Hunter/Jones/Wilkins sweepstakes. I’d expect them to target Epenesa or Huff at DE.

I think they’ll want to target a DT like Ruke Orhorhoro on Day 2. Hasn’t played football for very long, but has shown flashes and is really athletic. Not sure I see Sweat being a fit. Being at that size is definitely a concern conditioning wise. Is it worth investing a high pick if he can only play 10-12 snaps a game?

In terms of safety, I think they’ll sign a stop gap veteran to a 1-2 year deal and consider drafting one in the 3rd-4th round range. Someone like Dadrion Taylor-Demerson would fit that mold. I still think you need to improve the depth behind Brisker, given his injury history. Hicks should not be your backup. Go out and sign someone like Jeremy Reaves, who can also play ST.
I think you are onto something with Epenesa and Ruke.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Poles will add more to defense....I still expect help on the dline.

I also expect them to go after a center still on offense and a WR.
I expect that too. Hopefully that’s what happens. D-line is the only place we need to work on on the defensive side. First thing at least.

Rawk

Liked Posts:
dont see any takers for bosa, he just hasnt stayed healthy and unless the chargers are gonna give up a pick for a team to take on his deal hes getting cut...
mack just had a crazy year so maybe some team trades a pick but i doubt it...they probably keep him and let him finish out his contract
I can see the 9ers try to get a Bosa combo instead of resigning young.