FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

msadows

Liked Posts:
Bit ignorant to recent Barkley play, but I heard his stats and effectiveness went down dramatically after his injury and he wasn't the game changer he once was. Is this perception incorrect? Would it be better to go after someone like Jacobs or Eckler if Bears wanted to go that route?

Both those guys had the same issue, and eckler looked super slow last year.

The giants had arguably the worst oline in the league I think? The rookie they took was trash and evan neal is a bust

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Both those guys had the same issue, and eckler looked super slow last year.

The giants had arguably the worst oline in the league I think? The rookie they took was trash and evan neal is a bust
Good point. I definitely didn't take into consideration the line issues Giants had with his loss in production (never watch them.... or the Chargers/Raiders).

I do like the appeal of having a pass catching RB threat such as Barkley. Regardless of who the QB is. Been a while since the Bears had something like that (Forte-ish).

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Didnt they just cut like 4 starters?
Yep and still 14 million over. By the start of the season they will have extra money and still in the playoff hunt. Cap hell is made up. Spend all you got

The Saints started the offseason 80 million over lol. Its a crock

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I would expect Poles to let the first wave off FA to come off the board. FA typically doesn’t give you a return on investment anyway. Better to stick to your guns and find value on positions that are saturated like safety.