In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I know he is, and he figures to be a nice upgrade on anything else we had. But we still have no depth and we're pretty keyed in on drafting a QB #1 overall. I'd like to see a nice investment in making sure he's protected even if one of the starters goes down. Bates profiles as a super-sub, able to play any interior position and even tackle in a pinch.
I understand, but I'd start worrying about depth/competition at LT instead of C for now. I'm sure they can always bring back Lucas Patrick or someone extremely cheap to be depth.

NeverDieEasy

Righter of Wrongs
Liked Posts:
unfortunately that leaves a gaping hole at quarterback.

No it doesn't.

You all want Poles to get more protection and ability in front of CW. My FA and Draft does that. Gives Fields one final chance to succeed with a low cap # and I believe he would put up great numbers with the reinforced OL, the ultra talented WRs (DJ Moore, MHJ, Leggette, Thrash and Scott- Holy Crap!!) along w/ Kmet. And one scary ass D.

If Fields can't win with that stacked team, then use the 2 2025 draft capital 2 firsts, 2 seconds for Sanders.

No rookie QB has ever won a Super Bowl. No 2nd year has ever won a Super Bowl. Bears best chance to win now.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I understand, but I'd start worrying about depth/competition at LT instead of C for now. I'm sure they can always bring back Lucas Patrick or someone extremely cheap to be depth.
Quality depth, not just "depth."

I'd like to see a capable swing tackle brought in as well too of course. I'm relatively comfortable with our starters but there's currently no one else behind then that I'd feel good about starting for any amount of time.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Awfully quiet with Kirk Cousins news.

Think he gets humbled and doesn't get the deal he wants from Atlanta.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Quality depth, not just "depth."

I'd like to see a capable swing tackle brought in as well too of course. I'm relatively comfortable with our starters but there's currently no one else behind then that I'd feel good about starting for any amount of time.

I'd guess that the large portion of NFL teams dont have a backup tackle theyd "feel good about starting".

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No it doesn't.

You all want Poles to get more protection and ability in front of CW. My FA and Draft does that. Gives Fields one final chance to succeed with a low cap # and I believe he would put up great numbers with the reinforced OL, the ultra talented WRs (DJ Moore, MHJ, Leggitt, Thrash and Scott- Holy Crap!!) along w/ Kmet. And one scary ass D.

If Fields can't win with that stacked team, then use the 2 2025 draft capital 2 firsts, 2 seconds for Sanders.

No rookie QB has ever won a Super Bowl. No 2nd year has ever won a Super Bowl. Bears best chance to win now.
Sanders sucks and Fields isn't winning anyone a Super Bowl

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I was holding out hope, but it's probably going to be Justin Jones brought back and Dexter.
I think Jones did well after Sweat arrived, but it depends on if they sign a good DE in free agency. If so they might find a way to grab one early during the draft.