FREE AGENCY NO NEWS THREAD

Rise

Liked Posts:
Seems like a dumb take. Not many teams have signed more than a couple guys, and the Bears already have safety address with Byard as well. It's not like Poles is sitting on his hands.

Especially if he's working the phone to secure Danielle Hunter and can land him, it'll all be worth it. Then the draft can pretty much be all spent on offense.

I’m hoping for Hunter and Boyd.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not only that but pace is there too. Sad times for fields.
In before someone says he was never available for trade and smoke has been lifted.

NeverDieEasy

Righter of Wrongs
Liked Posts:
everyone is talking out of their ass....they see a rumor posted online and then it gets repeated....
Jim Carrey Help GIF by Ace Ventura

BREAKING...The Bears are releasing Justin Fields

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I still haven't seen one credible source with information about Poles trying to trade Fields. Not one.
All I've heard is Poles answering a question with "IF we get to that point we will try to to right by him"
Then there'd have been chatter about the trade down and he had already agreed to a deal with the Panthers by this time last year.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jacobs just lead the league in rushing.

Jones has 4 rushing TDs in 2 years and was injured most of the season. He’s 30 while Jacobs is 26. It was the right choice.

Again FUCK GB but they are better at RB today than they were yesterday
What Jacobs did in 2022 has no bearing on today. Jones is the more dynamic RB but does have health issues throughout his career. Jacobs is not the receiving threat that Jones is and by a good margin. He’s younger but that’s just about it.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
No clue what the packers are doing with their cap space. Paying a worse RB and taking a cap hit to cut your current RB(who;s better). Then paying big ass money to a Safety while letting two of your lienmen walk?

Don't look a gift horse in it's ass, as they say!!

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Looking at what Devin Singletary got from NYG, the Swift deal sure has aged well.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the real issue is that the market for Fields was impacted as much by the league believing that CHI wasn't trading #1OA (and thus why offer a lot for a QB that will be dumped anyway) as it was by Fields inadequacies.

Because you are assured of getting him on a cheap deal?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
What Jacobs did in 2022 has no bearing on today. Jones is the more dynamic RB but does have health issues throughout his career. Jacobs is not the receiving threat that Jones is and by a good margin. He’s younger but that’s just about it.
What AJ did in 2022 has no bearing either. He was injury prone last season and appeared sluggish. He’s going to be 30 years old and obviously on the decline. How are they better with him over Jacobs? It’s not even debateable and the Packers agree. They usually get it right.