Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be giving Hicks any more than 4-5 million a year if that's what Howard's contract looks like.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be giving Hicks any more than 4-5 million a year if that's what Howard's contract looks like.

They are about the same caliber of player. I think Hicks get 6 to 7 easliy

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
How about Terrence Knighton for the Bears he plays NT Eddie goes to 5tech. Maybe he can be had at a decent price.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 8s9 seconds ago
CB Jeremy Lane stays with the #Seahawks, source said.

Mitchapalooza

Aaron Leming is pretty confident (on the radio right now) that Zach Miller will be re-signed.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
How about Terrence Knighton for the Bears he plays NT Eddie goes to 5tech. Maybe he can be had at a decent price.

Fox knows who he is as a player and already said no once. Why would he change his mind now?

BTW, Knighton played barely 50% of snaps in Washington.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
ason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR 35s35 seconds ago
DL Derrick Shelby signed a 4-yr, $21M deal with $7.5M guaranteed with #Falcons

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Hicks visiting. Good sign.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so if Hicks is so great why is NE going to let him walk?? I haven't heard of them being in CAP hell or anything....

There is really no FA I really care about signing at this point. Wasn't a strong class , but we definitely passed on anyone who would be a sure fire upgrade of guys already on roster.

TREVATHAN Signing = Solid A - Young player that should be a the peak of his game, pro bowl potential, at fair price. Fills a very big need.

MASSIE Signing = B - Only reason it gets a B is because it puts Long back at G where he excels / belongs. Massie has been inconsistent as hell and not lived up to his potential to date. He is probably no worse / no better than Long at RT, but still an upgrade overall with Long back inside. Would have much rather paid more for Mitchell Schwartz who was there for the taking.

(Per Rotoworld.com -A fourth-round pick in 2012, Massie started 46 games at right tackle for the Cardinals over the last four seasons. Pro Football Focus gave him negative grades as a pass protector last season, but he has been a solid run blocker throughout his career. After struggling at right tackle, this signing should allow Kyle Long to move back to his natural guard spot. )

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
so if Hicks is so great why is NE going to let him walk?? I haven't heard of them being in CAP hell or anything....

There is really no FA I really care about signing at this point. Wasn't a strong class , but we definitely passed on anyone who would be a sure fire upgrade of guys already on roster.

TREVATHAN Signing = Solid A - Young player that should be a the peak of his game, pro bowl potential, at fair price. Fills a very big need.

MASSIE Signing = B - Only reason it gets a B is because it puts Long back at G where he excels / belongs. Massie has been inconsistent as hell and not lived up to his potential to date. He is probably no worse / no better than Long at RT, but still an upgrade overall with Long back inside.

That is the way NE operates.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully it won't be for Tracy Porter money

Porter got a big raise but we don't know how it's structured yet. Could really be a 1-2 yr deal.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs
‏@BradBiggs
Sounds like #Bears could be lining up a visit for DL Akiem Hicks. GM Ryan Pace knows him well but Fox/Fangio might want to meet him.

hicks_panthers_sack_zps2edf593d.jpg

GSH1919

Liked Posts:
Getting Hicks would be awesome. DL market is dry as fuck now.

Fangio made Jarvis Jenkins look halfway competent. Hicks would be a good fit imo, as it stands today the Bears could definitely use 2 DE's.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
New England cannot afford Hicks. Most of their beat reporters have identified him as a priority, but they do not have 6 million to invest at the position.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
New England cannot afford Hicks. Most of their beat reporters have identified him as a priority, but they do not have 6 million to invest at the position.

Exactly. People always think that if a player comes from New England, there is some conspiracy that he sucks because BB. So silly.

Bears27

Liked Posts:
Bears could have offered more than that for Howard I think.

No kidding, I also saw somewhere William Hayes re-signed with the Rams @ 3yrs/$21M. Charles Johnson @ 1yr/$3M, could've been worth a look too. Eager to see the $$$ in the Ian Williams deal. Our DL needs major help and there were plenty of players out there, we've effectively pinned our hopes on one player who has interest from 12 teams, not looking good. I think Pace & the Bears dropped the ball on this one.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No kidding, I also saw somewhere William Hayes re-signed with the Rams @ 3yrs/$21M. Charles Johnson @ 1yr/$3M, could've been worth a look too. Eager to see the $$$ in the Ian Williams deal. Our DL needs major help and there were plenty of players out there, we've effectively pinned our hopes on one player who has interest from 12 teams, not looking good. I think Pace & the Bears dropped the ball on this one.

I think they had their minds set on Hicks from the start.