Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I've been at my job a year think if I transfer I could get 70mil?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Sign Hicks, re-sign Miller to an incentive laden deal, and then sign Bruton.

Bergz22

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Really good job by Pace imo. No huge contracts that can really hurt in the long run. Read somewhere that Trevathan and McPhee cost the same a year as Malik Jackson.

Signing good players, filling needs and looks like he will have a very good chance of going bpa in the draft.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hicks, Zach Miller, Patrick Robinson, and David Bruton tomorrow.

Draft Buckner

AussieBear

a ghod damn nob fest is going on around here.... pace can do no wrong...

SB BABY

GatorLandMike

Liked Posts:
You had no problem 'leaking' Trevathan being a Bear an hour before it happened. But that was an obvious one.

You didn't say anything about Massie and I can gaurantee you that you won't call any signings by name before they happen.

What are you talking about? I said 2 OL from AFC being talked too, and another from NFC
I didn't say anything about Trev at all until later once I found out he was signed but it wasn't released to public yet....

I gave my word I would leave names out of it that's why....but if you look at my main post which highlights what Bears have done and will do you will see that GATORLANDMIKE was spot on

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
What are you talking about? I said 2 OL from AFC being talked too, and another from NFC
I didn't say anything about Trev at all until later once I found out he was signed but it wasn't released to public yet....

I gave my word I would leave names out of it that's why....but if you look at my main post which highlights what Bears have done and will do you will see that GATORLANDMIKE was spot on

Haha so your telling me the Bears were looking at O-Lineman in both the AFC AND NFC? Go figure.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Where is the DL that was a done deal?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I believe the point being made is saying 2 OL from AFC and 1 from NFC being looked at is so vague that it's ultimately no better than guessing.

Even if we assume you have an inside source, if that is as specific as you can get then bragging about being right is odd. Everyone knew going into FA that OL is a huge need so a blind goat could have made the same prediction given there are only 2 conferences to choose from and you picked both.

I think the Bears are going to look for DL next and based on my inside source, the DL they are talking to is definitely human.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
New England cannot afford Hicks. Most of their beat reporters have identified him as a priority, but they do not have 6 million to invest at the position.

Yeah but you said the same about the Chiefs not being able to afford J.Allen and they turned around and signed M.Schwartz so there's always ways for these teams to sign a player.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No kidding, I also saw somewhere William Hayes re-signed with the Rams @ 3yrs/$21M. Charles Johnson @ 1yr/$3M, could've been worth a look too. Eager to see the $$$ in the Ian Williams deal. Our DL needs major help and there were plenty of players out there, we've effectively pinned our hopes on one player who has interest from 12 teams, not looking good. I think Pace & the Bears dropped the ball on this one.

Our d-line does not need major help. They need A d-lineman and they'll be fine and if they don't get that one d-lineman in free agency then there's a strong d-lin draft coming up.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:

How's that 3 team Cutler trade going then Mr Insider?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah but you said the same about the Chiefs not being able to afford J.Allen and they turned around and signed M.Schwartz so there's always ways for these teams to sign a player.

Yes there is. The Chiefs also had about triple the salary cap space.

I am sure they have made an offer, I am sure they want him back, and I am sure the Bears are going to pay him more than NE wants to.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Our d-line does not need major help. They need A d-lineman and they'll be fine and if they don't get that one d-lineman in free agency then there's a strong d-lin draft coming up.

It absolutely needs major help. Jenkins is a capable backup/rotational player but the Bears only have a collection of replacement-level players on the other side. So they've got one backup who's starting when he shouldn't and a bunch of bums at the other DE. They need a quality starter via FA and help in the draft, and then hope for no major injuries.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
curious how FA's have to do with a rebuild?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yes there is. The Chiefs also had about triple the salary cap space.

I am sure they have made an offer, I am sure they want him back, and I am sure the Bears are going to pay him more than NE wants to.

New England needs to save cap space for next year, they have a lot of important players to resign next offseason.