Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

AussieBear

His run defense and interior pressure is worth a lot.

Lets wait and see if he gets 13 million.

I will support the move no matter. Grabbing 26 year old emerging stars is never a bad idea, In a normal market Jackson would never hit free agency, he just happened to line up with Miller being a FA.

id rather have damon harrison and 3 des such as ---- devito (rotational run stopper), hicks, and jenkins for cheaper than that 13-14 mil per price tag....

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Pay the man. We need some legit talent. We have no reason to be cheapo this year.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Vikings offer RG Mike Harris a 2 yr / $3.5 mill deal.
Anyone else think that we should offer something to easily beat that?
He's 27, 6'5"/338, and PFF has him rated #22 overall G out of 82 qualifiers. Supposedly excels in both pass and run blocking.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Vikings offer RG Mike Harris a 2 yr / $3.5 mill deal.
Anyone else think that we should offer something to easily beat that?
He's 27, 6'5"/338, and PFF has him rated #22 overall G out of 82 qualifiers. Supposedly excels in both pass and run blocking.

He will get more than that.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Apparently, Bruce Irvin to the Jaguars is pretty much done. He apparently owns a home in North Florida and has started following all the Jags writers etc.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
id rather have damon harrison and 3 des such as ---- devito (rotational run stopper), hicks, and jenkins for cheaper than that 13-14 mil per price tag....

Harrison wants 10 million a season, so he is not even that much cheaper.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd pass on Jackson. Gonna cost too much.

Too much is relative to what you have.

The Bears have a ton of space, especially considering they have 70+ million in cap space next year with only Kyle Long to possibly extend.

The late incompetence of Angelo and the consistent incompetence of Emery have left the Bears unable to be in cap hell.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
didnt see that.. i dont see a two down nt getting that much... but thats me

My guess is he gets 8-9.

His run defense numbers are incredible and true dominant NTs are hard to find. My guess is Hicks grabs himself 4-6 million as well.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I'd pass on Jackson. Gonna cost too much.

Well, the Bears obviously know what he's asking for. And they know what it has been reported he turned down from Denver. So, the fact that the Bears are thought to be interested means that they are very prepared to spend 10-12M./year on him.

AussieBear

My guess is he gets 8-9.

His run defense numbers are incredible and true dominant NTs are hard to find. My guess is Hicks grabs himself 4-6 million as well.

yeah the cap has gone up im sure agents want a slice of that... hicks shows some upside but i wouldnt pay 6 mil.... most id pay for a 2 down nt is 4-6.... youre right though harrisons run defense is off the charts

Monster O

Liked Posts:
Jaguars and raiders will steal all the headlines early next week. Let's just hope they over spend and waste their money on players that don't fit the bear's needs.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well, the Bears obviously know what he's asking for. And they know what it has been reported he turned down from Denver. So, the fact that the Bears are thought to be interested means that they are very prepared to spend 10-12M./year on him.

He wants $14 million + per year

Liked Posts:

I get that. If they sign him they sign him. He's a good football player that would improve the defensive line. I just don't think he's worth what he's gonna get, and would rather go after some cheaper options, and more overall talent to the roster instead of putting our eggs in one or less baskets.

Liked Posts:
Too much is relative to what you have.

The Bears have a ton of space, especially considering they have 70+ million in cap space next year with only Kyle Long to possibly extend.

The late incompetence of Angelo and the consistent incompetence of Emery have left the Bears unable to be in cap hell.

I know the Bears have a ton of cap space...I'd rather sign 2 guys for his price than him. Just cuz they have the cap space doesn't mean they should overpay or spend unwisely. Depends how much he is actually gonna get, but the reports are too high for me personally.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
This is good news but not just because they may sign him. It shows the Bears are willing to sign at least one big money FA to buck up the defense. It also shows that the Bears prefer not to draft a 5Tech in the first round. If they thought the draft could land them one they probably would not go after one of the most sought out FA guys that plays DL. My guess is that Malik is their first option but if they cannot land him then Ian Williams is their next option and have Eddie shift over to the 5Tech position. This also shows to me that their intention is to improve the front 7 pass rush with one if not their only big splash FA signing on a 5Tech as opposed to OLB. To mind this is shrewd thinking on their part as I have stated in earlier posts it is pretty unrealistic to expect a rookie to step in and provide both quality run defense AND pass defense unless he is probably a top 5 pick. It also shows they probably will keep Lamar Houston and hope between Lamar McPhee and Willie under Fangio;s clever play calling they can put together a good enough pass rush as long as they can get some push from the 5Tech positions.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'd much rather have Damon Harrison