Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hypothetical.

Let's say Ryan Pace has 3 5-8 million dollar contracts to work with as his opening salvo in free agency.

What positions would you allocate those contracts to?

Defense, defense and lets goooooooooo defense.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
His run defense and interior pressure is worth a lot.

Lets wait and see if he gets 13 million.

I will support the move no matter. Grabbing 26 year old emerging stars is never a bad idea, In a normal market Jackson would never hit free agency, he just happened to line up with Miller being a FA.

Windy is right you do all you can to go after a guy like this.....

Only after thought you might have with the move would be the risk of him packing it in once getting the big deal... ala Albert Haynesworth or Donald Butler of the Chargers

but as you said Fox should know better than anyone, and should have a good feel for how big of a risk that would be with this guy.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Windy is right you do all you can to go after a guy like this.....

Only after thought you might have with the move would be the risk of him packing it in once getting the big deal... ala Albert Haynesworth or Donald Butler of the Chargers

but as you said Fox should know better than anyone, and should have a good feel for how big of a risk that would be with this guy.

Fox knew what he had in Terrence Knighton and this board still excoriated him and Pace when they passed last year.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I think Windy's offer is spot on. Get it done. Wouldn't go any higher though.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
the strongest position in the draft is DL. Does it makes sense to allocate so much cap space on a FA at the draft's deepest position?

PickSix

Liked Posts:
the strongest position in the draft is DL. Does it makes sense to allocate so much cap space on a FA at the draft's deepest position?

When you have a need for multiples, yes. And we have the cap. We could do this and Trevathan, and still have funds for at least two more high end FA's (or 3 2nd tier FA's), before you go dumpster diving to fill holes.
The only way that I'd say no is if we were certain this was the position being filled in rd 1.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fox knew what he had in Terrence Knighton and this board still excoriated him and Pace when they passed last year.

Hardest thing to do is to admit that we only have part of the information.

Same is true in the draft.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

If the guy is really good yes.

Best case scenario is our draft becomes as good as Jackson in a couple of years. More than likely he will not be as good.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rumor has it Detroit will be going after either Vernon or Jackson as well. But, there are a lot of rumors floating round out there right now.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Jaye Howard on re-signing w/ the Chiefs:

"It's kinda up in the air," Howard said when asked for an update on the status of his talks with the Chiefs. "Kansas City, you know, became home for me and my family, me and my wife and my two boys. They embraced this. I love the fans there, I love the organization. The front office staff is great, my teammates, I'm surrounded by great players. I would love to be there but ultimately at this point in my career it's about me and my family now."

"I'm open to going anywhere," Howard said. "I think my versatility is going to make me fit in any scheme. I will love to stay in Kansas City but I'm open to going anywhere that is going to allow me the opportunity to continue my success."

I honestly prefer Howard; he's going to come cheaper than Malik but with similar upside. C'mon Bears get on it.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
"It's kinda up in the air," Howard said when asked for an update on the status of his talks with the Chiefs. "Kansas City, you know, became home for me and my family, me and my wife and my two boys. They embraced this. I love the fans there, I love the organization. The front office staff is great, my teammates, I'm surrounded by great players. I would love to be there but ultimately at this point in my career it's about me and my family now."
I put this into my NFL free agency translator app and it came out:
Kansas City, the city sorta sucks and Missouri...seriously?

"I'm open to going anywhere," Howard said. "I think my versatility is going to make me fit in any scheme. I will love to stay in Kansas City but I'm open to going anywhere that is going to allow me the opportunity to continue my success."
Please someone get me the fuck outta here. I will play DT,NT,DE, hell I will cover punts, just get me the hell outta here.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I put this into my NFL free agency translator app and it came out:
Kansas City, the city sorta sucks and Missouri...seriously?

Please someone get me the fuck outta here. I will play DT,NT,DE, hell I will cover punts, just get me the hell outta here.

hmmmmm....mine must be glitchy, let me get back to you on that. It came out "my wife is a dollar sucking vortex like all of them and I will go to whoever is going to pay me the most."

Maybe something is off in my woman hating bias dampener. I'll check it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rumor has it Detroit will be going after either Vernon or Jackson as well. But, there are a lot of rumors floating round out there right now.

The Lions have 24 million in cap space.

Good luck to them.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
hmmmmm....mine must be glitchy, let me get back to you on that. It came out "my wife is a dollar sucking vortex like all of them and I will go to whoever is going to pay me the most."

Maybe something is off in my woman hating bias dampener. I'll check it.
You must have it stuck on Antonio Cromartie baby mamma mode.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Would be a great signing,i can dig it

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Seems like lazy reporting/speculation. Two former coaches may have interest in the top player on the market? Yeah I bet they do.