Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR 3m3 minutes ago
DE Mario Williams told teams he would sign right away if received an offer of $10M per season. #Giants, #Dolphins and #Jaguars interested

Mario Williams has sacked Manning the most

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin now
One player generating a ton of early interest? #Seahawks OG J.R. Sweezy. I'm told at least 10 teams have expressed serious interest.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 1m1 minute ago
For OG J.R. Sweezy, teams who've expressed interest: #Bucs, #Falcons, #Lions, #Dolphins, #Saints, #49ers, #Jags, #Bears, #Jets, others.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because we lit ChicagoBearsMikeFL on fire.

8894phoenixrising.jpg~c200

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 1m1 minute ago
For OG J.R. Sweezy, teams who've expressed interest: #Bucs, #Falcons, #Lions, #Dolphins, #Saints, #49ers, #Jags, #Bears, #Jets, others.

Solid starter OG with a ton of experience that wont cost a ton of money. Also will be 27 throughout all of next season.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 19s19 seconds ago
#Bears would be wise to stay away from J.R. Sweezy. Not sure what most teams see in him.

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 2m2 minutes ago
To keep in mind on Sweezy: He didn't play offensive line until he got to the @NFL. Was a defensive lineman with a nasty streak in college.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m2 minutes ago
Report: Browns pursuing Marvin Jones http://wp.me/p14QSB-9ZSe

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 19s19 seconds ago
#Bears would be wise to stay away from J.R. Sweezy. Not sure what most teams see in him.

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 2m2 minutes ago
To keep in mind on Sweezy: He didn't play offensive line until he got to the @NFL. Was a defensive lineman with a nasty streak in college.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 2m2 minutes ago
Report: Browns pursuing Marvin Jones http://wp.me/p14QSB-9ZSe

I agree with Aaron, Sweezy is really bad.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He really is not that bad. I wouldn't pay a ton for him, but he is an NFL starter.

He's pretty meh. Not flashy, but serviceable.

People forget that not every signing has to be a splash signing. The goal here is to win FA, and that means that sometimes you have to say no to overpaying for some of these guys that overproduced, and sign some middle of the road guys like sweezy.

Last edited:

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
He's pretty meh. Not flashy, but serviceable.

People forget that not every signing has to be splash signing. The goal here is to win FA, and that means that sometimes you have to say no to overpaying for some of these guys that overproduced, and sign some middle of the road guys like swazey.

IMO its the underrated signings that help build a team. Also if the Board calls for it I still think they draft a OG.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Terrance Knighton ‏@MisterRoast98 32m32 minutes ago

Thank you DMV for embracing me this year. Had a lot of fun on this years playoff run. The Pot Roast train has been told to move on! ✌��️

All aboard? lol

Why the fuck is he thanking the DMV? I don't know a single person who can stand one minute in that place. Which reminds me, I've gotta renew my license next week :(

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IMO its the underrated signings that help build a team. Also if the Board calls for it I still think they draft a OG.

Slauson was a pretty underrated signing at the time. Worked out really well

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
He really is not that bad. I wouldn't pay a ton for him, but he is an NFL starter.

I guess he's still got some upside but he's totally inconsistent and a penalty machine. He' barely an upgrade over duccasse and omameh. Shows the desperate nature of free agency and the "grass is always greener" mentality that drives it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I find it amusing that they actually call this a "tampering period"? I always thought that tampering meant that something untoward was happening. Am I wrong? Whoever came up with the name for these few days should go back to English class:(

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Mike I will offer my years of experience and deep understanding of the human mind to explain something about CCS that you may or may not get. First every poster that comes here with what is supposed to be insider info gets ravaged. I for one have always felt let someone prove themselves before giving a thumbs up or down. Why piss away a potentially valuable resource. However this rational position goes completely against the main current that drives this the majority of posters put someone down in order to build themselves and their friends up. The compulsiveness of this around here is absolutely off the charts. If these predators smell an ounce of blood in the water they jump strike like sharks. You offering inside info is like dumping ten dead bodies into a part of the ocean with 20 sharks and jumping in.

Thanks for the potential insight. Here are my FA picks reading the tea leaves of the Bears.
Top 2 targets Ian Williams and Tashaun Gipson.
Next priority a corner Sean Smith and Jenkins if its a price they can live with if not not sure who is next on their list
Last and least to my mind Shea and DeMario Davis for ILB
Not to be left out DE Jarvis Jenkins and probably draft a DE after the first round
TE Zach and after that not really sure if they keep Marty or sign an FA TE
After the dust has settled in FA they probably look for a reasonably priced OG or intend to sign Montgomery and play him at either C or OG
I hope like hell and am fairly confident they draft an OT in either the first or second round

You may want to consider running this list by your friend or at least some list you like and see if the guys eyes light up at any suggestion
For the record I have a very good history of predicting whom the Bears will draft in early rounds last year I picked Eddie for them in the second and White in the first along with most others who saw that coming I also predicted that would grab Urlacher in his draft

Take care dont be bashful if it can help us know whats going in the minds of the Bears power players

Yeah, no, he's a troll.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I find it amusing that they actually call this a "tampering period"? I always thought that tampering meant that something untoward was happening. Am I wrong? Whoever came up with the name for these few days should go back to English class:(

Glad to see you've recovered from last night's temp-permaragequit

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I guess he's still got some upside but he's totally inconsistent and a penalty machine. He' barely an upgrade over duccasse and omameh. Shows the desperate nature of free agency and the "grass is always greener" mentality that drives it.

Coaches are some of the cockiest people in the world every coach thinks he can make a player better. He has the physical tools to still continue to get better.