Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

BPo001

Liked Posts:
Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 8m8 minutes ago
Malik Jackson's reported asking price is close to $15M per year. #Bears could land Trevathan & Hicks/Howard for close to the same hit.

I'd rather see Chi move on from Jackson now and focus on Hicks/Howard. Let Oak and Jac fight for MJ and get one of the 2nd tier guys locked up. I'll take Trevathan and Hicks/Howard for the price of MJ any day of the week.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 5m5 minutes ago
Continue to hear the Jags making a very strong push for DEN DL Malik Jackson. Deal could be agreed to well before the start of league year

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
My guess is 5 years 55 million/32 guaranteed

Kyle Long is going to get some serious money.

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 6m6 minutes ago
More on the deal OG Osemele and the #Raiders have agreed to in principle: 5-year deal worth a maximum of $60M (!). Absolutely massive.

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 2m2 minutes ago
The highest paid guard in the league has been Mike Iupati at $8M per. This Osemele deal will reset the market in an incredibly radical way.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

More on the deal OG Osemele and the #Raiders have agreed to in principle: 5-year deal worth a maximum of $60M (!). Absolutely massive.

The highest paid guard in the league has been Mike Iupati at $8M per. This Osemele deal will reset the market in an incredibly radical way.

The deal is 5 years 58.5 million

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Yep, Long certainly is. And this take may not be popular... but I'm not sure he's worth that type of money. Guess it depends on if he ends up at tackle or not this year too.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Continue to hear the Jags making a very strong push for DEN DL Malik Jackson. Deal could be agreed to well before the start of league year

Goodbye Malik

Enjoy the 2 tone helmets and a mediocre coach.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Goodbye Malik

Enjoy the 2 tone helmets and a mediocre coach.

Oh he will....

image.jpg

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Tampering period is seriously lame

Why not just make FA start on Monday?

This two days speculation period is pointless! Just more hype and anticipation building for no reason.

The NFL has really gone down the crapper since Goodell took over

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
The deal is 5 years 58.5 million

27 year old who can play multiple positions along the OL and was an All Pro in 2014. That's not bad at all. Lane Johnson got extended where over the next six-years he'll get $63 million ($35.5 million guaranteed). Granted Lane has been a RT from the start and projects to become their LT once Jason Peters leaves, but overall the deals are about right.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
I'd give Malik 15m a year.

We've had Peppers on the books for 10m+ cap hit and not even playing here.

Jared Allen on the books for 10m+ cap hit and not even playing here.

Eddie Royal made 5m sitting on IR last year.

Jackson is a good player even if he will obviously be over paid 2-3m a year for the first 2 years of his contract.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
It got you talking about it. You already answered your own question. "Just more hype and anticipation...".

The NFL has the longest offseason by far of the four major sports and it's still the topic of conversation in March. Baseball also started yesterday, but no one cares because the NFL has a two day tampering window for free agency. They did exactly what they wanted to do.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago
The #Broncos are releasing guard Louis Vasquez, source said. Clearly some space, as he was to hit at $6.75M.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

lazy eye'd d-bag

Jason-La-Canfora.jpg

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Malik set to become the 4th highest paid DL in the league. That is insane. Glad we bowed out on those sweepstakes.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Mitchapalooza

Malik set to become the 4th highest paid DL in the league. That is insane. Glad we bowed out on those sweepstakes.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Yeah I much much much prefer Trevathan + Hicks or some other DEs

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Broncos' defensive end Malik Jackson about to join Jacksonville Jaguars http://www.9news.com/sports/broncos...n-about-to-join-jacksonville-jaguars/73923013 … via @@9NEWS #9news #9sports

I am totally good with this... how often do the top - overpaid FA's really truly pay off?....specially on Defense. Seems like very rarely. Obviously there are some exceptions, but overall its a risky prop. Malik Jackson feels like one of this years big over pay's. I know he's good player but is he THAT good!?

Like many others have said I'd much rather have 3 other good players over 1 great. Specially with the boat the Bears are in.
Would be stoaked with DannyT, Howard, and a secondary DB, heck we could still even land Jenkins if the CB market doesn't go nuts like some suggest.