Bears showing interest in Falcons OLB O'Brien Schofield

Cheap with a burst.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 26s26 seconds ago
Aaron Leming Retweeted Chris Marley
#Bears have serious interest in Jackson. Biggest issue will be price tag. Hard to see them meeting his market price.

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 8m8 minutes ago
Malik Jackson's reported asking price is close to $15M per year. #Bears could land Trevathan & Hicks/Howard for close to the same hit.

I'm out at 15. No no no.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 10m10 minutes ago
McManis on free agency: "I hope to be back. Definitely so. I love the coaching staff and feel I have done pretty well the last few years."

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 11m11 minutes ago
Source tells @NFLonFOX that @saints have agreed to terms with TE Michael Hoomanawanui on a 3-year contract

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 10m10 minutes ago
McManis on free agency: "I hope to be back. Definitely so. I love the coaching staff and feel I have done pretty well the last few years."

He is welcome to come back on special teams making the minimum.

He was horrendous on defense last season and I do not see how you can keep him over someone who may contribute on defense.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why waste time on this guy? 6 years in the league. Done nothing and has arthritis. Ugh.

The Bears already have about 18 million being paid at OLB.

Whoever they sign there will have to be basically free.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
McManis is great on special teams but I just do not know if we are going to have any spots open for him just for ST. Callahan showed he is a way better player in the slot as McManis struggled big time last year. I do not see the Bears bringing him back.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears 46s46 seconds ago
#Bears WR Alshon Jeffery has officially signed his franchise tag tender; can still ink long-term deal through 7/15.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The Bears already have about 18 million being paid at OLB.

Whoever they sign there will have to be basically free.

Yeah, thats why you put a draft pick out there. He played for close to 2 mil last year. That's not much but when you sign 2-3 guys like this that end up doing jack it costs you money that'd go to a starter. I really don't know much at all about the guy so maybe (probably) I'm full of shit. But he looks like the type of player you can replace with a low draft pick and at least have some upside.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Chicago Bears ‏@ChicagoBears 46s46 seconds ago
#Bears WR Alshon Jeffery has officially signed his franchise tag tender; can still ink long-term deal through 7/15.

:clap:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah, maybe. Or maybe i am better educated and far smarter than quite a few NFL GMs. Like these dipshits in SF, Philly, Miami, Cleveland, etc. - those GMs know more than me? Don't think so, you fools that hold these GMs in such high regard, lol, I submit to you Jerry Angelo and Phil Emery in case you have forgotten.

Hahahahaha there's absolutely no way in hell that you know more about the game of football than these football lifer GM's. You keep on thinking that though and make yourself feel good but there's 100% chance that you don't. You just keep posting on message boards about it though. lol

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Apparently the Raiders are still gunning hard for Malik Jackson.

Might be time for the Bears to step back, lock up Trevathan, and then get into the Howard, Hicks, Harrison pool.

I agree. If we can get Trevathon, J.Howard and re-sign a T.Porter or another CB or safety for the same price that M.Jackson would cost us then i'll take plan B 100 times over.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Look like Trevathan #1 on their list of not signed players.

Yeah it was already reported on here weeks ago by many of us that Trevathon would be our top target and he even said himself a long time ago that we'd be a top option.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I just don't know if M. Jackson is a franchise player, which is what his new contract might suggest. He played with great players on that DL with Wolfe, Miller and Ware.

This screams of a Flacco situation where the player cashes in after a well timed playoff/SB performance.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I just don't know if M. Jackson is a franchise player, which is what his new contract might suggest. He played with great players on that DL with Wolfe, Miller and Ware.

This screams of a Flacco situation where the player cashes in after a well timed playoff/SB performance.

Yeah i think it needs to be looked at strongly that he had a boatload of strong talent playing on each side of him which took a lot of the o-lines attention away from him.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
eesh...and the Jags with their ga-gillions in cap money haven't even generated any rumors yet, they gota be lurking as well.

I've heard they have Bruce Irvin in their sights for over $10M/season.

My guess is there will be some Seattle players that might be appealing. Jeremy Lane and Brandon Mebane would be logical fits with Gus Bradley being their head coach.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I agree. If we can get Trevathon, J.Howard and re-sign a T.Porter or another CB or safety for the same price that M.Jackson would cost us then i'll take plan B 100 times over.

absolutely, bears are looking at patrick robinson as well

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:

He's just not worth that kind of money. This stinks more of Byron Maxwell then it does Flacco. Flacco is a QB who made some massive plays in the playoffs to win a championship. That's all on him and he earned his money. Jackson was never doubled as OCs were shitting their pants with Miller and Ware coming off the edges. Whomever wins the M. Jackson sweepstakes will be losing football games.

Maybe one telling sign is when looking to extend players the Broncos gave Derek Wolfe a 4 year, $36,700,000 contract with $17,500,000 guaranteed. Granted that's a lot less than this rumored $15+M per season, but after the Superbowl they choose to extend Wolfe over Jackson.