Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Can't find any info whether or not he was. Originally a 6th round pick.

not sure this is the guy, especially when he has not been tendered yet and typically tier 3+ guys are not the priority during the tampering period.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Dwayne Allen had 16 catches in '15 & got 4-yr, $30 mill deal from #Colts. His agent? Drew Rosenhaus, who also reps #Bears TE Zach Miller.

This is the absolute most ridiculous signing i've seen in a while and absolutely counts us out on Z.Miller. 7+ million per for this guy is a joke. Not only does it hurt us in getting Miller back but it raises the prices on Fleener and L.Green and any other TE. It won't happen but we should just keep M.Bennett and draft a young kid but this draft isn't very good for TE's after H.Henry.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rand Geltin

Osmele to the Raiders is done.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Marty is an asset it would be foolish to just cut him when this is a sellers market for quality TE's. They will hold onto him as long as they need to until draft day which is plenty of time to see who still needs a TE before the draft which has very few guys ready to start at TE.

Yeah with D.Allen just getting 7+ per Bennett is a bargain price so i hope the Allen signing actually makes the market for Bennett bigger. I don't see us signing any TE until Bennett is gone though so they need to trade his ass asap.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
From PFT per Mahish Mehta who covers the Jets for the NY Daily News the Jets are interested in NT Nick Farley which means they probably dont want to pay Damon Harrison their NT who is UFA, big money. He also said they are interested in trading Muhammed Wilkerson. So how about the Bears take some of the money they were going to give Malik Jackson and take a shot at Wilkerson. I still prefer Ian Williams over Harrison at NT for the Bears because Ian has better pass rush chops. However Wilkerson to my mind is worth a 3rd pick and as much money as the Bears are willing to go. He is just the type of impact player the Bears are desperate for at the position they most need to spend money on a 5tech who is a serious pass rusher.

Of course might be willing to trade a second round pick for Wilkerson but that seems somewhat unlikely given second round picks are probably the best value in terms of money for their production if they become quality starters.

My top D-Linemen to get after M.Jackson is J.Howard first and then A.Hicks. Wilkerson will cost us too much in trade and then in salary. I obviously wouldn't hate having Wilkerson cause he's a difference maker on the line but hope it doesn't cost us too much which i don't see happening.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Rand Geltin

Osmele to the Raiders is done.

This is the first free agent signing.

Ian Rapoport
‏@RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago
#Raiders have an agreement with G Kelechi Osemele, per @Rand_Getlin. This was evident last night, as it got too rich for #Vikings & #Jets

Rand Getlin ‏@Rand_Getlin 12m12 minutes ago
Osemele's market was incredibly hot. When the deal is announced, it'll blow the top off of the OG market. Huge get for the #Raiders.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Ian Rapoport
#Raiders have an agreement with G Kelechi Osemele, per @Rand_Getlin. This was evident last night, as it got too rich for #Vikings & #Jets

Osemele's market was incredibly hot. When the deal is announced, it'll blow the top off of the OG market. Huge get for the #Raiders.

My guess is 5 years 55 million/32 guaranteed

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My guess is 5 years 55 million/32 guaranteed

My guess is all your prior speculations on $$ for signing the current crop of free agents is going to be incredibly low. It is what it is, all this talk about he isn't worth "that" kind of money is all relative.

A gallon of gas that you paid $1.75 for last week, is going to cost you $2.25 next week, and there isn't a dam thing you can do about it. Welcome to the future of the NFL.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 26s26 seconds ago
Aaron Leming Retweeted Chris Marley
#Bears have serious interest in Jackson. Biggest issue will be price tag. Hard to see them meeting his market price.

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 8m8 minutes ago
Malik Jackson's reported asking price is close to $15M per year. #Bears could land Trevathan & Hicks/Howard for close to the same hit.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 26s26 seconds ago
Aaron Leming Retweeted Chris Marley
#Bears have serious interest in Jackson. Biggest issue will be price tag. Hard to see them meeting his market price.

Get it done, next year a player of his talent will cost another 2 mill a year......

Monster O

Liked Posts:
This is what we need to happen. Raiders and Jaguars need to sign players at astronomical figures and then bears swoop in and get the quality of the leftovers.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is what we need to happen. Raiders and Jaguars need to sign players at astronomical figures and then bears swoop in and get the quality of the leftovers.

Lets hope Irvin to the Jags happens today and opens up a window for the Bears.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Dan Wiederer ‏@danwiederer 3m3 minutes ago
The more you look at the roster, if the Bears let Tracy Porter get away, they best have a firm Plan B lined up.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I am not a fan of Bruce Irvin so hopefully that happens.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I didn't hear i, but apparently Schefter was just on ESPN Radio and said

-Expect the Bears to land Trevathan

-Does not see them landing Jackson

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Jason Cole ‏@JasonColeBR 3m3 minutes ago
#Dolphins nearing a deal with DE Mario Williams on a new deal. May be worth roughly $8M per year. May allow team to cut DE Cam Wake.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:

Ian Rapoport

Thought agreement in principle was not allowed in the tampering period as well