Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Byron Maxwell got 6/63 million.

Janoris is probably looking at 12-13 million over 4-5 years.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
I would love either guy. Personally, I prefer Johnson but I think we have a more realistic/better shot at Jenkins.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
14 per would be my max. It would put him in the top 5 WR salaries for now, but he'd drop into the teens after another two years or so due to cap/contract inflation for everyone else that signs a new deal. As of now that would be about 20% of our cap space, but the contract could also be heavily front-loaded since we have a fuck ton of space right now (making it a very reasonable deal down the road when the cap will be tighter).

For some reason you are acting like signing Ashlon would somehow prevent them from picking up a guard and a third RB, which is in no way accurate. With 60+ mil in space they can sign Jerrifies as well as another 2 top-tier players or, more likely, 3-4 second-tier guys (I'd go with some combination of S, G, ILB, CB, or DL) then fill out the roster.

Not at all. I'd pay $14m as well but if he wants over and above that then I think it's hard to justify. I am sure he does.

I am fully aware that we can still sign a guard however if for all the money Jeffrey wants (that in the end we don't think he's worth) we can acquire Lamaar Miller, Rishard Matthews and Jeff Allen we'd then still have a tonne of money to spend on the defence.

For e.g. Danny Trevathan (ILB) -7m, Jaye Howard (NT) - 9m, George Iloki (SS) - 6m and Trumaine Johnson (CB) - 11m. I don't expect Johnson to make it to FA but if he did we could afford him having not re-signed Jeffrey. If we did re-sign Jeffrey I don't think there's room for Johnson.

I'd say that's ample compensation personally. All of the players above are young and on upward curves with no significant injury histories. Admittedly we are weaker at WR. There's no doubt about that. But just look at the players we have now and what that does to the talent on our roster. We need the White pick to work out but Matthews is definitely a solid No.2

I think Langford did very well last season in his first one but I am far from convinced that he's an actual lead running back. I think he's a complimentary one. I saw an article on his ypc on pure running plays and it wasn't impressive.

AJPRO

Liked Posts:
Personally, I think Byron got overpaid. Didn't do much to help his team. While on the flipside, Johnson, 8 picks. He's gonna get paid. Question is...who? Pernell McPhee and Johnson were teammates in High School. Could they reunite? Would be cool to see so

AJPRO

Liked Posts:
Byron Maxwell got 6/63 million.

Janoris is probably looking at 12-13 million over 4-5 years.

Personally, I think Byron got overpaid. Didn't do much to help his team. While on the flipside, Johnson, 8 picks. He's gonna get paid. Question is...who? Pernell McPhee and Johnson were teammates in High School. Could they reunite? Would be cool to see so

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
Jenkins is good but he isnt a top 15 corner in the league. He might not even be top 20. He got used and abused last year and that is with good talent surrounding him.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Jenkins is good but he isnt a top 15 corner in the league. He might not even be top 20. He got used and abused last year and that is with good talent surrounding him.

I don't think he's worth 12m that's for sure even with the salary cap increase. I believe I'd pay that for Johnson ish.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Most publications think last season was his best.

I am not sure where used and abused comes from.

Jenkins finished the 2015 season with 64 combined tackles, 15 passes defensed and three interception. He didn't blow anybody away with his interception number, but he was reliable and every bit a worthy starting cornerback. He did miss one game with an injury but ultimately, he's a surefire starter who the Rams may have trouble keeping. Somebody is going to give him a payday.

Last edited:

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
"Jenkins was easily the Rams' top corner in 2013, but with Cortland Finnegan now out of town, they're relying even more heavily on the gifted third-year player. Jenkins was an immediate difference maker as a rookie, but fell off some last season. He allowed seven touchdowns and a passer rating of 115.3. The Rams need Jenkins and fellow CB Trumaine Johnson to elevate their play in 2014."

"Jenkins, who turns 27 in October, is owed just over $1 million in salary and bonuses this season, the final year on his rookie deal. Jenkins looked like a future shutdown corner at Florida early in his college career, but has been an up-and-down disappointment with the Rams. Jenkins graded out 50th among 110 qualifiers in Pro Football Focus' cornerback ratings"

"Pro Football Focus ranked Jenkins as the 25th best corner back in the NFL in 2015 with an overall grade of 80.2.[16] At one point late in the season, Jenkins was ranked as high as the 11th best corner back in the NFL"

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
not really high on Jenkins, the guy just gets beat too much. Yes, he will make more impact plays but also seems to get burned more than other corners as well.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Buzz has Malik Jackson hitting the market.

Would be huge even if the Bears do not get him, the trickle down would be awesome.

Let Oakland spend big on him.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Buzz has Malik Jackson hitting the market.

Would be huge even if the Bears do not get him, the trickle down would be awesome.

Let Oakland spend big on him.

Yeah buddy. Let the games begin. March is coming up.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Did I read in here that Jacksonville may actually covet Jackson?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
NFL Draft Bites

Eagles will make strong push for Chiefs FA Guard Jeff Allen. Colts & Vikings are also interested. Bears lurking/monitoring market.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We gotta bring Allen home.

Jeff Allen interests me a ton.

Chicago native, University of Illinois, I wonder if that gives the Bears the inside track?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Jeff Allen interests me a ton.

Chicago native, University of Illinois, I wonder if that gives the Bears the inside track?

If they are so intent on keeping Long at RT then I would love Allen at RG. Would be able to help Long at times and he has a little experience at RT as well

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I think Malik Jackson is a very good player. He strikes me as the kind of guy who's going to get ridiculously overpaid. I think it gets really tough when evaluating elite defenses. Denver has a bunch of good to very good player on their defense. I'm not sure who is an elite difference maker other then Miller. Some of these guys are not going to be as good in other situations.