Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
If they are so intent on keeping Long at RT then I would love Allen at RG. Would be able to help Long at times and he has a little experience at RT as well

Curious to see what they do with right guard. I think Allen might be in line for a bigger payday then a lot of people expect. I'd love for the Bears to sign him at the right price. That might not be an option.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
I'd actually like to see us make a run at signing Anthony Davis once he's reinstated. He's young, and shouldn't cost us too much and will help out on the oline. I'm not completely sure but i think he can play either tackle spot, and with our tackle situation it would be a good move for us.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I'd actually like to see us make a run at signing Anthony Davis once he's reinstated. He's young, and shouldn't cost us too much and will help out on the oline. I'm not completely sure but i think he can play either tackle spot, and with our tackle situation it would be a good move for us.

Isn't he under contract with the niners still? Don't think I'm trading a draft pick for him.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
I was thinking Ronnie Hillman would be a good addition to platoon with Langford. Just not sold on Carey yet.

I actually love the way Carey runs, hard nosed, not a lot of finesse in his game. I think him and Langford will be a really good 1-2 punch in the ground game. If Langford should get hurt, I think Carey would do really well starting for however long he needs to.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rap Sheet

#Bills expected to franchise tag LT Cordy Glenn if they can't work out a long-term deal by March 1, sources say. Unlikely to hit the market

#Rams are leaning toward franchise tagging CB Trumaine Johnson, sources say. A bit unexpected, but there is a lot of outside interest in him

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Rap Sheet

#Bills expected to franchise tag LT Cordy Glenn if they can't work out a long-term deal by March 1, sources say. Unlikely to hit the market

#Rams are leaning toward franchise tagging CB Trumaine Johnson, sources say. A bit unexpected, but there is a lot of outside interest in him

Makes sense. Johnson has better size and is more consistent. He's going to garner a ton of interest. Jenkins is going to be an expensive gamble.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I actually love the way Carey runs, hard nosed, not a lot of finesse in his game. I think him and Langford will be a really good 1-2 punch in the ground game. If Langford should get hurt, I think Carey would do really well starting for however long he needs to.

I am not a Langford fan. I think he has bad instincts for a running back. I do think Carey has good potential and think that he will beat Langford out for the number one rb on the team.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Malik Jackson 5 years 57.5 million/35 guaranteed

Janoris Jenkins 5 years 50 million/25 guaranteed

Danny Trevathan 5 years 42.5 million/22 guaranteed

Jeff Allen 5 years 35 million/20 guaranteed

These are my max offers for the big name guys.

I know those are big offers, they are my max offers and hopefully you can get them for less.

THERIOT2

Liked Posts:
Paying big money in free agency on the DL in a draft that is the best DL draft in decades seems like a little bit of a mistake?

Furthermore Smith by most reports will miss at least the first half of the season. No way can we use our pick at # 11 for another Kevin White.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I am not a Langford fan. I think he has bad instincts for a running back. I do think Carey has good potential and think that he will beat Langford out for the number one rb on the team.

If I was a betting man, I would steal your money on that wager.

Except for injury, Langford will never be #2 to Carey. Langford has better speed, quickness, moves, vision and receiving abilities.

Carey's short-yardage success was a surprise. Rogers was going to be our bowling ball, till he got hurt. I'd still rather have a giant for SY, but Careys grabbed a niche.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Furthermore Smith by most reports will miss at least the first half of the season. No way can we use our pick at # 11 for another Kevin White.

Nevermind 11. There's little chance Smith gets selected before the 5th round.

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
He is a top 15 CB. Name me 14 others better.
Top of my head. Sherman, Peterson, Norman, Talib, Trufant, Haden, Davis, Harris Jr, Peters, Jimmy Smith, Malcom Butler, his teamate Johnson, Grimes, McCourty(TEN) that is 14 for sure. I would put Sean Smith and Rhodes ahead of him they are bigger and better but its debatable. You got Maxwell from Eagles your veterans like Joseph (HOU) or Hall (CIN) all debatable.

Im ok with Jenkins but there are way cheaper corners that is on par with him. Fuller, Ball, and Porter played good enough.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Top of my head. Sherman, Peterson, Norman, Talib, Trufant, Haden, Davis, Harris Jr, Peters, Jimmy Smith, Malcom Butler, his teamate Johnson, Grimes, McCourty(TEN) that is 14 for sure. I would put Sean Smith and Rhodes ahead of him they are bigger and better but its debatable. You got Maxwell from Eagles your veterans like Joseph (HOU) or Hall (CIN) all debatable.

Im ok with Jenkins but there are way cheaper corners that is on par with him. Fuller, Ball, and Porter played good enough.

Give me Jenkins over Peters, Butler, Grimes and McCourty. Maxwell was absolutely horrible last season.

I would put Jenkins at #11.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I understand he haf a good season but I will take a more seasoned and accomplished Jenkins over the rookie at this point in time.

I'd gamble on the young guy with upside but that's just me.

Liked Posts:
its safe to say neither jenkins or johnson are hitting the free agent market. the rams cut lauranitis, long and cook for a reason and thats to resign their top two corners...now the rams have as much cap space as the bears, little to no chance either one makes it out of LA.

Yeah he isn't going anywhere. Just too good to be true of a scenario. I would have loved to see in in Navy & Orange though, he would be the perfect fit for a system puts a high premium on CB play.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
If the Browns trade for him, it could help a QB fall to them but SF would draft a QB then.
But maybe chip Kelly will talk them into drafting somebody ridiculous.

"And with the seventh pick in the 2016 draft the San Fransisco forty niners select Ben Hogan"

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk