Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Langford played WR and corner, as well as RB, in college. Do you even bother paying attention to the careers of the guys you talk about?

Langford does have a lot of drops to clean up. Pretty sure his drop % was up there.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Langford does have a lot of drops to clean up. Pretty sure his drop % was up there.

Of course he does, he was a rookie. I'll start worrying if he has butterfingers in his second campaign.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You're welcome?

funky

Liked Posts:
Any thoughts about Courtney Upshaw ?

per waltertooball
2/26: The Ravens hinted that they won't be able to re-sign Courtney Upshaw. -

BearDovvn

Liked Posts:
Any thoughts about Courtney Upshaw ?

per waltertooball
2/26: The Ravens hinted that they won't be able to re-sign Courtney Upshaw. -

Two down run stuffing LB that needs to be subbed out on passing downs. I like him better than Acho at the right price of course.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Two down run stuffing LB that needs to be subbed out on passing downs. I like him better than Acho at the right price of course.

Don't want either. Need to get younger at OLB. Not that he's old, but I'd rather get an actual pass rusher.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
ESPN Falcons reporter Vaughn McClure reports free agent ILB Danny Trevathan is "high on the Falcons' radar."
Current Falcons defensive coordinator Richard Smith is Trevathan's old position coach in Denver. Per McClure, "word is" the Falcons are willing to pay $5 million to $6 million per year to upgrade their linebacker corps. Atlanta is expected to face competition from the Bears for Trevathan's services.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
ESPN Falcons reporter Vaughn McClure reports free agent ILB Danny Trevathan is "high on the Falcons' radar."
Current Falcons defensive coordinator Richard Smith is Trevathan's old position coach in Denver. Per McClure, "word is" the Falcons are willing to pay $5 million to $6 million per year to upgrade their linebacker corps. Atlanta is expected to face competition from the Bears for Trevathan's services.

That won't be enough for him.

BearDovvn

Liked Posts:
im hoping for a post combine/pre free agency mock off season from you today. ?

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
He dropped some crucial balls this season.

Thank you for knowing what he did in college though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That one diving catch i think against the rams was legit. Langford looked good. Watching Forte for so many years i forgot what it was like to see a RB hit the holes with speed.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That one diving catch i think against the rams was legit. Langford looked good. Watching Forte for so many years i forgot what it was like to see a RB hit the holes with speed.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I question his on the field vision. He isn't very "nifty" on the field. What Forte has is excellent ability to adjust if the play does get blocked decently. Different style of runner than Langford in my book. I like Carey more than Langford.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
I question his on the field vision. He isn't very "nifty" on the field. What Forte has is excellent ability to adjust if the play does get blocked decently. Different style of runner than Langford in my book. I like Carey more than Langford.
I don't care about nifty. I care about an RBs ability to see the holes and get to the second level consistently. Langford did that last year. I also like that Langford can get YAC. He runs hard and physical for his size.

My main concern is the drops. I thought he'd have better hands being a former WR, but I'll cut him some slack being a rookie.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I don't care about nifty. I care about an RBs ability to see the holes and get to the second level consistently. Langford did that last year. I also like that Langford can get YAC. He runs hard and physical for his size.

My main concern is the drops. I thought he'd have better hands being a former WR, but I'll cut him some slack being a rookie.

langford is far from a finished product, his biggest asset is catching the ball, he has great speed in hitting the hole but he was terrible in breaking tackles and went down fairly easily with contact. This is where carey showed his worth imo...watching carey, the guy runs hard and with authority, i prefer to see him as the early down back or have them both on the field.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
langford is far from a finished product, his biggest asset is catching the ball, he has great speed in hitting the hole but he was terrible in breaking tackles and went down fairly easily with contact. This is where carey showed his worth imo...watching carey, the guy runs hard and with authority, i prefer to see him as the early down back or have them both on the field.
I'll disagree on the breaking tackles part. He didn't go down easy and runs hard. Carey is better in that regard, but Langford doesn't go down easy on first contact.

I'm not conserned at all about his ability to run. It's his pass catching that he needs to work on.

He can be a huge weapon in the passing game as we saw on that seam route vs San Diego where he made the great over the shoulder catch. And he's dangerous when he gets into the open field as we saw against the Rams.

Hopefully his drops were just a case of rookie jitters and adjusting to the pro game.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Is Langford a feature 3-down back? I don't know, but Fox likes RB by committee and Carey showed some promise last year. I'm comfortable going into the season with those guys as our #1 and #2, but Langford can't afford the drops he had last year.