Free Agency Rumors and Discussion

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Another thing I like about Trevathan.

I am a huge fan of signing guys with rings.

Guys who know what it takes to win a championship, guys who have played on great teams and been in winning locker rooms.

McPhee, was huge to the Bears culture.
Rolle, injured but the media raved about how he was in the locker room and with the young players.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Another thing I like about Trevathan.

I am a huge fan of signing guys with rings.

Guys who know what it takes to win a championship, guys who have played on great teams and been in winning locker rooms.

McPhee, was huge to the Bears culture.
Rolle, injured but the media raved about how he was in the locker room and with the young players.

All depends on if he wants elite money or if he is going to be realistic.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Danny will sign the day free agency opens,he has said on numerous occasions that he loves fox and i believe pace will be pushing hard for him.If we can get him,jenkins and an olinemen in free agency and go all in DL in the first few picks in the draft it would do wonders and make me VERY optomistic about the coming year

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
With Zack Miller hitting the market, I think he will get signed by someone, and the unknown to Bennett, I also assume with Bears letting ZM hit the market, that might mean they might prefer to keep MB for his last season but who knows.... Weak TE crop this FA, but I only one who peeks my interest is Coby Fleener.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
I have my doubts that Pace is going to pay what is probably going to be a high market price for Trevathan. His SB ring will certainly up his value on the market.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
With Zack Miller hitting the market, I think he will get signed by someone, and the unknown to Bennett, I also assume with Bears letting ZM hit the market, that might mean they might prefer to keep MB for his last season but who knows.... Weak TE crop this FA, but I only one who peeks my interest is Coby Fleener.

I believe there is a good chance Bears will get Zack back to Chitown. Its a big hard to imagine a team over paying for someone who took so long to stay healthy and produce. The question is how much love is there in the eye of the beholder with the checkbook.

dafridge72

Liked Posts:
I would rather pay for a younger TE then shell out 5 mill a year for a 32 year old injury prone player.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have my doubts that Pace is going to pay what is probably going to be a high market price for Trevathan. His SB ring will certainly up his value on the market.

I think the Bears are going to pay a couple of big ticket contracts 7 million +.

Badmotherfocker

Liked Posts:
I agree Windy. I think we see 2-3 of the mid level contracts as well as some value signings. I wouldn't get my hopes up on Jenkins as he will price himself out of Pace's comfort zone.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Trevathan isn't worth 7mil per year, but +60mil in cap space is going to have to get spent somehow. Might as well spend it at a position where the Bears have nothing but replacement-level players.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears are going to pay a couple of big ticket contracts 7 million +.

I'd say 1 in the 8Mil+ range (D front 7), 2 guys in the 4-6M/year range (guard, DB, front 7, TE), re-signing a couple of our own guys, and then the typical 1 year deals. Basically the same philosophy as last year, but with a little more money being thrown around.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Trevathan isn't worth 7mil per year, but +60mil in cap space is going to have to get spent somehow. Might as well spend it at a position where the Bears have nothing but replacement-level players.

Didn't 15 of it just get spent on Jeffery?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If he says on the tag and they can't work out a long term deal, yes.

Obviously. But my point is....that 60M goes fast. Generically speaking, 15 on Jeffery. Get a Trevathan that's about 8M. A decent OG (6M), Ian Williams or the like (6M), re-sign Porter and Miller (I think Porter gets 5-6M, Miller 4-5), low end, 9M total. That's 44Mil, give another 6.5 to the draft class, over 50M. Then add 1 year deals here and there, save money for any in-season additions.....and there's your cap space.

Obviously, you can structure things differently, hence me saying generically speaking.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Obviously. But my point is....that 60M goes fast. Generically speaking, 15 on Jeffery. Get a Trevathan that's about 8M. A decent OG (6M), Ian Williams or the like (6M), re-sign Porter and Miller (I think Porter gets 5-6M, Miller 4-5), low end, 9M total. That's 44Mil, give another 6.5 to the draft class, over 50M. Then add 1 year deals here and there, save money for any in-season additions.....and there's your cap space.

Obviously, you can structure things differently, hence me saying generically speaking.

No way Porter deserves that kind of money are you kidding me?!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I could see Trevathan [7 million]

And 3-4 4-6 million dollar guys being a serious option for the Bears.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
No way Porter deserves that kind of money are you kidding me?!

Look at the FA signings from last year. Who would you compare Porter to? He's not in the class of the guys who got the big multiyear deals.

He's 5 years younger than Rasean Mathis who got 2/2.5.
He's better than Brice McCain who got 2/5.5
Perish Cox got 3/15Mil and he was in a similar boat to where Tracy Porter is now. Cox was 28 last offseason, started most of the year for SF and was pretty good in 2014 after 2 injury plagued seasons. Porter is 29. Started and played well most of the year after being injured for a couple seasons. Throw in the fact that Porter has a better performance history than Cox and the cap is increased....I could definitely see TP getting 3/15.