Free Agent Summit Has Taken Place

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I the only who thinks that this won't be a big factor in where they end up?

ChIBears213

Liked Posts:
If that's true, that's pretty terrible.

So the idea is there's a chance for Cleveland but the deal is:

1. Go to Miami if they can trade Beasley

2. Go to Chi if they can't.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if the Heat got these 3, they'd have to fill out their roster w/ minimum salary players

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Just more ESPN chatter. Some user in the discussion part of the story "claims" his friend saw Bosh with Noah at some resturant called Geno's in Chicago.

Choose what you want to believe though ya know..

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
On ESPN's bottom ticker it said after Bron, Bosh and Wade met they are all highly considering Miami and that is there #1 choice, not good!

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if they all chose Miami then fuck all of them. And good luck in basketball hell the next couple years

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
James has an ego to feed. He will not be able to share the shine with Wade's ego. Don't be sold on him to MIA.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
After I saw that I became really not very confident any more :(

ChIBears213

Liked Posts:
I hope no one wants Beasley and it messes up their plan.

But this is pretty bad news.

But this is also somewhat funny. Wade + LeBron + Bosh is a great team but too bad your bench will be the worst in the NBA, your PG is okay and you don't have a Center. Also say goodbye to Haslem.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Even if the Heat got these 3, they'd have to fill out their roster w/ minimum salary players

Yep. While Chicago isnt exactly deep, we can have a proven starter in all 5 starting positions and at least one proven player on the bench in Taj. Then you at least have JJ who has a year experience. Not a lot but he's seen playoff time. He's had a year of NBA coaching and mentoring from guys like Deng and Miller. By opening night, i think youll get more from him than the Heat would from some randoom dleaguer.

Look at Richards. While he did a ok job at best at times for us, these are the type of players the heat will have to settle with. They cant afford Vet minimums and they cant get the MLE.

ChIBears213

Liked Posts:

I think it's pretty much who wants Beasley now.

If no one wants him, we still have a chance. If someone takes him, we're screwed.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
uggggh, didn't want to hear that!

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
here's the transcript of the meeting:

Bosh: sup fellas?
Wade and Bron: sup
Bosh: so where yall playin next season?
Bron: shit iunno, u?
Bosh: shit idk
[Bron lights up joint]
Bosh: pass that shit
*smokes up*
Wade: so yall comin to M-I-A with my fellas, right?
[Bron and Bosh smokin up]
Bosh: um yea that sound pretty good
Wade: c'mon Bron you got to come too
Bron: *laughin* *puffs*
Wade: so what do you think? will you think about it?
Bron: quit trippin man ill do it. so we gettin some bitches in here or what

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Dude you buy into every rumor you hear. Think logically. Theres no fucking way they all go to MIA. I'll bet my CCS name on it.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Dude you buy into every rumor you hear. Think logically. Theres no fucking way they all go to MIA. I'll bet my CCS name on it.

He is think WOW, Chalmers, me, Bosh, Wade all on the same team? That seems like a championship team to me! Plus, who wouldn't want to play with their friends.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think it's pretty much who wants Beasley now.

If no one wants him, we still have a chance. If someone takes him, we're screwed.

No ones taking Beasley because they know its the key to bringing those three players together. That combined with Beasleys pea brain and off the court troubles=going no where.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
some desperat team could like Beasley and his potential.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He is think WOW, Chalmers, me, Bosh, Wade all on the same team? That seems like a championship team to me! Plus, who wouldn't want to play with their friends.

LOL you think he said Chalmers?ummm no!

What championship teams have you been watching? All championship teams can protect the paint. They have depth to their team. Youre not going to win anything with three superstar players, a blow average PG and a head case. Chalmers couldnt beat out Arroyo for the most part last season.

What happens if any of the three get hurt? Not hurt long term but hurt like, i have to play less minutes or miss a couple games. Theres no room for that on that team. If any of them get into foul trouble, youre screwed. It would take a team from NASA to join up with John Hollinger to figure out a way to manage the minutes. I think i already mentioned it but that team cannot afford any vets and they dont get the MLE.

Now you look at the Bulls and can essentially say the same thing but at least we can fill out the starting 5 and have a good player on the bench. You can figure out a way to work those guys in with backups. Pat Riley knows how to build championship teams and i guarantee this isnt the way. The only thing possible is them all taking a major pay cut to put more pieces in place but thats not happening because you could come to Chicago where there are pieces and make more money. And David Stern would never allow three superstars on one team making 10M a year.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
some desperat team could like Beasley and his potential.
The Nets didnt trade Keyon Dooling for Beasley weeks ago...Nets just released Dooling yesterday. That gives you an idea about Beasleys worth among league execs.