Fuller Could Be Gone

dennehy

Liked Posts:
To each their own.
I would continually be ripping on them if that were the case and I just can't be bothered with that anymore.
Decades of seeing the same old thing will do that to you.
I was expecting dumb things, but not to put yourself in a position to lose Fuller for nothing. That seems like a bridge too far.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To any/all,
What was your expectation for paying the new QB? Any QB?
The only acceptable option is to draft a rookie & have Foles start until ready? This is still an option, esp. if they trade Foles.
FWIW I'm not thrilled either that Dalton's an underpaid shitty starter or overpaid backup plan redundant to Foles, but the level of CCS meltdown over cap space here is astonishing.

Wasn't it always ARob or Fuller or Hicks/others likely needing to go? Can only extend so much and so many.

We can all agree they need to at least trade him for something. No way they release Fuller for nada. Nothing's been done just yet. Fingers crossed.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Imagine giving Andy Dalton 3x his worth despite having a carbon copy of him on the roster already and then letting go of one of your best and most consistent players for nothing, because you have no money.

And people want to say Pace is better than Emery.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would put the blame on the bloated contracts on defense for the reason we might cut Fuller. Quinn specifically

Montucky

Liked Posts:
If Pace actually lets it come to this with Fuller he's basically unraveling under the pressure of having to save his own job.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
I would put the blame on the bloated contracts on defense for the reason we might cut Fuller. Quinn specifically
Kyle Fuller is arguably the Bears best player on the entire roster these days. And he plays a premium position. If this was to clear space for Trent Williams (also a premium player at a premium position) I could understand it, just with how great Kindle Vildor and Jaylon Johnson played last season as rookies. But it won't be for that, its literally because they cannot afford Andy Dalton and Allen Robinson II without making big cuts.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kyle Fuller is arguably the Bears best player on the entire roster these days. And he plays a premium position. If this was to clear space for Trent Williams (also a premium player at a premium position) I could understand it, just with how great Kindle Vildor and Jaylon Johnson played last season as rookies. But it won't be for that, its literally because they cannot afford Andy Dalton and Allen Robinson II without making big cuts.

This was a topic of discussion even before ARob and Dalton.

Fuller was going to have to be extended to lower his cap hit.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Fuller has been a steady top 5 corner the last 3 seasons and even a all-pro caliber one at times. He deserves better than this miserable organization, I hope he goes to the Patriots

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears restructured Fuller’s deal and created this bloated year so they could sign Quinn, Graham, and trade for Foles.

The cap is real... it is about to cost us our #1 CB.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
To let Fuller go for nothing because you had to sign Andy Dalton would not be ideal.

At this point I'd be for it.

I want to see what peak dick rippage looks like.

???

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Good point. Can’t afford Fuller at $20 mil when you’re giving $19M to Foles and Dalton.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
bears should just tank

enough with the half measures

another 8-8 season and they will be exactly where they are today
Tanking doesn't work, so I don't know why anyone would still try and do it after the evidence has come in so conclusively. That said, its fairly obvious the Bears are tanking. When its intentional or not I can't exactly say.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
bears should just tank

enough with the half measures

another 8-8 season and they will be exactly where they are today
It would appear that's what they are doing and not even trying

Just wait until they can't sign AR long term and he leaves next year (unless they tag him again, but highly unlikely).

:grimmace:

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It would appear that's what they are doing and not even trying

Just wait until they can't sign AR long term and he leaves next year (unless they tag him again, but highly unlikely).

:grimmace:
Allen Robinson II is very unlikely to even suit up on the franchise tag. It seems more likely that it deteriorates into a Le'veon Bell situation than he plays on the tag.