Fuller Could Be Gone

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The writing was on the wall for all of this when they kept Pace, but it looks like it's still going to be about worst case scenario for future cap, where every last nickel that could potentially be pushed forward in restructure will be, and the roster will still be no better than last year.

We'll see if he's going to leave anything for the next re: draft capital.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Waiting hurts more. Your good players are a year older and worth less if want to trade them. And the gm is already pushing the cap in future years into cap hell. Just wait until he makes a few trades involving future draft picks. You fire someone when you figure out they stink ASAP
The cap damage Pace is doing to years he won’t be here is getting ridiculous.

Wasting future cap and an entire draft is pointless

Perspective

Liked Posts:
I will tell you how they made it under the cap without cutting Fuller or Hicks.

They Frankensteined already bad deals with Graham and Quinn.

More money was dumped into future years. Really bad money.

You must be working in the NFL offices then to know all of this....oh wait you don't know anything.... just like your dumb off season mocks none of which make any sense and none of which ever come to fruition .... keep signing players who never did anything in the NFL to ridiculous contracts lol ....

Reality is it was already announced they restructured Mack EJax etc and created more than 24M in space. All smart teams do that.... look at the Saints. They were in way worse shape and yet have been signing players like Winston etc .... or the Texans who also have cap issues and yet signed Tyrod freaking Taylor ....

Meat ball fans.... keep talking ignorant trash without knowing anything ....standard procedure here

JGONBORICUA14

Liked Posts:
does anyone have an idea on what the bears could fetch in a trade for Kyle Fuller in this market??

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
does anyone have an idea on what the bears could fetch in a trade for Kyle Fuller in this market??
Not as much as you think. He's aging and needs a new contract

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
You must be working in the NFL offices then to know all of this....oh wait you don't know anything.... just like your dumb off season mocks none of which make any sense and none of which ever come to fruition .... keep signing players who never did anything in the NFL to ridiculous contracts lol ....

Reality is it was already announced they restructured Mack EJax etc and created more than 24M in space. All smart teams do that.... look at the Saints. They were in way worse shape and yet have been signing players like Winston etc .... or the Texans who also have cap issues and yet signed Tyrod freaking Taylor ....

Meat ball fans.... keep talking ignorant trash without knowing anything ....standard procedure here
That 24 million from those restructures doesn't pay for everything they've done

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

They did those restructures to Mack/Ejax etc, just to get under the cap before they signed Dalton and Ifedi, try to keep up here. Oh, and it's called a "Mock" for a reason, so fuck off. No one said you had to read them.

Last edited:

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Sounds like Dalton and Ifedi are not on the books officially yet. Hence why no moves were made at the deadline. Hicks and fuller may still be on the move.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
ARII hasn’t signed his tag yet so couldn’t that be why they are under the cap?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
ARII hasn’t signed his tag yet so couldn’t that be why they are under the cap?
I was just thinking this. Not sure whether the FT tender counts even before it's signed, because he could sign it at any time and put them over the cap. That leads me to believe it already counts but I'm not sure.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I thought they would try to trade Hicks.

If he agreed to a pay cut with more guaranteed money there might be someone who would give a 6th or 7th. The Broncos could afford it, and it would be great to see him back with Fangio. They also need a DT.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
No one is trading for Hicks. They're just going to wait for him to be cut.... and sadly I think it's a given now. Fuller seems like he wants way more than they want to pay too so who knows what happens there.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hicks getting cut should come as no surprise; I am however surprised they haven't cut Graham yet.

I think it's funny, and this is just an observation, that when the collective refer to the bears in a positive note it's typically "we" and when it's negative it's "they". More gummies please.

kalmavet

Liked Posts:
I'd still be shocked if fuller plays the season at his current salary. He's either extended or gone

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Bears are about 14mil over the cap per Spotrac.
They cut Hicks, that saves 10.5mil.
Graham is making 7mil salary, convert it to signing bonus add on a voidable year and they save 3.5mil there.
There still have to be some more signings, plus their rookie pool this year is probably about $4-5m. Each signing now knocks a minimum salary off the cap, but those are only $500k or so.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
yep, didn't forget about the rookie pool but that will come later.
They just need to be at the cap now.
I wonder how long they have to make all these guys "official".
I'm sure there are going to be many additions here/subtractions there throughout the next several months.
Yep, it's going to be busy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Something likely has to happen today or tomorrow with the defensive guys.

Never listen to people who tell you the cap is not real. We are dealing with it now.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bears are about 14mil over the cap per Spotrac.
They cut Hicks, that saves 10.5mil.
Graham is making 7mil salary, convert it to signing bonus add on a voidable year and they save 3.5mil there.

I would ignore Spotrac and OTC for a bit. They never seem to be accurate this time of year with all the moves going on.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Something likely has to happen today or tomorrow with the defensive guys.

Never listen to people who tell you the cap is not real. We are dealing with it now.

All depends on how much farther down the road you want to kick the can. There's ways to keep all these guys on the team if you really want to.