I'll take Melisandre for the win. Witch sex- that has to be hot

carice-van-houten.jpg

agreed..my favorite woman on the show

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah the sand snakes suck..book readers hyped them up too much

They can't act, and the fight scene was laughable. Plus those goofy looking cowboy boot genie slippers make me chuckle.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Even the scene where they're discussing "going to war" and dude gets the spear through his head was laughable.

Worst scenes in the show except for the attempted Theon/Reek rescue that ended before it even started. That shit made no sense. Everyone just walked away?

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
yeah the sand snakes suck..book readers hyped them up too much
That's because the books were totally different when it came to the sand snakes.

In the beginning of A Feast of Crows, the three eldest Sand Snakes come up with various plans to avenge their father, none involves harming Myrcella:

Obara, who relies most on martial prowess and brute force, demands her uncle to give her and Nymeria an army, that she can sack Oldtown while Nymeria heads to King's Landing.

Nymeria, the most cunning of the sisters, suggests that she and Tyene will lead a precision strike: to assassinate Tywin, Cersei, Jaime, and Tommen.

Tyene's plan is to crown Myrcella in order to provoke the Lannisters and Tyrells into attacking Dorne, then the Dornish will bleed them in the passes and bury them beneath the blowing sands.

The eldest heir regardless of gender was the rightful heir in Dorne.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Gotta confess been slightly disappointed with this season thus far. Never really cared about the Sansa or Jon Snow story arcs. I love Stannis and the Lannister clan is the most interesting, by far. Not enough Tyrion and Tywin is dead. Hanging in because I've invested four seasons- but hoping it picks up some steam in the remaining episodes

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta confess been slightly disappointed with this season thus far. Never really cared about the Sansa or Jon Snow story arcs. I love Stannis and the Lannister clan is the most interesting, by far. Not enough Tyrion and Tywin is dead. Hanging in because I've invested four seasons- but hoping it picks up some steam in the remaining episodes

Agreed regarding the season. Sansa is my least favorite character.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

There has been some decent content this season, but yeah it has been a bit slow.... I think it is a symptom of them using season 5 to cover maybe 30-50% of the content at the beginning of books 4 and 5.

Often Martin's writing does a good amount of setup for the bigger plot points and in this case we are dealing with alot of setup content spanning character arcs in 2 different books, both of which are decent sized books.

In order to cover both books simultaneously I think it was inevitable that you would get a slower season 5, hopefully climaxing with some interesting stuff and setting up for a more exciting season 6.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was hoping she would kill Ramsey. Alas she has no courage whatsoever. I wonder if she is really a Stark at all.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wonder if Brohn is going to introduce the girls to his own version of a SAND SNAKE:) "You fight pretty good for a little girl"!!!!! Great Line

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
There's an interesting spoiler going around-- the script from tyene's audition tape.

It concerns
the wound bronn suffered in that fight with the sand snakes and how oberyn's bitches like poison

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There has been some decent content this season, but yeah it has been a bit slow.... I think it is a symptom of them using season 5 to cover maybe 30-50% of the content at the beginning of books 4 and 5.

Often Martin's writing does a good amount of setup for the bigger plot points and in this case we are dealing with alot of setup content spanning character arcs in 2 different books, both of which are decent sized books.

In order to cover both books simultaneously I think it was inevitable that you would get a slower season 5, hopefully climaxing with some interesting stuff and setting up for a more exciting season 6.
I'll take a stab at this. I'm pretty sure the end of this season is going to piss a lot of people off.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll take a stab at this. I'm pretty sure the end of this season is going to piss a lot of people off.

I haven't read the books, so when you say pissed off, the Capt. Obvious in me is thinking at least 2 of the main characters (and not the hated ones) will be dead. I only hope they can take some of the evil with them.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I haven't read the books, so when you say pissed off, the Capt. Obvious in me is thinking at least 2 of the main characters (and not the hated ones) will be dead. I only hope they can take some of the evil with them.

Or leaving us with some fucking cliffhanger. Personally the cliffhanger would piss me off far more than the deaths of some protagonists.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:

Or leaving us with some fucking cliffhanger. Personally the cliffhanger would piss me off far more than the deaths of some protagonists.
'

I think that Ramsey will successfully defend Stark manor from Stannis. The last scene will be Ramsey telling Sansa "Honey I'm Home, lets celebrate! Reek get your ass in here and undress Sansa for me..."

that will piss plenty of people off for the next 10 months. :troll:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think a couple years ago, people figured mr martin could outpace the show. now, I don't think he gives a shit as long as his story is told, and there is nothing wrong with that. But I don't think there are going to be any more books if his development deal with HBO for other series is any indication. Rejoice, book-reader-haters!