CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
So does the Queen of the Never Ending Story end up getting grayscale?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So does the Queen of the Never Ending Story end up getting grayscale?

That would be kinda lame....

If she lets Jorah ride one of the dragons I wonder if he can give the dragon grayscale?

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
If fire didn't burn her, is she immune to that?

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah fuck dany for leaving that light skinned goddess to die for a bitch ass dragon

and on a side note if the sons of the harpy almost took out the biggest dragon alone a army would destroy them all..untrained and no rider i suppose

Well... Drogon is still growing. He is still essentially a child. Go look up Aegon's Dragon.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stannis did what Stannis has done all series- rely on the red witch to lead him to power. No surprise he sacrificed his own daughter.

When Dany rode off on Drogon- was she leaving the rest of her party to die at the hands of those masked idiots? Fuck this- I'm outta here.

Stannis is portsyed completely differently in the books. I like how the producers are taking a different medium and give it different stories. It gives the book readers a surprise too. But, what was Dany suppose to do, let Drogon die? Her riding Drogon away from the scene was significant in that she was conquering her fear of hear babies. Drogon actually respects her now.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Stannis being some great military mind, but stupid Ramsay can wreck his shit with 20 guys during the night?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
At least they didn't show Ser Meryn rape the child.... that scene would have been weird.

Btw does anyone else recall Stannis and Davos going to visit the Iron Bank? Nothing ever really came of that as far as I could tell, I am wondering if Stannis' venture to the Wall was funded by them and it was just not made apparent in the show or if they plotted something else.... maybe the Iron Bank helps Stannis kill the leadership in King's Landing.... Mace Tyrell calls for Tommen and Ser Kevan to come to Bravos, all 3 get murdered.... power vacuum perhaps?

The Iron Bank loaned Stannis money to buy the army of sell swords he used to break the Wildling army. And the one that's currently freezing to death.

The amount of sell swords was mentioned an episode or two ago by Davos.

BigTom

Liked Posts:
Stannis is portsyed completely differently in the books. I like how the producers are taking a different medium and give it different stories. It gives the book readers a surprise too. But, what was Dany suppose to do, let Drogon die? Her riding Drogon away from the scene was significant in that she was conquering her fear of hear babies. Drogon actually respects her now.

Stannis ..... He is not the Azor Ahai. He is going to feel worse when he finds that Jon Snow is the Azor Ahai.

Im not sure there even is an Azor Ahai in the show. Has that ever even been brought up? This whole episode was a huge disappointment. I try to separate the show from the books but I couldnt for this episode. After the episode D&D said Martin told them Stannis was going to burn Shireen eventually so they spoiled the books and did it first for shock value.

The show has treated the Unsullied like red shirts. These are supposed to be the most badass well trained fighters in the world.

And the final scene with Drogon was pretty much the opposite of the books. The show was pretty much Dany saving Drogon by getting his ass out of there. The books Drogon shows up, kicks ass and murders a bunch of people, and challenges Dany to get off her ass and start using her dragons, then he takes off with her. There seemed like a real possibility in the books that he was going to kill her if she didnt respond to his challenge. Just a weak ass episode.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I thought the daughter-burning was a bit messed up, but hardly surprised me. Stannis is obsessed with his right to the throne and doesn't hesitate to do the crazy shit Red (W/B)itch tells him to do. He might be arguably more honorable than some of the other characters in the show, but that's not exactly a big compliment. Very cold.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im not sure there even is an Azor Ahai in the show. Has that ever even been brought up? This whole episode was a huge disappointment. I try to separate the show from the books but I couldnt for this episode. After the episode D&D said Martin told them Stannis was going to burn Shireen eventually so they spoiled the books and did it first for shock value.

The show has treated the Unsullied like red shirts. These are supposed to be the most badass well trained fighters in the world.

And the final scene with Drogon was pretty much the opposite of the books. The show was pretty much Dany saving Drogon by getting his ass out of there. The books Drogon shows up, kicks ass and murders a bunch of people, and challenges Dany to get off her ass and start using her dragons, then he takes off with her. There seemed like a real possibility in the books that he was going to kill her if she didnt respond to his challenge. Just a weak ass episode.

The Azor Ahai hasn't been brought up in the show that I know of, but stannis still belives he is something that he is not. I do agree about the unsullied though. These guys are treated like peasant fighters. It is really annoying to watch. You're right again about drogon.

Honestly, the most frustrating difference is the events that actually take place at the wall in the book compared to the show. I have no idea what is going to take place in the last episode.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the Unsullied looking shitty in the show is perhaps being used as a device to help indicate problems due to Dany not being commanding enough as a leader.

As I read the books I am finding more and more that you get alot of story and tone out of the inner thoughts of the characters..... you don't get this in the show and they need to try to use other elements in the show to try to fill in the gaps where the book just gives you the inner thoughts and struggles of the characters.

I think Dany is supposed to be kind of indecisive in this stretch.... learning from mistakes and whatnot..... something tells me the show has alot of Unsullied dying as a way of conveying the impact of some of these lessons on Dany..... or perhaps there is subtext in the show about how dangerous the Sons of the Harpy really are.... having Unsullied dying conveys that message.

Idk it would seem odd to me for HBO to just decide to randomly make the Unsullied look like a bunch of pushovers.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:

Agreed. Weak season overall imo.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Unsullied looking shitty in the show is perhaps being used as a device to help indicate problems due to Dany not being commanding enough as a leader.

As I read the books I am finding more and more that you get alot of story and tone out of the inner thoughts of the characters..... you don't get this in the show and they need to try to use other elements in the show to try to fill in the gaps where the book just gives you the inner thoughts and struggles of the characters.

I think Dany is supposed to be kind of indecisive in this stretch.... learning from mistakes and whatnot..... something tells me the show has alot of Unsullied dying as a way of conveying the impact of some of these lessons on Dany..... or perhaps there is subtext in the show about how dangerous the Sons of the Harpy really are.... having Unsullied dying conveys that message.

Idk it would seem odd to me for HBO to just decide to randomly make the Unsullied look like a bunch of pushovers.

Honestly, I think that is a fair point. You're right HBO is putting information into a different medium and doing so means they have to convey it in a different way.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah fuck dany for leaving that light skinned goddess to die for a bitch ass dragon

and on a side note if the sons of the harpy almost took out the biggest dragon alone a army would destroy them all..untrained and no rider i suppose

That was no bitch ass dragon. That was her child. Stannis Baratheon she is not.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
My own theory about something that I think will be big as GRRM keeps writing:

I think Varys is a Faceless Man, and probably their leader, or at the very least was in a power struggle with Jaqen.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
My own theory about something that I think will be big as GRRM keeps writing:

I think Varys is a Faceless Man, and probably their leader, or at the very least was in a power struggle with Jaqen.

I dont see it. But he has been stuck in a whore house a long time for a guy with no equipment.