Game of Thrones Thread

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah it is that way in the book too.... just WunWun comes south of the Wall.

IIRC the Giants were nearly rendered extinct at the battle, the remaining ones mostly scattered back towards Hardhome or elsewhere further North.

WunWun was the only giant that stayed with the Wildlings/Tormund, so he was the only one to come south.

The assumption is that he may very well be the last of his kind.

OK nerd, do any of the Giants make the turn....to white walker?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
OK nerd, do any of the Giants make the turn....to white walker?

No examples of it in the book, but they burned all the corpses after the battle at the Wall.

Since every other living thing seems to be capable of turning.... I would assume Giants can turn.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No examples of it in the book, but they burned all the corpses after the battle at the Wall.

Since every other living thing seems to be capable of turning.... I would assume Giants can turn.

You don't see any white walker deer or bunny rabbits

-- tapatalkin'!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You don't see any white walker deer or bunny rabbits

-- tapatalkin'!

We also haven't seen any wight walker Ice Spiders either.... but old Nan says dey coming

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ramsay is going to die in 2 weeks. It's a good thing.

I agree that would be a good thing but I wouldn't count on it or something stupid as shit is gonna happen… like Little finger showing up and fucking something up or Sansa betraying Jon somehow, she is her mothers daughter after all.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree that would be a good thing but I wouldn't count on it or something stupid as shit is gonna happen… like Little finger showing up and fucking something up or Sansa betraying Jon somehow, she is her mothers daughter after all.

Sansa won't betray Jon. Littlefinger won't betray either one just yet. Jon wins this war but a bastard won't rule the North but his half sister can with the help of of the ever so helpful Littlefinger. He'll then have both Robin and Sansa wrapped around his little finger (pun intended). So Baelish is no threat to Sansa and Jon at this point. He's an ally, if anything, for this battle. The Boltons mean nothing to him. Robin and Sansa means more power for him.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Theon was never a good guy. He's just now turning into one. The iron born are like the white trash of Westeros

You're missing the point of Theon's arc. "What is dead may never die but rises again, harder, and stronger." This quote encompasses and represents Theon. Theon was "dead" and replaced by Reek. Theon is now making a return and is going to come back on a path of redemption, better and stronger.

To say he was never good is false. He isn't evil and didn't want to hurt anybody when he took over winterfell. He assumed there wouldn't be a struggle from anyone. He wanted to be respected. He wanted to make a name for himself. He wanted his biological father's approval. He had to do these things or risked being mocked further by his men.

He loved the Starks. He didn't want to kill ser Rodrik and he killed the farmer boys to protect bran and rickon. He has carried remorse and guilt for these things ever since he did them.

To say he is just becoming a good character is wrong. As most characters in this series he is a gray character. As I stated earlier his arc represents redemption. Start high, drop to rock bottom, come back stronger and better.

He loves the Starks, they are the only "real" family he has ever had and he shown that ever since Sansa ended up at winterfell and prior to that when he saved bran and rickon by killing the farm boys.

I didn't mean to rant, I love this series and the books more than any series I have ever read.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Can't wait to see some heads get crushed up

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sansa won't betray Jon. Littlefinger won't betray either one just yet. Jon wins this war but a bastard won't rule the North but his half sister can with the help of of the ever so helpful Littlefinger. He'll then have both Robin and Sansa wrapped around his little finger (pun intended). So Baelish is no threat to Sansa and Jon at this point. He's an ally, if anything, for this battle. The Boltons mean nothing to him. Robin and Sansa means more power for him.

I was trying to say something fucked is gonna happen to Jon for all these "wins." I don't really think Sansa will outright betray him but there is already some some distrust there at least from Sansa.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're missing the point of Theon's arc. "What is dead may never die but rises again, harder, and stronger." This quote encompasses and represents Theon. Theon was "dead" and replaced by Reek. Theon is now making a return and is going to come back on a path of redemption, better and stronger.

To say he was never good is false. He isn't evil and didn't want to hurt anybody when he took over winterfell. He assumed there wouldn't be a struggle from anyone. He wanted to be respected. He wanted to make a name for himself. He wanted his biological father's approval. He had to do these things or risked being mocked further by his men.

He loved the Starks. He didn't want to kill ser Rodrik and he killed the farmer boys to protect bran and rickon. He has carried remorse and guilt for these things ever since he did them.

To say he is just becoming a good character is wrong. As most characters in this series he is a gray character. As I stated earlier his arc represents redemption. Start high, drop to rock bottom, come back stronger and better.

He loves the Starks, they are the only "real" family he has ever had and he shown that ever since Sansa ended up at winterfell and prior to that when he saved bran and rickon by killing the farm boys.

I didn't mean to rant, I love this series and the books more than any series I have ever read.

I agree that Theon is a grey character. I never said he was villain. He started off as a cocky little shit, then a betrayer, then Reek, and is just recently doing what's right for others not just Theon.

He didn't "save" Bran and Richon either. He couldn't find them so he murdered farm boys and crisped them up so nobody would know who they were. I don't think he would killed the actual Stark boys if had found them though either because he isn't a villain. But this version of Theon we're seeing now wouldn't have betrayed Rob in the first place. Just my opinion though.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was trying to say something fucked is gonna happen to Jon for all these "wins." I don't really think Sansa will outright betray him but there is already some some distrust there at least from Sansa.

Jon gonna be ok. Has a lot of aces up his sleeve for this bastard battle. Probably get the army of the Vale joining him. I believe Brienne is at the castle to get Blackfish to give up that losing battle to go fight with Jon so expect him and his men to escape the castle with her right before the not so impressive Jaime orders the castle to be set ablaze. Arya will likely be back as well to stick a needle (another intended pun) in Ramsay's eye. Also have a giant, dire wolf, and potential magical warg watching Jon's back.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree that Theon is a grey character. I never said he was villain. He started off as a cocky little shit, then a betrayer, then Reek, and is just recently doing what's right for others not just Theon.

He didn't "save" Bran and Richon either. He couldn't find them so he murdered farm boys and crisped them up so nobody would know who they were. I don't think he would killed the actual Stark boys if had found them though either because he isn't a villain. But this version of Theon we're seeing now wouldn't have betrayed Rob in the first place. Just my opinion though.

I'm sorry I misinterpreted what you said in your previous message .

And I agree this theon definitely wouldn't betray Robb.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm sorry I misinterpreted what you said in your previous message .

And I agree this theon definitely wouldn't betray Robb.

Well duh, the betrayal and resulting fallout got Theon's dick chopped off...

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
He just wanted respect. Didn't want people to think he was dickless but now he is and so it goes in the game of thrones.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's hard for ... A man to go dickless anywhere.

I'll bet A man was really wanting his dick back while watching his sis paw that girl in the brothel during the last episode.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
What about how that guy put Mountain back together? Can a man get his dick back?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
episode 10 is named Winter Is Coming which has some of the GoT community believing it will be Caitlyn Stark's return

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well duh, the betrayal and resulting fallout got Theon's dick chopped off...

Yeah, talk about PTSD.

It would be cool since Theon and Yara are taking Victarion's arc if they gave Theon a volcano cock.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
thinking brienne, podrick, jaime, and hound all end up at riverrun with some brotherhood without banners shenanigans and the debut of lady stoneheart