Game of Thrones Thread

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see Little Finger pushing Jon anywhere.... Jon is a very useful ally.... Little Finger will not try to push him out, he will try to use Jon just like he used Ned.

Dany is about as far away from Jon as she can be... I find it unlikely she and Jon are going to confirm R+L=J and then get in contact and then Jon will travel all the way South to where she is and abandon The Wall, Sansa, and The North just to go say hi.

More likely I could see Jon seeking out Dany when the wight walker threat finally breaches The Wall.
That makes sense too. Wasn't trying to say it would all happen right away but would transpire over the course of the next season. Don't think it's LF's thinking to back someone's claim to the throne but rather gather enough power for himself to put himself on the throne. So he wouldn't be looking to encourage Jon to claim his right to the throne but rather just using everybody he can to gain enough power for himself.

What Varys is doing, I don't really know. Probably need to have read the books to get a better read on him and, even then, who's to say the show goes that same direction? Just sense he already turned on Dany and has other plans in mind.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That makes sense too. Wasn't trying to say it would all happen right away but would transpire over the course of the next season. Don't think it's LF's thinking to back someone's claim to the throne but rather gather enough power for himself to put himself on the throne. So he wouldn't be looking to encourage Jon to claim his right to the throne but rather just using everybody he can to gain enough power for himself.

What Varys is doing, I don't really know. Probably need to have read the books to get a better read on him and, even then, who's to say the show goes that same direction? Just sense he already turned on Dany and has other plans in mind.

Ok well besides your feeling.... Varys has said hes all-in on planting Dany on the throne.... he wouldn't of bailed on King's Landing and went to Mereen with Tyrion otherwise.

In the book and show he has done nothing but support Dany.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
well I am with you, Spartan. Something about the parting Varys shot made me think this might be another one of his long cons. Eventually he will have Westeros by the... er... balls

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok well besides your feeling.... Varys has said hes all-in on planting Dany on the throne.... he wouldn't of bailed on King's Landing and went to Mereen with Tyrion otherwise.

In the book and show he has done nothing but support Dany.
He looked taken back when confronted by the Priestess. He leaves right before the attack and didn't know it was coming? Maybe he called for it.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He looked taken back when confronted by the Priestess. He leaves right before the attack and didn't know it was coming? Maybe he called for it.
Then he is probably disappointed that dragons rekt that whole idea

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Varys tells Tyrion he is going to Westeros to do something, but I am forgetting exactly what he says.

I mean you are really grasping at straws here.... Varys doesn't like the Red bitches, but he understands why Tyrion used them.

If Varys couldn't handle being allied with people he despises, I don't think he would have made it very long....

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Varys tells Tyrion he is going to Westeros to do something, but I am forgetting exactly what he says.

I mean you are really grasping at straws here.... Varys doesn't like the Red bitches, but he understands why Tyrion used them.

If Varys couldn't handle being allied with people he despises, I don't think he would have made it very long....
"Yet I still dream of that night, my lord. Not of the sorcerer, nor his blade, nor even the way my manhood shriveled as it burned. I dream of the voice. The voice from the flames. Was it a god, a demon, some conjurer's trick? I could not tell you, and I know all the tricks. All I can say for a certainty is that he called it, and it answered, and since that day I have hated magic and all those who practice it. If Lord Stannis is one such, I mean to see him dead."

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
"Yet I still dream of that night, my lord. Not of the sorcerer, nor his blade, nor even the way my manhood shriveled as it burned. I dream of the voice. The voice from the flames. Was it a god, a demon, some conjurer's trick? I could not tell you, and I know all the tricks. All I can say for a certainty is that he called it, and it answered, and since that day I have hated magic and all those who practice it. If Lord Stannis is one such, I mean to see him dead."

I know, he hates them.... he also hated Robert and Tywin Lannister and Little Finger and all sorts of people.

Dany was gone the entire time Tyrion had the Red bish preaching for her.... why would Varys blame that on Dany and bail and what makes you think the slavers who already wanted to attack needed/would listen to Varys telling them to attack?

You are making way too much of the Red bish in Mereen.... Varys not gonna bail on like 2 decades of scheming because he hates someone who is helping Dany.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know, he hates them.... he also hated Robert and Tywin Lannister and Little Finger and all sorts of people.

Dany was gone the entire time Tyrion had the Red bish preaching for her.... why would Varys blame that on Dany and bail and what makes you think the slavers who already wanted to attack needed/would listen to Varys telling them to attack?

You are making way too much of the Red bish in Mereen.... Varys not gonna bail on like 2 decades of scheming because he hates someone who is helping Dany.
None of them did the magic to the point he hates them enough to want them dead like he said of Stannis. Look at it again. He even talks about Stannis to her. She strikes a nerve with what she knows about him and how he suffered at the hands of a second rate sorcerer. Even speaks on that which frightens him the most, the voice from the flames. You see his reaction and then...he gone and Mereen attacked. She scared the fuck out of the dickless one.

[video=youtube;pJP9o6QMk-E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJP9o6QMk-E[/video]

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
None of them did the magic to the point he hates them enough to want them dead like he said of Stannis. Look at it again. He even talks about Stannis to her. She strikes a nerve with what she knows about him and how he suffered at the hands of a second rate sorcerer. Even speaks on that which frightens him the most, the voice from the flames. You see his reaction and then...he gone and Mereen attacked. She scared the fuck out of the dickless one.

[video=youtube;pJP9o6QMk-E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJP9o6QMk-E[/video]

I don't buy that being the reason he left, nor that he somehow ordered the attack on Mereen.... makes no sense.

I think Varys is going to die though, so owno that it will matter.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't buy that being the reason he left, nor that he somehow ordered the attack on Mereen.... makes no sense.

I think Varys is going to die though, so owno that it will matter.
Whether he did or didn't order the attack, he still hears all the whispers, no? Why no warning before the sudden departure? She says if you are a true friend of the Queen, you have nothing to fear from me. Clearly he is afraid.

Who kills him?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
in the show, didn't they establish his little birds are all homeless kids? maybe he was having a hard time finding as many in meereen or vaes dothrak

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Whether he did or didn't order the attack, he still hears all the whispers, no? Why no warning before the sudden departure? She says if you are a true friend of the Queen, you have nothing to fear from me. Clearly he is afraid.

Who kills him?

Hard to say whether he should have known the attack was coming and warned anyone.... In the book them coming to attack Mereen is very well known and no one needs Varys and his little birds to warn them that the slave masters are at war with Mereen.

I think Little Finger will get him in the end.... I am not saying next episode he will die, but I think he dies by Little Finger's hand or command.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
in the show, didn't they establish his little birds are all homeless kids? maybe he was having a hard time finding as many in meereen or vaes dothrak

Or in the slave cities.... yeah idk how many little birds he has in the slave cities.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rr martin says winds of winter will be out in january. A telling thing for me is that the cover of the book is the dragon horn that euron is supposed to have gotten from valyria. It would be pretty funny if daenerys is all 'drakharis' and then the dragons say 'later bitch'

-- tapatalkin'!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Rr martin says winds of winter will be out in january. A telling thing for me is that the cover of the book is the dragon horn that euron is supposed to have gotten from valyria. It would be pretty funny if daenerys is all 'drakharis' and then the dragons say 'later bitch'

-- tapatalkin'!

"But Drogon.... I fought we wuz brogons?!?!?"

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

-- tapatalkin'!
Her babies turn on her cause of a horn? Surely you jest.