Game of Thrones Thread

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just read that Howland Reed who was with Ned at the tower or joy is the lone survivor who knows that Jon is Lyanna's son. I'm sure he knows Jon is Rhaegar's son since she was put there protected by king's guard by Rhaegar. I wonder if he'll figure in somehow.

Also R+L=J is confirmed at least on the wiki site and the only the question left is if Jon is legitimate or a bastard. The Targaryens were rulers so polygamy may've been ok with them… I mean incest was fine with them.

Also apparently Jon's real name isn't actually Jon. It was something Targaryen sounding and Ned changed it.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter
Jaehaerys Targaryen knows nothing.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lady Mormont is a little badass. Fucking shame she wields little forces or else she would have been a hell of a Queen.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lady Mormont is a little badass. Fucking shame she wields little forces or else she would have been a hell of a Queen.

11 year old Lady Mormont remembers.... the rest of the North is peeing in their own bowl of soup.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
How'd The Mountain manage to get fat while being dead?

latest

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How'd The Mountain manage to get fat while being dead?

latest

The second stage of decomposition is bloating; bacteria in the gut begin to break down the tissues of the body, releasing gas that accumulates in the intestines, which becomes trapped because of the early collapse of the small intestine.

and pasta

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Question for the resident nerd-authorities: how do you imagine the proof is presented for R+L=J?

I don't think Bran can share his visions, and all we have is his word for it - so where is the tangible evidence? Seems to me, to prove the lineage, that someone is going to find a scroll or some other deeply guarded documentary evidence, any other guesses?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Question for the resident nerd-authorities: how do you imagine the proof is presented for R+L=J?

I don't think Bran can share his visions, and all we have is his word for it - so where is the tangible evidence? Seems to me, to prove the lineage, that someone is going to find a scroll or some other deeply guarded documentary evidence, any other guesses?

Howland Reed is still alive IIRC.... Meera/Jojen's father.... he has firsthand knowledge, so he could confirm it theoretically.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Howland Reed is still alive IIRC.... Meera/Jojen's father.... he has firsthand knowledge, so he could confirm it theoretically.

Maybe he already told Meera and when Bran tells her of his latest vision she'll be like "no shit, I could have told you that" and then some birds will hear about it and spread it all over the fuckin' place.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

R+L=J would take Jon out of the Winterfell discussion, he would go from Ned's bastard son to Ned's bastard (maybe legit) nephew. It would put him in play for the Targaryen version of the Iron Throne. With the exception of Gendry are there even any blood Berateons left? Stannis burned his and Renly was a... uh confirmed bachelor.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am now officially in GOT withdrawal. After watching an amazing amount of replays, I actually counted the number of times Jon hit Ramsey at Winterfell. It was an official 21 gun salute to Ramsey's head:)

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I started watching season 1 over and knowing what I know now it's always been pretty obvious that LF was always gonna make a play for the iron throne.

-He poisoned Jon Aaryn
-He kept Ned in Kings Landing when he was ready to bail
-He betrayed Ned to Lanisters

Those 3 things basically started the War of Five Kings

-He killed Joffery
-Befriend Sansa
-Sold Sansa to the Boltens

Those 3 throngs wiped out the Boltens and severely injured the Lanisters.

LF told his whore that he learned that he couldn't fight for what he wanted after he lost Cat to Ned's brother. He said instead he was going to "fuck everyone" because that's what he knew and he's been fucking everyone pretty hard.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I started watching season 1 over and knowing what I know now it's always been pretty obvious that LF was always gonna make a play for the iron throne.

-He poisoned Jon Aaryn
-He kept Ned in Kings Landing when he was ready to bail
-He betrayed Ned to Lanisters

Those 3 things basically started the War of Five Kings

-He killed Joffery
-Befriend Sansa
-Sold Sansa to the Boltens

Those 3 throngs wiped out the Boltens and severely injured the Lanisters.

LF told his whore that he learned that he couldn't fight for what he wanted after he lost Cat to Ned's brother. He said instead he was going to "fuck everyone" because that's what he knew and he's been fucking everyone pretty hard.

Wasn't Cat Ned's wife?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wasn't Cat Ned's wife?

"She was betrothed to marry Brandon Stark of Winterfell, but he was brutally murdered by the Mad King, Aerys II Targaryen after Prince Rhaegar had kidnapped Brandon's sister Lyanna. Catelyn instead married Brandon's brother, Eddard. Though they barely knew one another when they wed they have formed a strong and loving marriage"

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Catelyn_Stark

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"She was betrothed to marry Brandon Stark of Winterfell, but he was brutally murdered by the Mad King, Aerys II Targaryen after Prince Rhaegar had kidnapped Brandon's sister Lyanna. Catelyn instead married Brandon's brother, Eddard. Though they barely knew one another when they wed they have formed a strong and loving marriage"

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Catelyn_Stark

Yeah. That's what I thought.